Just got the Priv, after 2 years with the Passport. I got used to the swipe-down soft keyboards on the Passport, the first for the alt key menu, and the second for the sym key menu. The same soft kb's exist on the Priv as well, but the sym key kb shows up first, and the second swipe brings up the alt key kb. Is there a way to change their order?
    11-20-16 09:47 AM
    I don't believe so.
    11-20-16 09:58 AM
    No, but on the advanced settings of the keyboard both PKB and vkb you can customize what symbols you would like to see first.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-20-16 10:24 AM
    Just got the Priv, after 2 years with the Passport. I got used to the swipe-down soft keyboards on the Passport, the first for the alt key menu, and the second for the sym key menu. The same soft kb's exist on the Priv as well, but the sym key kb shows up first, and the second swipe brings up the alt key kb. Is there a way to change their order?
    Yes.
    Settings>>language and input >>BlackBerry keyboard settings >>Advanced >>Symbol layout customization>>Use a customized layout for symbol keys>>custom layout first

Note: the last two steps can be done for either the virtual or physical keyboard independently.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-20-16 12:06 PM
    Yes.
    Settings>>language and input >>BlackBerry keyboard settings >>Advanced >>Symbol layout customization>>Use a customized layout for symbol keys>>custom layout first

Note: the last two steps can be done for either the virtual or physical keyboard independently.
    Thanks!It worked, but soft kb punctuation marks don't backspace to the swipe-selected word like they do on the stock kb. Do I now have to create custom substitution entries?
    11-21-16 10:00 AM