Looking for some help:

Is there a way to lock my BB Priv manually and avoid having it locking automatically? There are times when I am away from my phone and I would like to lock it during those times. However having it lock after 30 minutes is a pain, even with 'trusted places' activated its far to often for me.

Just want it to unlock with a password and lock again only when asked to do so by me.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    05-30-16 04:17 PM
    Sure. Go to settings and set it to lock by pressing the power button
    05-30-16 04:19 PM
    Sure. Go to settings and set it to lock by pressing the power button
    Yes, I do understand that however this in no way prevents the device from automatically locking. The longest it will keep unlocked is 30 minutes (its maximum setting), longer in locations set as 'trusted places' but even in 'trusted places' it eventually locks automatically.

Looking for a way to "only" manual lock it.

Thanks
    05-30-16 04:26 PM
    But if you lose your device or have it stolen while you're not paying attention, then the thief will have complete access.
    05-30-16 04:44 PM
    Yes, I do understand that. However there is not much for he/she to gain unless he/she is interested in conversations with family, friends or perhaps my surfing habits. Really nothing kept there that I'd care if others saw

I do have passwords in there but they are under their own password lock.
    05-30-16 04:49 PM
    Yes, I do understand that. However there is not much for he/she to gain unless he/she is interested in conversations with family, friends or perhaps my surfing habits. Really nothing kept there that I'd care if others saw

I see.

Back to your question, 30 minutes is maximum and there is no manual mode like you describe.

Maybe a picture password would be faster for you.
    05-30-16 05:11 PM
    I see.

Back to your question, 30 minutes is maximum and there is no manual mode like you describe.

Maybe a picture password would be faster for you.
    Okay thanks, I was hoping somebody had found an app that would override the 30 minutes.

Will try the picture idea, thanks
    05-30-16 05:17 PM
    While this does not solve your problem of the auto-lock, you can also create a Shortcut Icon that will lock the screen. Press the App Drawer Icon (the White Dot with six black dots). Hit Shortcuts at the top, Scroll down to Device and drag the Lock Screen icon to one of your home pages.
    Ecm and mithrazor like this.
    05-30-16 05:36 PM
    Pair it to a Bluetooth device like a smartwatch or nfc tag and set that as a trusted association.

If you're within range of that thing it will not lock.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    05-30-16 07:16 PM
    Okay, thanks. No idea what an NFC tag is but will read up on them.

The picture unlock feature suggested earlier seems to speed up the unlock procedure.
    05-30-16 07:26 PM

Can't you just turn off the password completely then?

05-30-16 07:30 PM
    While this does not solve your problem of the auto-lock, you can also create a Shortcut Icon that will lock the screen. Press the App Drawer Icon (the White Dot with six black dots). Hit Shortcuts at the top, Scroll down to Device and drag the Lock Screen icon to one of your home pages.
    This is the method I use. The Priv comes with shortcuts. Just open the app drawer and look for "Lock screen" shortcut and add it to your home screen.

It does the job pretty well actually.

05-30-16 08:10 PM
    A long press on the pkb K key locks the Priv manually as well ... if you have the keyboard set up for long-press shortcuts.

FF22 likes this.
    05-30-16 11:01 PM
    Pair it to a Bluetooth device like a smartwatch or nfc tag and set that as a trusted association.

If you're within range of that thing it will not lock.

I use that method when I'm at home. It is linked to my cordless phone via BT and so the phone stays unlocked (except when I first take it off the charger).
    05-30-16 11:40 PM
    Looking for some help:

Is there a way to lock my BB Priv manually and avoid having it locking automatically? There are times when I am away from my phone and I would like to lock it during those times. However having it lock after 30 minutes is a pain, even with 'trusted places' activated its far to often for me.

Just want it to unlock with a password and lock again only when asked to do so by me.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    You can assign a key from PKB to look the phone, I currently have assigned WiFi to be turned on/off and lock the phone, however this still won't fix your 30 minutes problem, even if you remove the lock type and you add swipe, the device screen will still go to sleep after 30 minutes (option in display settings).
    I can't see how you can overwrite this option...
    05-31-16 01:41 AM
    Can't you just turn off the password completely then?

Sorry missed your reply earlier. Yes I can turn it off completely but wanted the lock feature to work sometimes, like when my Grandchildren are around
    05-31-16 03:42 PM
    Hey conite, thanks for the picture password tip, that system is way faster!

Much Appreciated,
    05-31-16 03:44 PM
    Hey conite, thanks for the picture password tip, that system is way faster!

Much Appreciated,
    Good stuff. I use it too.
    05-31-16 03:48 PM

Perhaps you overlooked a few possibilities. Using your priv the thief can identify you bank, then reset your password and clean out your bank accounts. Then they reset you e-bay password, selling non-existent goods you end up getting a visit from law enforcement about. Then they reset your Amazon password and shop away. These are just 3 examples. There is quite a bit of damage a thief can do with your phone.
    06-03-16 12:42 PM
    I set my Priv's quick shortcuts to work exactly like my Classic. Configured the K key to lock.
    06-03-16 12:44 PM
    just wanted to throw this out there, it's not only reading your information that you should be worried about, they can also use this information. some person can call/text your family or friends to meet them somewhere, and they will go thinking that it's you to a possibly dangerous place or situation. they can ask for money from your relatives, friends, etc. Even if you let people know that you lost your phone, it's likely that you cant or wouldn't tell everyone on your contact list. you may have others' addresses or other information on your phone, pictures, etc. it's not only you that may be affected if someone had access to your phone.

is it worth it to save 2 seconds??
    06-03-16 01:05 PM
    I use picture password to unlock myh phone and I have the lock shortcut on the screen. It's fast and it saves my power button from getting pushed and worn out as easily

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    FF22 likes this.
    06-03-16 01:08 PM
    I use nova launcher and use its programmable gestures to setup a manual lockscreen. In my case, I use the double screen tap to invoke a screen lock. So I have two choices always available.

1. Click power button to sleep screen.
    2. Double tap screen to lockscreen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    Norg likes this.
    06-03-16 06:56 PM
    Looking for some help:

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    There is no way to do it via the stock software. However , a 256 KB app called screen off is available on the app store. Try that out.

Posted via the BlackBerry PRIV!
    07-08-16 09:28 PM