Hi guys! I just got my new Priv yesterday, and I have to say even though I am impressed with the design of the phone, the build quality leaves more to be desired.

The screen was clicky on the left lower part of the screen when it is closed. So when I am pushing the back button and the virtual keyboard the screen part is moving and hitting against the keyboard part of the phone.

Moreover, the left side of the body was very creaky. Without any big effort you can press the left side of the phone and it gives you a creaky sound.

These give me a bad impression on the build quality of the phone. I showed this to my GF and then we both decided to return the phone.

Later however I realized that it is a very common problem, so I decided to keep it. After googling for some time I found a couple of helpful instructions on the internet which helped me solved the problem. These tips worked wonderfully for me, but I cannot guarantee it would work for you.

So these are the youtube videos for them. I hope that these work well for you as much as they did for me.

WARNING: some people who are doing this second method is getting a worse result than before doing this trick. Do it at your own risk, and please when you do it, do it very gently. Some people are not recommending doing it to your device at all, as it may get worse over time.

Credits to the two guys here who made those videos (I am sure Mr. Freeze is a frequent Crackberry user). I take no credit for it and the reason I am posting this is just to make others have an easier time to find the solutions, as I know that both of these videos are available also in this forum.

Cheers, have a nice day, and Merry Christmas!

Edit:
    For those with clicky and loose screen, this might also help. Credit to lawguyman who is also a CB user (I copy pasted his post). But again, do this very gently, and although it may give you a good result for this time, we still don't know what would happen in the long run. Please keep this in mind when doing this.

1. Open the keyboard;
    2. Hold the phone so that your thumb is placed under but parallel to the screen (along the top of the physical keyboard);
    3. Place your index finger under the back of the phone under the speakers;
    4. Place your other hand under the phone by the camera lens;
    5. Apply GENTLE pressure to the base of the phone (not to the screen) with your thumb and index finger. You're flexing the base of the phone by the top of the physical keyboard.
    6. Close the phone and test for clicks. If there are still clicks repeat with just a little bit more pressure. Test again for clicks. Repeat as necessary.
    Last edited by Andy Wijaya; 12-24-15 at 02:51 AM.
    12-22-15 05:48 AM
    That actually worked for me. Thank you for sharing!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    12-22-15 06:01 AM
    That actually worked for me. Thank you for sharing!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    The credit is not mine my friend! Say it to the video makers! But you're welcome anyway. XD

I just don't want many people give up too easily on the phone because this issue can be fixed with some easy tweaking.
    12-22-15 06:38 AM
    Worked for me thx

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    12-22-15 08:48 AM
    Worked for me thx

Posted via CB10
    Glad it worked for you!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-15 11:38 AM
    Let us know if the clicks come back over time
    12-22-15 12:06 PM
    Let us know if the clicks come back over time
    I would! Don't worry. Until this time, it is still going well.
    12-22-15 03:05 PM
    Now we just need a fix for the creaky back lol

Andy Wijaya likes this.
    12-22-15 08:15 PM
    I find this problem really interesting. Sometimes it is there, on the bottom left corner. Sometimes it's on the bottom right corner. Sometimes it's on the left side. And sometimes it's gone completely.

Andy Wijaya and Viscomi4444 like this.
    12-22-15 10:33 PM
    Absolutely spot on. Slider screen rode higher and applying pressure actually flattened the metal bezel around gorillas glass and stopped clicking. This is an amazing phone. Finally wiped my SE Passport and selling as we speak on Ebay. Hub, keyboards, etc work great and no app problems.

STV 100-1 AAD250
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    12-22-15 10:39 PM
    Thank you so much. This fixed it for me. It's so satisfying not having it click anymore!

Andy Wijaya likes this.
    12-23-15 12:47 AM
    Thanks! This worked for me!
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    12-23-15 03:39 AM
    I find this problem really interesting. Sometimes it is there, on the bottom left corner. Sometimes it's on the bottom right corner. Sometimes it's on the left side. And sometimes it's gone completely.

Have you tried the solution? It worked for some people. I know that I would feel annoyed if it happens all the time like that. Maybe it would happen again in the future, but the solution worked for me in the moment.

I don't know whether it is a design flaw or just an imperfect assembling process, time would tell I guess.
    12-23-15 05:15 AM
    Thank you so much. This fixed it for me. It's so satisfying not having it click anymore!

I know right. I also feel the same way when it is fixed. Don't forget to thank the OP of the video!
    12-23-15 05:17 AM
    Thanks! This worked for me!
    Did you kill Versace? Lol. Kidding. Credit is to the real OP of the solutions! Enjoy your Priv without creaky sound now.
    12-23-15 05:23 AM
    Have you tried the solution? It worked for some people. I know that I would feel annoyed if it happens all the time like that. Maybe it would happen again in the future, but the solution worked for me in the moment.

I don't know whether it is a design flaw or just an imperfect assembling process, time would tell I guess.
    Yes I have tried and it did fix the problem but after a while it would come back. Now I decided to live with it. Mine doesn't click much though. Very subtle.

12-23-15 11:24 AM
    I had the same problem: the screen would click while the slider was open, but didn't when closed. I tried the twisting method shown in the video but it would just switch "clickiness" to the left or right. Somewhere else on the forum someone mentioned that if you slide the display up fast enough it wouldn't click anymore. Sure enough when I used a little force to quickly slide it open, the display was very solid and without any movement. After a couple of days of doing this, the click is gone even when I open the slider as slowly as I can.

So long story short, don't give up on this phone because of the clicking issue. Either use the methods above or in my case time will fix it.
    12-23-15 04:19 PM
    The second video is a terrible suggestion and it will return and be even worse over time. You're not doing anything substantial to actually change it, you're literally just flexing the plastic and when it flexes back into place, you'll have to do it again. Ultimately, you're making it worse by flexing it so much. Mr. Freeze should feel bad for letting that video spread so much lol.
    just_luc and ahmedhanif911 like this.
    12-23-15 10:38 PM
    The second video is a terrible suggestion and it will return and be even worse over time. You're not doing anything substantial to actually change it, you're literally just flexing the plastic and when it flexes back into place, you'll have to do it again. Ultimately, you're making it worse by flexing it so much. Mr. Freeze should feel bad for letting that video spread so much lol.
    I wish I never tried his method. My screen clicking wasn't as bad until I tried his suggestion. Now it's worse

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 01:15 AM
    Thanks for the share, worked perfectly
    12-24-15 01:55 AM
    Sorry I didn't mean to do that. I meant, I only pushed it gently, with no force. I will edit my OP so that not many people do it too much.

Edit: the OP now contains a warning. If more people are having problems with it I would also feel bad. X(
    Last edited by Andy Wijaya; 12-24-15 at 03:12 AM.
    12-24-15 02:44 AM
    I wish I never tried his method. My screen clicking wasn't as bad until I tried his suggestion. Now it's worse

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry friend. I didn't mean to do that. The reason why I am sharing this is because both methods worked for me, and the clicks hasn't come back yet. Sorry, and it can get better or you can (I am really sorry if you have to do this) get a replacement.
    12-24-15 02:45 AM
    Anyone having any issues where the top of the screen pushes in and moves when pressed? It happens as the keyboard is closed. Left and right side.

12-25-15 05:49 PM

Yeah I am finding that as well...

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 06:02 PM
    Anyone having any issues where the top of the screen pushes in and moves when pressed? It happens as the keyboard is closed. Left and right side.

I think the moving screen part is a very common issue found on this phone. O.o Most people experience it on the bottom part of the screen I guess.
    12-26-15 05:08 AM
28 12