PS; This isn't the Poll, this is where I gather a few phone variables to put together a proper Poll.

Was thinking about a Poll to see if possibly, a specific source of Priv multiple issues; Short battery life and Hot.

What are some of the phone hardware variables? How different are the Privs? Are they all identical regardless of carrier, country? ATT and all the others? Are there different manufacturing Lots/Batches? What makes them different?
    Last edited by mawil1013; 06-14-16 at 08:22 AM.
    06-13-16 07:23 PM
    There are four variants of the PRIV.... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ncies-1043968/

As for manufacturing.. it's hard to say how many batches there have been.

Issue (if there is one) could have been a result of the assembly process, or it could have been the result of component manufacturing. Seen a number of post where users that had a problem, said that MM fixed their issues... that would indicate a software problem was at the root of it. But other say MM didn't fix their issues.

CrackBerry is generally a site that someone that is having issues is more likely to visit. So while we might see 200 complaints about heating and battery..... out of maybe 500K units sold that isn't all that bad. Would be hard to get a fair assessment by doing a poll here...
    06-14-16 07:25 AM
    The poll would have to be many pages long, to account for all the apps that might be causing issues and all the various settings that could conflict
    06-14-16 07:33 AM
    The poll would have to be many pages long, to account for all the apps that might be causing issues and all the various settings that could conflict
    I'm only looking at the two main issues that seem to have been plaguing Priv owners. The excessive heat and Short battery life. It will be limited to those two and this is simple statistical quality control trying to see it there is a commonality to these two issues.
    06-14-16 07:38 AM
    There are four variants of the PRIV.... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ncies-1043968/

As for manufacturing.. it's hard to say how many batches there have been.

Issue (if there is one) could have been a result of the assembly process, or it could have been the result of component manufacturing. Seen a number of post where users that had a problem, said that MM fixed their issues... that would indicate a software problem was at the root of it. But other say MM didn't fix their issues.

CrackBerry is generally a site that someone that is having issues is more likely to visit. So while we might see 200 complaints about heating and battery..... out of maybe 500K units sold that isn't all that bad. Would be hard to get a fair assessment by doing a poll here...
    I'll review the variants, exactly what I'm looking for, thanks. A well crafted Poll can possibly show a glaring cause or not. But it's worth the attempt. Especially for those wanting to buy a Priv but put off by the possible problems.
    06-14-16 07:43 AM
    Priv STV100-1 factory unlocked from ShopBlackBerry.

10-16 hours battery (6+ SOT) with heavy use.
    No heat issues.
    AAF153

Personally I think there are far too many variables (use case, workflow, network strength, WiFi strength) to make this useful.
    06-14-16 07:44 AM
    Priv STV100-1 factory unlocked from ShopBlackBerry.

10-16 hours battery (6+ SOT) with heavy use.
    No heat issues.
    AAF153
    Impatient r we! LOL this isn't the Poll, just variant gathering, or r u bragging how sweet a Priv u have? LOL Glad ur swinging with ur Priv.
    06-14-16 07:48 AM
    STV100-1 Factory Unlocked from shop BB
    From first release to AAF153
    On AT&T network
    Date 11/17/2015
    Made in Mexico 6
    No heat issues, good battery, 6+ hr SOT with heavy use
    Rare lagging, clears itself up after a second or two.

I think if you're gathering data, the date code and # that comes after the 'Made In Mexico' may be important.
    And there are quite a number of apps that are known to sometimes cause major battery drain and even heat.
    06-14-16 08:18 AM