BlackBerry passport is still the best keyboard experience. Keyboard on priv is good but not good enough.
    10-22-16 09:54 PM
    BlackBerry passport is still the best keyboard experience. Keyboard on priv is good but not good enough.
    I agree. I am somewhat disappointed with the PKB compared to the Passport. I had a Bold 9900 and I feel the Passport really captured the feel of the Bold keyboard. The PRIV's VKP, however, is epic. I bought a Z10 the day they were released and fell in love with the BB10 VKB. I'm glad they were able to develop it for Android.
    10-23-16 12:10 PM
    I have ordered almost every Priv case. The leather flip case is in my opinion the least bulky of the cases I've purchased. I've enjoyed it.
    10-25-16 07:30 PM
    I don't think it is small. The problem is the keyboard chassis is thin. That is why it is harder to type with respect to bold or such. If the keyboard is at the same height as the screen it would be pretty nice actually.
    Bingo it is because it's thin. I've been trying to figure it out. Keys to small, spacing etc. This just blew my mind. Lol
    10-25-16 09:28 PM
    When i was considering to buy my priv, i was concerned as i was moving from classic which had bigger keypad.

In about a week's time - there is no problem at all using it and all my concerned just gone
    FF22 and newcollector like this.
    10-25-16 10:36 PM
    9900 was gorgeous too!
    Oh yeah 9900 was probably the best BlackBerry ever at least in the legacy OS series and it does beat ever BlackBerry 10 phone except the Classic and Passport. The 9900 also beats a lot of other smartphone we all know of too
    10-28-16 12:59 PM
    I was one of those people, but I am getting used to it now...for me it is the bottom screen edge and raised sides around he keyboard that make it feel cramped, but just takes time to adjust
    10-28-16 06:36 PM
    When i was considering to buy my priv, i was concerned as i was moving from classic which had bigger keypad.

In about a week's time - there is no problem at all using it and all my concerned just gone
    Same experience here. My last blackberry phone (I still use it as a secondary phone) has been a Q10, and I have to say that its keyboard is superior to the Priv's. The Priv pkb takes some getting used to due to its thin chassis compared to the thicker chassis of the Q10.

It took about just an hour for me to adjust to the Priv pkb, so all's good.. The bonus for me is that the Priv vkb is so good and faster to use that I use the vkb all the time these days and only choose the pkb when I'm cranking long emails when I need accuracy over speed.
    10-30-16 09:13 AM
    I came directly from the Black Passport to the Priv. In comparison, I hated the transition. I also had a hard time getting used to the Passport though. Took me a good 4-5 months before I was really comfortable with the Passport's keyboard. So Ill give a similar timeframe before I can fully make a judgement call.

However, the keys are softer and smaller than what I was used to.

Its nice to have the option to type on a physical keyboard though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    How is the transition going? I am looking at a switch as well and not sure if I will be happy.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 12:54 PM
    I have owned the Q10, Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Classic and Bold 9900. Also the Z10 too. I prefer the PKB vs the VKB. I find my self using the PKB more and more on the Priv and it is becoming more comfortable for me now. It is more comfortable than the Torch that I had for a short while. I hated the keyboard on that. But surprisingly I am loving the keyboard on the Priv. VKB is good for short replies.

Posted via my Priv
    Are you going to stick with the Priv or tough it out with you classic?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 01:00 PM
    Agree with that,

But I have grown to love my priv keyboard a lot and I can say it does rival the passport in some ways.
    10-30-16 01:20 PM
    The pkb is different, but it still is better than any non-BlackBerry keyboard out there (are there any?). Being a slider, you compromise depth, but like I said earlier, I knew what to expect from the 9800 and the 9810. However, the Priv keyboard is far superior to them.
    10-30-16 04:26 PM
    Jonathan I find the keys are a little small, and wish they were bigger, although I am increasingly getting used to them. I guess I would prefer a Priv +.
    11-02-16 12:58 PM
63 123