Hello there,
    I have a BB Priv which was working just fine up until early this year when I noticed trouble started happening, maybe due to Android update I don't know, but thing is, the device is not as good as it used to be. What's happening? In a nutshell: It heats up very quickly with the use of what I believe are processor/graphics intensive apps, mainly games, but not limited to that. Maybe a consequence of the latter or other reasons, the battery is losing power more rapidly, I almost have to keep it charging constantly. I know, for this, there may be other reasons too, I know, the battery is as old as the device which I bought in Jan 2016.

Anyway, so, I already reinstalled the original OS when these symptoms started, but I had to set up everything again ,which is a bit of a pain which I don't want to go through now.
    So, is there a way to restore the OS without wiping out my apps, settings and stored data? I browsed a little about this but perhaps Priv as well as the rest of BB family are now ancient history and no one does much troubleshooting on this devices anymore. But, I thought I had to ask before my last resort which would be to get a new phone, which I would have done already if it wasn't that I can't afford one now. I mean, a phone of the caliber of what the Priv was when released.
    Thanks to anyway who takes the time to respond.
    Regards,
    Moris
    09-10-18 12:09 AM
    Most of what you describe... is what has been an issue for PRIV users from the beginning.

If you are using Google Backup... a Factory Restore shouldn't be too painful. Might be a few apps and games that have their own backup solutions.
    09-10-18 11:10 AM