I was in a avery atypical phone store today. Lined up in a row were four working BlackBerry phones. The Leap, Passport, Classic and the Priv.

I could see the value in the Leap, Passport and Classic but I just could not warm up to the PRIV. This has nothing to do with the OS.

I found that I am just not "Bi-type-ual" . I can't swing both ways if you get my drift. When I used a PKB , I thought it was great and now that I use a VKB , I can type just as well as I ever did. What I can not do it seems is to type well in both modes one device - switching back and forth.

The Torch was basically a PKB with a slide up Keyboard (vestigial VKB) whereas the PRIV uses both. Sorry, I just want an All touch or Vienna. I wanted to love the PRIV but found it too exotic for me.
    mister2d likes this.
    11-17-15 09:12 PM
    I was in a avery atypical phone store today. Lined up in a row were four working BlackBerry phones. The Leap, Passport, Classic and the Priv.

I could see the value in the Leap, Passport and Classic but I just could not warm up to the PRIV. This has nothing to do with the OS.

I found that I am just not "Bi-type-ual" . I can't swing both ways if you get my drift. When I used a PKB , I thought it was great and now that I use a VKB , I can type just as well as I ever did. What I can not do it seems is to type well in both modes one device - switching back and forth.

The Torch was basically a PKB with a slide up Keyboard (vestigial VKB) whereas the PRIV uses both. Sorry, I just want an All touch or Vienna. I wanted to love the PRIV but found it too exotic for me.
    Yes the Priv is a compromise that does not seem to excel at being as great a PKB device as say the Passport, and not as great a full touch device as pretty much any top Android phone. Kind of an oddball. My opinions only, of course.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-18-15 01:02 AM
    That makes sense. I notice that for short typing (e.g. searching for an app, quick text replies) I use the vkb, whereas for longer typing/chatting I use the pkb, mainly for comfort (not really for speed anymore, to my surprise). While I actually like this switching around due to the way it feels and makes me feel, it's definitely faster and more convenient to have only a fixed (non-sliding) pkb or only a vkb, you don't need two separate sets of 'muscle memory' for the keys either. The PRIV may eventually turn out to be the last slider I ever own for this exact reason, but I'm going to enjoy every minute of it :P Well, except for the minutes that I'm waiting for the camera shutter :/
    11-18-15 01:30 AM
    except for the minutes that I'm waiting for the camera shutter :/
    I watched this. The camera seems faster than some folks are saying. She even does the HDR mode and it seems ok. Maybe a later software update?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=IE7HwelN740

11-18-15 02:04 AM
    I watched this. The camera seems faster than some folks are saying. She even does the HDR mode and it seems ok. Maybe a later software update?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=IE7HwelN740

She's comparing it to the Passport which I have no experience with, but performance in her video does seem better than the performance I get, most likely due to better lighting conditions. But I know the camera team is working on it so I guess an update will eventually improve the situation for me as well.
    southlander likes this.
    11-18-15 02:12 AM
80 ... 234