Well..

Am using 3 devices
    Note 5.. is home shared for gaming and multimedia in home
    Iphone 5s... cuz my company communication app.. and I like snapchat in weekends
    Passport... is my beloved phone which I use it for my personal daily use

So as am user for all 3 main OSs

I know what I miss in each device

- Main things I would love to get in priv (more apps, fingerprint & more apps, multitask like note series)
    + Things I would love to c it never ever change (HUB, dark theme, productivity, fast access to everything, network coverage, design, smart typing, security, ads free, app switch and close menu, user experience)

Simple enough right?

But y do i have the feeling that priv would be typical android more than blackberry!!!!

I read almost the threads here and the podcast too
    Yet have a feeling they wouldn't/couldn't turn android to bb10 interface or user experience

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 02:53 AM
    Well..

Am using 3 devices
    Note 5.. is home shared for gaming and multimedia in home
    Iphone 5s... cuz my company communication app.. and I like snapchat in weekends
    Passport... is my beloved phone which I use it for my personal daily use

So as am user for all 3 main OSs

I know what I miss in each device

- Main things I would love to get in priv (more apps, fingerprint & more apps, multitask like note series)
    + Things I would love to c it never ever change (HUB, dark theme, productivity, fast access to everything, network coverage, design, smart typing, security, ads free, app switch and close menu, user experience)

Simple enough right?

But y do i have the feeling that priv would be typical android more than blackberry!!!!

I read almost the threads here and the podcast too
    Yet have a feeling they wouldn't/couldn't turn android to bb10 interface or user experience

Posted via CB10
    The Hub/ Productivity Suite are aimed to bring that productive and efficient BlackBerry feeling to Android. I actually like the idea of not trying to slap an interface on Android, but developing around the OS itself with apps and widgets. There's a philosophy behind BBOS and BB10 and they're translating it to Android, as far as that's possible.

What communication app do you use on iPhone? If iMessage, then you're out of lock because that's limited to iDevices.

More apps and multitasking shouldn't be a problem as GPS is available and multitasking is a functionality of the OS itself. If you check out all the content there's already available on the priv, you'll see that Hub, productivity, fast access (edge) BB10 keyboard, security, app switch (Android native I think, active frames are also there, but a little different) are all there. We could see dark theme as the Priv has an Amoled screen and all BB10 Amoled devices have had a lot of dark themes by default to preserve battery.

I think you have to use the device yourself when it's out to see whether you get the same productive feel from it as you get on your BB10 device. I think it will be there, but in a different way.

Just my 2 cents.
    10-27-15 06:22 AM
    Honestly I was worried about loosing BB10 as far as navigating, but the more I see on the Priv is seems like we will still get a lot of BB10 style but in a android way.. almost like it was meant to be 10.4 or something.

Still can access hub with gesture, but different, active apps still are similar but different. I assume you don't have to use widgets if you don't want to. Most of the core apps are being ported along with some OS features like Picture password.

I'm just hoping they allow BBM Video on Android at least for 1 on 1. BBM meetings is not a solution to me unless your chatting with multiple people.

And I have yet to clearly see what they are going to do with Priv to solve the Peak gesture when you put thumb up to see what the notification was for..

Other than that they seem to be on a good start of covering most of the bb10 basics.. but different, even them adding some of their apps to Play Store was smart so they can bypass carriers stalling to push OS updates.. but without QNX is it secure enough..

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom*-*
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    10-27-15 07:28 AM