Version AAF960

For those in the Beta Program:  Android Beta #8 is out today!-2016-07-29_1232.png
    07-29-16 11:29 AM
    Yup. 186MB from AAF518.
    07-29-16 11:33 AM
    Installing now. All I want is improved battery life and a snappier Hub.
    07-29-16 11:36 AM
    Don't we all?
    Matt J likes this.
    07-29-16 11:45 AM
    Wow, looks like lots of system files will be updated this time? Can't wait for the official release!

Anyone on beta, do you mind sharing some screen shots please??

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-29-16 11:47 AM
    This Beta program is amazing. Although it's great for the Priv, at least the DTEK 50 will launch with a truly optimised OS with minimal bugs.
    07-29-16 11:49 AM
    Installing when I get home, already downloaded it. Hopefully this sorts out the Bluetooth lag I've got since July.
    07-29-16 11:50 AM
    Don't we all?
    I'll never say no to improved battery life! My Hub is quite snappy already though... then again, I'm still in love with BB10!
    07-29-16 11:51 AM
    if someone gets a chance, check and see if the bluetooth music bug is still around. that has been most annoying.
    07-29-16 11:53 AM
    Beta #8 is FAAAAAAAST! Whatever they did, they improved the speed of the graphics and responsiveness. I didn't notice this through all the Betas until #8.

Will report back on battery life.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    07-29-16 01:37 PM
    Beta #8 is FAAAAAAAST! Whatever they did, they improved the speed of the graphics and responsiveness. I didn't notice this through all the Betas until #8.

You can manually change your animation speeds in developer settings.

I have everything set at .5x. Maybe that's why I haven't noticed a difference.
    Last edited by conite; 07-29-16 at 02:24 PM.
    07-29-16 01:43 PM

I agree. Animations and overall navigation are noticeably crisper. I have never posted a comment like this before. I am normally reticent to throw out subjective observations, but I am sufficiently moved in this case to make mention.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    mithrazor likes this.
    07-29-16 02:11 PM
    To all the "naysayers" on BlackBerry and Android, please show me another manufacturer that actually delivers the security patches (say much less this level of improvement!) on a regular basis...... you can't.

Google's Nexus devices come the closest, but if you don't want your information on Google's servers it's a royal pain in the tush to do that. BlackBerry makes it easy since it has the Hub and if you have an Exchange server you're golden.
    07-29-16 02:18 PM

Relative to Pre-June or July? Faster than July isn't saying much...
    07-29-16 02:26 PM
    Relative to Pre-June or July? Faster than July isn't saying much...
    Relative to everything before. I never noticed a speed increase until Beta #8.

07-29-16 03:22 PM
    To all the "naysayers" on BlackBerry and Android, please show me another manufacturer that actually delivers the security patches (say much less this level of improvement!) on a regular basis...... you can't.

Google's Nexus devices come the closest, but if you don't want your information on Google's servers it's a royal pain in the tush to do that. BlackBerry makes it easy since it has the Hub and if you have an Exchange server you're golden.
    Well, Verizon Priv users are a definite exception to the rule. And, no, we canNOT acquire Verizon models directly from ShopBB.
    07-29-16 03:55 PM
    Well, Verizon Priv users are a definite exception to the rule. And, no, we canNOT acquire Verizon models directly from ShopBB.
    Like many have said, not like BlackBerry can do jack about that. Verizon is the one who put this stupid certification process. Verizon isn't letting stuff through. I'm sure BlackBerry has like a ton of builds sitting there waiting to be certified.
    07-29-16 04:45 PM
    Downloading now.
    I wish they post changelogs though so we would know what to look for.

chuckiev79 likes this.
    07-29-16 05:00 PM
    Well that means this beta update send to work better, hopefully the official release won't be that long for phones like mine, i really wanna be in the beta but it's all too late..

Awaiting AAF960!!

07-29-16 06:25 PM
    Well that means this beta update send to work better, hopefully the official release won't be that long for phones like mine, i really wanna be in the beta but it's all too late..

Awaiting AAF960!!

It's not really a beta. We just get the official release a few days early to test the rollout.
    07-29-16 06:48 PM
    It's not really a beta. We just get the official release a few days early to test the rollout.
    just wondering for phones like yours which have been enrolled for the beta, when the official release has arrived, will your phone be prompted to donwload the software update again?

and may i know the date of the august security patch in this build? is it 1 Aug 2016? just wondering so i won't be too fussy to wait for the official release to come to my phone lol.. as usually i receive the monthly update like 1 day before the date shown on the security patch, so if the date is 1 Aug, then i'll be expecting the update to come to my phone.. tomorrow, that's what makes me fussy if i don't see the notification on my phone hahah..
    07-29-16 07:12 PM
    The Security Patch date is August 5th.
    07-29-16 07:22 PM
    Downloading now.
    I wish they post changelogs though so we would know what to look for.

Restarted twice and let it settle.
    Free RAM is between 700MB - 1 GIG without open apps.
    That's pretty high compared to before.
    Before I installed and restarted my free ram was around 350 megs.
    So far so good. Nice.

07-29-16 07:36 PM
    Restarted twice and let it settle.
    Free RAM is between 700MB - 1 GIG without open apps.
    That's pretty high compared to before.
    Before I installed and restarted my free ram was around 350 megs.
    So far so good. Nice.

Correction: that free ram is average over the last three hours.
    Even more impressive since that time period included time before the update.
    BlackBerry Team's updates are making this device better and better. Great job guys.

07-29-16 07:37 PM
    just wondering for phones like yours which have been enrolled for the beta, when the official release has arrived, will your phone be prompted to donwload the software update again?
    You can't re-download what you already have.
    07-29-16 07:47 PM
66 123