First let me say, I never thought I would consider Android and I'm still on the fence.

My Q10, Z10 and Passport are all in mint condition and I don't really need a new phone but there's something about the Priv that's luring me over. I've wanted a slider since owning a Torch.

How well does the device transfer app work?

Once I have the Priv, and I want to wipe it, how can I backup my contacts? I do not want any cloud syncing of my contacts. Will I have to download a third party app?

Is there a desktop software like Link for the Priv? As it is right now, I never use Link but I will miss Blend.

Thanks in advance,
    Andr�s

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 03:23 PM
    I too have always been a OS10 believer and have used and still have, 8900, Q10, Z10, Z30 and lastly Passport but the world of apps is not either Android or iOS and the android apps on my previous blackberries just did not run smoothly. I finally jumped to the Priv and got one for my partner as well who is not that cellphone tech savy. The learning curve was a short one and thoroughly enjoy everything about the Priv! The newly updated Hub+ mimic the OS10 hub I was so familiar with and all of my email accounts, both Hotmail and Gmail sync perfectly. The quality and build is a work of art, camera is super, the battery life is excellent and charging is fast either using the powered usb connection or wireless if you have the STV100-1.

The Blackberry Content Transfer app worked flawlessly -- you need to have it installed on both phones and have NFC or Bluetooth activated. All of my content transferred (almost 1500) and all of my texts and emails as well.

I thought that I would be using the physical keyboard frequently but honestly the touch screen is very responsive that I use that exclusively. Security is very tight on the phone and I like the fact that I can download an app for my Private Network Access and connect to that when I want super security when connect with my bank, PayPal or any website where I will be using my credit card.

I don't miss Link or Blend as I can access all of my phone files using the USB connector and activating file transfer on my phone when connected to my computer. You can have you phone back up auto to the cloud or through other apps.

Don't hesitate! The only regret I have is that I waited to long to switch over to the Priv!
    09-02-16 04:35 PM
    First let me say, I never thought I would consider Android and I'm still on the fence.

My Q10, Z10 and Passport are all in mint condition and I don't really need a new phone but there's something about the Priv that's luring me over. I've wanted a slider since owning a Torch.

Once I have the Priv, and I want to wipe it, how can I backup my contacts? I do not want any cloud syncing of my contacts. Will I have to download a third party app?

Is there a desktop software like Link for the Priv? As it is right now, I never use Link but I will miss Blend.

Thanks in advance,
    Andr�s

Posted via CB10
    There is a Transfer Content app in both the BBWorld store and in Google Playstore. Some folks have found it works well and others find it did not transfer all material. If you do use it, backup your BB10 device first to make sure you have a solid copy.

There is NO BBLink software (and many of us miss Blend - actually, I still have my Z30 hooked to Blend "reporting" to my desktop computer - works well as adjunct to the Priv).

I have submitted to the Borg - I do use Gmail and have allowed my calendar and contacts to sync. Otherwise, yes, you will need a 3rd party app. I recently tried Super Backup which I think someone mentioned. The problem is that while I think I have backed up calendar/contacts and other stuff I don't know if it can restore faithfully. That is unless I'm willing to delete a bunch of stuff as a test, I can't see how it restores. And so far, I'm not willing to go that far. It backups up in vcf (contacts) and xml format for calendar and other items.

Oh, Remember is transferred to a rather anemic Notes app which does not appear to have a backup or sync function.

Others may have other opinions or suggestions.
    09-02-16 04:40 PM
    Do it. It's a nice device and it's cheaper now

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    09-02-16 07:07 PM
    Unless you want factory unlocked...it was cheaper 2 days ago. Wouldn't be surprised if they have a blowout price @ black Friday. Probably not sooner as they wait to see how many returns they get after this last round that bought at the $499 sale.

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    rkp10001 likes this.
    09-02-16 08:30 PM
    I switched from a mint Passport SE and had gone to that from the list of Q10, Z30, Bold 9900, etc etc etc. The Priv is fantastic. Zero problems of significance. When I need a perfectly typed email or text I use the pkb. The one and not major complaint is that the word recognition and spell check functions as you type are nowhere near as good as the Z30. I have no idea why but that's not nearly a deal breaker.

This is a liberating experience, to embrace Android for its positives. My setup now looks and for the most part acts similar to the best of Blackberry but I also have Android and everything that permits including apps that actually function!! Many are important including airline and banking and credit card apps, all of which never fully worked on BlackBerry.

via Priv
    FF22 and andy957 like this.
    09-02-16 08:44 PM
    Thank you everyone for chiming in. This has certainly nudged me closer to making the leap!

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 10:19 PM
    Thank you everyone for chiming in. This has certainly nudged me closer to making the leap!

Posted via CB10
    No don't buy BlackBerry leap!
    FF22, gebco and Carjackd like this.
    09-02-16 10:55 PM
    Leap is way too cheap...Priv is hip...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    09-03-16 12:49 AM
    Fwiw I just traded a 6 month old s6 edge for a priv. I'm happy I did.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Paraliotis3 likes this.
    09-03-16 03:47 AM
    Fwiw I just traded a 6 month old s6 edge for a priv. I'm happy I did.

Nice trade :-)

09-03-16 04:33 AM
    I too have always been a OS10 believer and have used and still have, 8900, Q10, Z10, Z30 and lastly Passport but the world of apps is not either Android or iOS and the android apps on my previous blackberries just did not run smoothly. I finally jumped to the Priv and got one for my partner as well who is not that cellphone tech savy. The learning curve was a short one and thoroughly enjoy everything about the Priv! The newly updated Hub+ mimic the OS10 hub I was so familiar with and all of my email accounts, both Hotmail and Gmail sync perfectly. The quality and build is a work of art, camera is super, the battery life is excellent and charging is fast either using the powered usb connection or wireless if you have the STV100-1.

The Blackberry Content Transfer app worked flawlessly -- you need to have it installed on both phones and have NFC or Bluetooth activated. All of my content transferred (almost 1500) and all of my texts and emails as well.

I thought that I would be using the physical keyboard frequently but honestly the touch screen is very responsive that I use that exclusively. Security is very tight on the phone and I like the fact that I can download an app for my Private Network Access and connect to that when I want super security when connect with my bank, PayPal or any website where I will be using my credit card.

I don't miss Link or Blend as I can access all of my phone files using the USB connector and activating file transfer on my phone when connected to my computer. You can have you phone back up auto to the cloud or through other apps.

Don't hesitate! The only regret I have is that I waited to long to switch over to the Priv!
    I have same opinion. I also think that the Priv is great Device without any compromises.

andy957 likes this.
    09-03-16 05:18 PM
    My brother returned the Hot Note 7 and got a PRIV. He wanted a great device at home and family security. Bye. Samsung

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    Paraliotis3 likes this.
    09-03-16 06:31 PM
    I have the priv coming from almost 3 years on bb10. I was on android prior to that so didn't have too much trouble getting back into it. I like my priv almost as much as my z30. Only reason it's almost is because it isn't bb10. If I had to go back to android I'm glad I could do it with a priv

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    andy957 likes this.
    09-03-16 08:22 PM

Thanks in advance,
    Andr�s

Posted via CB10
    It's a Superb device, go ahead and take the plunge. Actually seen two other PRIV's in the wild today at different times, both were being used by early 22-24 year olds and each of them expressed complete satisfaction with their devices. What blew me away most, is that each claim to love using the physical keyboard. I don't use it at all, and I'm a long time old BB guy.

Last edited by Norg; 09-04-16 at 08:22 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-04-16 12:06 AM
    i finally jumped from my tried and trusted Z30 to Priv but surprised that i cant seem to get it connect to bb blend...tried to download the app on but a message it is not saying it is not compatible with my device....the question is can ... the priv work on blackberry blend
    09-04-16 01:45 AM
    i finally jumped from my tried and trusted Z30 to Priv but surprised that i cant seem to get it connect to bb blend...tried to download the app on but a message it is not saying it is not compatible with my device....the question is can ... the priv work on blackberry blend
    Did you reboot the z30?

Sent from mTalk on Win 10 PC
    09-04-16 01:47 AM
    i am trying tp get bbb blend to work on the priv....i have now stopped using the z30
    09-04-16 02:30 AM
    i am trying tp get bbb blend to work on the priv....i have now stopped using the z30
    It won't work on priv

Sent from mTalk on Windows Phone 10
    Carjackd and andy957 like this.
    09-04-16 02:33 AM
    Respected Sir,

If you already make up mind to buy BB Priv than leave it or else you can have Blackberry Dtek50 which best at this time.

DTEK50

Fully Android�
    Access to over a million apps on Google Play�
    5.2� scratch resistant display
    Intelligent BlackBerry Keyboard
    Convenience Key
    8MP front camera with flash and 13MP
    auto-focus rear camera
    BlackBerry Security that protects the private details of your life from being hacked

Design
    Size
    Height 147 mm / 5.79 in
    Width 72.5 mm / 2.85 in
    Depth 7.4 mm / 0.29 in
    Weight : 135g / 4.76 oz

Navigation

All-touch screen, with intuitive gesture based navigation

Keyboard

On screen BlackBerry� Keyboard
    Contextual auto-correction, next-word prediction and a personalised learning engine that gets to know the way you type with on screen flick typing or seamless flow typing.

Dedicated keys

Volume Up/Down, Lock (for Power On/Off)

Customisable BlackBerry Convenience Key (usable as Mute Key when on an active call)

Display
    Resolution
    424 PPI
    1920 x 1080 resolution
    24-bit colour depth

Screen Size
    5.2� diagonal
    16:9 aspect ratio

OS
    Operating System
    Android OS

Performance
    Processor
    Qualcomm 8952 with 64 bit Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 and Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 (Snapdragon 617 Octa-Core, 64 bit)

Adreno 405, 550MHz GPU

Memory
    3 GB RAM
    16 GB Flash
    Expandable memory
    Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD memory card (Up to 2TB)

Ports
    USB 2.0 fully supported with standard microUSB 2.0 cable (included in box)

Power
    Battery
    2610 mAh 4.4V non-removable Lithium Ion battery QC2.0 Enabled � 50% charge in 51 minutes
    Battery life1
    Up to 17 hours mixed battery life
    Up to 17 hours talk time
    Up to 24 days standby time
    Up to 40 hours audio playback
    Up to 8 hours video playback

Camera &
    Video
    Rear Camera
    13 megapixel auto-focus camera
    Phase Detect Auto Focus (PDAF), Fast focus lock
    HDR
    6-element f2.0 lens
    Dual Tone LED Flash � Enhanced photo colour balance
    4x digital zoom
    Continuous & touch to focus, face detection, image stabilisation
    Panorama, Burst, Live Filters
    Multi-frame Low Light Enhancement
    1080p HD video recording at 30 fps
    Front Camera
    8MP Fixed-Focus, f2.2
    1.125um pixel size
    84˚ wide angle/field of view lens
    Image & video stabilisation
    1080p HD video recording at 30 fps
    Selfie Flash
    Wide Selfie Mode (also known as Selfie Panorama)
    Multi-Frame Low Light Enhancement

Multimedia
    Image formats
    BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, WEBP

Audio & video formats

3GP, 3G2, AAC, AVI, ADTS, ASF, AWB, DIVX, FLAC, IMY, MID, MKV, MOV, MP3, MPEG-4, MXMF, OGG, OTA, RTTTL, RTX, WAV, WEBM, WMV, XMF

Audio & video
    encoding/decoding
    MPEG-4, AAC+, AAC-LC, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, DivX, EVRC, FLAC, H.263, H.264, H265/HEVC, MIDI, MP3, OPUS, PCM, QCELP, VC-1, VORBIS, VP8, VP9, WMA, WMA 9/10, WMA Pro, Xvid, eAAC+
    Streaming protocols
    HTTP(S) Progressive Download, HTTP(S) Live Streaming (HLS) version 3, RTSP (RTP, SDP)

Apps
    Pre-loaded apps

BlackBerry Applications:
    BlackBerry� Keyboard, BlackBerry� Hub, BlackBerry Calendar, Contacts by BlackBerry, Notes by BlackBerry, Tasks by BlackBerry, BlackBerry Camera, BBM�, DTEK� by BlackBerry�, BlackBerry Device Search, BlackBerry Launcher, BlackBerry Services, BlackBerry Help, BlackBerry Password Keeper, Microsoft exFAT Technology for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Content Transfer, Yahoo!� Finance

Android Applications:
    Gmail�, Hangouts�, Google Chrome�, Google Drive�, Google Maps�, YouTube�, Google Play�, Google Photos, Messenger (SMS), Android Device Manager

Alerts &
    Notifications
    Tone
    Vibrate
    On-screen or white LED indicator
    (Some notification options are user configurable)

Networks &
    Connectivity
    Network bands2

North America and Latin America:
    FD-LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 17, 20, 29, 30(2100/1900/1800/1700/850/2600/700/700/800/700/2300 MHz)
    HSPA+ 1, 2, 4, 5, 8 (2100/1900/1700/850/900 MHz)
    Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific:
    FD-LTE 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 20, 28A (2100/1900/1800/2600/900/800/700 MHz)
    TD-LTE 38, 40, 41 (2600/2300/2500 MHz)
    HSPA+ 1, 2, 5/6, 8 (2100/1900/850/900 MHz)
    Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

Wi-Fi�
    802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz
    802.11 a/n 5GHz
    802.11 ac 5GHz
    4G Mobile Hotspot
    Wi-Fi Direct

FM Radio

Supported
    Bluetooth�
    Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy (LE) and EDR

GPS
    Assisted, Autonomous and Simultaneous GPS
    Support for User Plane and Control Plane GPS
    GLONASS, BeiDou
    OTDOA
    Pre-loaded Google Maps

NFC
    NFC technology is used to create a connection to share information between your BlackBerry device and other NFC-enabled devices or NFC tags. Features on DTEK50 that use NFC technology include Android Beam, Tap and Pay, and Tap and Go.

Sensors
    Accelerometer
    Magnetometer
    Gyroscope
    Proximity
    Ambient light
    Hall Effect

Accessibility
    Google TalkBack screen reader for audible output
    Face-to-face video chat with Google Hangouts
    Google Now voice assistance to answer questions and perform actions
    Scalable fonts and magnification to zoom in or zoom out
    Closed Captioning support
    High contrast text, colour inversion and colour correction
    Certain models rated for use with hearing aids
    View ratings
    Learn about ratings for hearing aids
    And more
    BlackBerry accessibility solutions >
    Android accessibility features

Worlds Most Secure Android Smartphone!!!
    09-04-16 05:11 AM
    both priv and Dtek50 are most secure android devices !
    sir i would say go buy the bigger one , i mean biger screen so my father also wants now a bigger screen ..
    Last edited by Paraliotis3; 09-04-16 at 05:37 AM.
    09-04-16 05:21 AM
    My brother returned the Hot Note 7 and got a PRIV. He wanted a great device at home and family security. Bye. Samsung
    Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    Dis exactly people see , I also and my father always using a Blackberry for the exceptional security whether it is a android or a bb 10 device its secure, samsung does not give you updates and August was 2 updates .
    09-04-16 05:40 AM
    Exactly it was my same situation around 6 months back, I was die hard Blackberry user since last 10 yrs and was very satisfied with Z30 but looking ahead, no future of BB OS, I switched to Priv in Apr. It's good device but very bulky. greatest problem has been with Priv, heating issue of device because apps aren't optimised yet on android platform. For example, using camera for 10 min, device becomes so hot and battery consumption goes 10-15%, very disappointing. Blackberry has to work very hard to optimize apps for battery consumption and it's matter of time, how much time, they would take.
    09-04-16 06:37 AM
    Apparently there's an app for Android that works similarly. Airdroid or something like that. I may be way off on the name of the app but I know I read another thread that said it was possible

09-04-16 07:38 AM
    Apparently there's an app for Android that works similarly. Airdroid or something like that. I may be way off on the name of the app but I know I read another thread that said it was possible

AirDroid is the closest to Blend on Android. Not the same, but more fully featured overall.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...airdroid&hl=en
    09-04-16 08:15 AM
34 12