I don't want to commit to two years for something that potentially won't get the support during that whole time. I bought my Passport in January and BB10 app support was ceased (we didn't know it at the time) in the spring. I do not want to commit to something that is so ridiculously expensive when it to will be pulled in 12 months.

Make a statement now BlackBerry or I'm canceling my order this week.

We can get an iPhone 5S that's 32GB for less than the Passport now.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 04:52 AM
    Simple, cancel ur order then wait 6 months then you'll know how it goes
    11-02-15 05:13 AM
    I agree, just cancel and order a 5s. That's a giant leap forward.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 05:16 AM
    So what statement outside of the ones they already made would you like them to make. What has led you to believe that they will not support the priv? Afterall, it is a full fledged android phone and those don't seem to be going away anytime soon...

if you got the passport in jan thinking bb10 support would be strong 2 or 3 months later then you are definitely late to the party since developers for that have been dropping like flies for the past 2 yrs...

I understand your concern though but there is no surefire way of knowing how well this phone will do. You can just get an idea simply by the lack of advertising for it. No announced u.s. carriers...yet. And the high price tag for less than stellar features certainly doesn't help...

If you want to play it safe then wait a few months after it's released or get on one of those carrier lease programs like tmobile's jump on demand that will let you trade the phone for a different one up to 6 times a year...that's what i plan to do.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE and Joao Oliveira like this.
    11-02-15 05:16 AM
    I don't want to commit to two years for something that potentially won't get the support during that whole time. I bought my Passport in January and BB10 app support was ceased (we didn't know it at the time) in the spring. I do not want to commit to something that is so ridiculously expensive when it to will be pulled in 12 months.

Posted via CB10
    I think the great part about this arrangement is that BlackBerry does not have control of the software. I love BB10. However, they have begun the process of slowly dismantling their support for it and that means that we won't be seeing many, if any, new apps for the platform. Updates will cease soon and Passports will be left still in time. With Android, we find a much less bleak future. Since we are on Lollipop, we won't find that apps are going to stop supporting our devices for at least another 2 years. Hell, most apps still support Jelly Bean in its earnest incarnation. With these apps, comes the option to be constantly updating the look, feel, and functionality of the device. Security is still heads above the pack. Also, even if the hardware business is dropped, the apps in the Play Store will likely continue to be updated because they will likely be opening them up to other devices. So, you'll likely be covered on the core features.

All that being said, I'd also like to say that you could probably find a better phone than the 5S for cheaper. So, really think before you cancel your order.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 05:33 AM
    You never get a support from Samsung longer than one year. Because they want you to always buy their new terrible phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 05:48 AM
    You never get a support from Samsung longer than one year. Because they want you to always buy their new terrible phones.

Posted via CB10
    LG has a decent track record. Motorola has their moments. HTC seems to decide on support at the last second. Regardless, my point isn't OEM support. It's the ability to access a number off apps that can fix certain issues and add features.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 05:53 AM
    What statement do yo want them to make. "We will support the Priv until the end of time?" No one is forcing you to buy it. If you are seriously scared of making a $700 purchase then maybe its not the right time for you to buy this phone.
    11-02-15 06:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Cancel then. BlackBerry is going nowhere and even if the stopped making hand sets they would continue to support them for years. They are not in debt and have a lot of money in the bank. I am sure if Priv goes well Google, or Apple will have their eye on them to acquire.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-02-15 06:24 AM
    Well John Cena already said that the Priv would get marshmallow. Hopefully it does.

I guess it's always a bit of a gamble. You got bugger companies like Motorola and Samsung that have dropped update support for some of their devices so you can never be too sure.

I know apple is the best when it comes to pushing out updates for older devices.

Hopefully the Priv sells well enough that it's a success and they continue to update it regularly.
    11-02-15 06:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    True. So true

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    11-02-15 06:27 AM