I seem to see (at least on these forums) a lot of Quality Control (QC) issues. Is this normal for Blackberry? Back in the days I had two 9700's that both died about six months in when the keyboards stopped working. Both were in otterbox cases, and babied, but the keyboards just stopped working. This led me away from Blackberry products to HTC (which I love), so I am wondering if BB has more than normal QC issues with their phones? The QC (and cost) are stopping my purchase of the Priv at this point, till I do more research. Love the look and feel of the phone, but once burned (or in my case twice), twice shy. I loved the 9700's, but if I only get six months out of a BB phone before it dies, I'll stick with my HTC phones.
    11-29-15 07:13 PM
    I guess one needs to put it under a microscope in store to ensure build quality before taking it home?
    11-29-15 07:19 PM
    Lol that's why there is warranty for your purchase ... Ps mines is solid rock no issue here.
    11-29-15 07:21 PM
    No company manufactures products without some quality control issues but the percentage is very small. BlackBerry has produced solid devices my favourites 9900, Z30 and Passport Priv so far so good still a bit early to give it thumbs up.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Bay 13 and murphcid like this.
    11-29-15 07:27 PM
    Again, I am still researching the big purchase, so I see things in these forums like the USB port coming lose, the squeaky back, etc and just wonder. If I am going to drop $750 on a phone (or anything else for that matter) I ask questions, do research, and make darn sure I have the facts before I jump. Thanks for the response. Also a thought just struck me, could it be that BB was unprepared for the demand for the PRIV and was pushing to get them out the door too fast?

No company manufactures products without some quality control issues but the percentage is very small. BlackBerry has produced solid devices my favourites 9900, Z30 and Passport Priv so far so good still a bit early to give it thumbs up.

Last edited by murphcid; 11-29-15 at 07:47 PM.
    11-29-15 07:31 PM
    My build quality is fine but I have been having some software issues. For example my device sometimes runs hot, the battery sometimes dies quickly and I have had connectivity issues. What has really impressed me is the support that BlackBerry has provided to resolve these issues!
    Last edited by pkcable; 11-30-15 at 08:59 AM.
    zocster likes this.
    11-29-15 07:46 PM
    I have a relatively good phone. The back is creaking but it doesn't bother me. The bigger issue is the numerous software bugs. If you're concerned about the purchase then you should wait and see how responsive BlackBerry is to fixing them.
    11-29-15 09:58 PM
    I have a relatively good phone. The back is creaking but it doesn't bother me. The bigger issue is the numerous software bugs. If you're concerned about the purchase then you should wait and see how responsive BlackBerry is to fixing them.
    Can you list your software bugs?

andy957 likes this.
    11-29-15 10:03 PM
    Can you list your software bugs?

sms crashes messages and google play services
    mms usually don't download
    Battery life is way too low for what 3400 mah should provide
    Hub has many bugs. I don't feel like listing them all. And it is very laggy to boot.

Those are just the ones I hit on a daily basis. I've forgotten a few rarer bugs. Just look at the threads on this board if you want to see more.
    11-29-15 10:24 PM
    I think the BIGGEST quality issue with the Priv is someone loaded it with Android, someone screwed up BIG time.
    Wezard and zombie73 like this.
    11-29-15 10:29 PM
    I have no issue.. Many Users post here if he face an issue.. If everythink goes normally, he just quit..

Posted via CB10
    meltbox360 and Jonneh like this.
    11-29-15 10:39 PM
    I seem to see (at least on these forums) a lot of Quality Control (QC) issues. Is this normal for Blackberry?
    Sure seems normal doesn't it?

Double typing issues on so many Q10's (mine being one of them) random rebooting on Z10/Z30(my friends would restart as soon as you'd set it down on a hard surface), the list goes on.

Blackberry didn't even make that many phones, and they still managed to derp this launch.

Would be nice if they got ISO9001 certified, but that'd make too much sense. My girlfriend wanted to buy a Q10 last year and when she went to the Bell store the rep said they stopped carrying it because too many came back defective, which doesn't surprise me. My store didn't carry it for very long either, and I've replaced a few for customers.
    techvisor and murphcid like this.
    11-30-15 12:32 AM
    I think the BIGGEST quality issue with the Priv is someone loaded it with Android, someone screwed up BIG time.
    I wouldn't have bought it if it ran BlackBerry 10. As great as the os is at multitasking and being productive. Not having full working Apps was a pain in the arse. If they released the priv running BlackBerry 10 it would have failed for sure.

But that's my opinion and people shouldn't slam me because of it.
    Esi_T, Wezard and Jonneh like this.
    11-30-15 06:38 AM
    Over on Android Central, one poster told me that he has already replaced his Priv twice since it came out! That is ridiculous.
    ahmedhanif911 and techvisor like this.
    11-30-15 06:40 AM
    My launch model had a bit of issue with the back being soft and creaking on the seems. But i exchanged it got one made November 15th and it seems way better.. Don't think I'll have issues with this one

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    11-30-15 06:41 AM
    sms crashes messages and google play services
    mms usually don't download
    Battery life is way too low for what 3400 mah should provide
    Hub has many bugs. I don't feel like listing them all. And it is very laggy to boot.

Those are just the ones I hit on a daily basis. I've forgotten a few rarer bugs. Just look at the threads on this board if you want to see more.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one with these issues.

I've gone from using the hub, deleting it, using it again, deleting it and finally back to using it. But it's still buggy. The sync system for yahoo just sucks. It's set to 15 minutes and ill go an hour before I get a notification for an email. When it was sent 55 minutes ago.

11-30-15 08:44 AM
    Sure seems normal doesn't it?

Double typing issues on so many Q10's (mine being one of them) random rebooting on Z10/Z30(my friends would restart as soon as you'd set it down on a hard surface), the list goes on.

Blackberry didn't even make that many phones, and they still managed to derp this launch.

Would be nice if they got ISO9001 certified, but that'd make too much sense. My girlfriend wanted to buy a Q10 last year and when she went to the Bell store the rep said they stopped carrying it because too many came back defective, which doesn't surprise me. My store didn't carry it for very long either, and I've replaced a few for customers.

Did you know my iPhone sometimes spontaneously reboots also? It has some flaws too, there are issues with the placement of the headphone jack (yea yea I hate it in my Priv too), and with some headsets starting siri, or causing other funkiness when plugged in. No phone or maker is totally immune to issues. And so far BlackBerry has been great at responding to my issues (software related). Please note Apple support has been great to me also.
    raino likes this.
    11-30-15 09:03 AM
    Over on Android Central, one poster told me that he has already replaced his Priv twice since it came out! That is ridiculous.

Sounds like maybe the Priv is not for you!
    andy957 likes this.
    11-30-15 09:05 AM
    I've had mine for about two weeks now. It has actually gotten worse over time in terms of battery life and overheating. Over Thanksgiving, it was actually getting uncomfortably hot (not warm, like it was) while just browsing the internet. I haven't tried the factory reset yet.

I'm going to exchange it for a new one when Amazon is back in stock again. Have any of you guys had these overheating/battery issues, exchanged for a new one, and experienced significant improvement?
    11-30-15 09:31 AM
    Did you know my iPhone sometimes spontaneously reboots also? It has some flaws too, there are issues with the placement of the headphone jack (yea yea I hate it in my Priv too), and with some headsets starting siri, or causing other funkiness when plugged in. No phone or maker is totally immune to issues. And so far BlackBerry has been great at responding to my issues (software related). Please note Apple support has been great to me also.
    Fair enough but Apples QC is far superior to Blackberry's - look at the volume they sold. At my store for opening weekend we had about ~220 iPhone 6S's for all models, I think we had a couple returned say 5 to be on the high side.

We got ONE Priv in, and the back of it clicks lol.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-30-15 01:28 PM
    Fair enough but Apples QC is far superior to Blackberry's - look at the volume they sold. At my store for opening weekend we had about ~220 iPhone 6S's for all models, I think we had a couple returned say 5 to be on the high side.

We got ONE Priv in, and the back of it clicks lol.

Well you can look at that and say that BlackBerry has a 100% return rate that's atrocious, but honestly would that really be fair? Now granted, I think it's odd, or bad marketing, etc for there to be only 1 device. Either your store did not order enough or BB did not send enough or a combination thereof. I DO suspect that BlackBerry has been either holding back to create a perception of selling out OR maybe they just can't keep up with demand because they were very conservative with production based on previous issues.
    11-30-15 01:59 PM
    Probably no QAQC as its just a low volume production in small batches, on-demand production requests..hence the delivery delays due to no stock on launch. All production based on demand.

Passport SE
    11-30-15 02:14 PM
    Again, I am still researching the big purchase, so I see things in these forums like the USB port coming lose, the squeaky back, etc and just wonder. If I am going to drop $750 on a phone (or anything else for that matter) I ask questions, do research, and make darn sure I have the facts before I jump. Thanks for the response. Also a thought just struck me, could it be that BB was unprepared for the demand for the PRIV and was pushing to get them out the door too fast?
    It's possible that were skipping or quickly spending time on Quality Control.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    11-30-15 02:42 PM
    I'm having the green selfie cam issues. Headed to at&t this afternoon.

11-30-15 03:25 PM
    No issues with mine.

BlackBerry PRIV
    11-30-15 04:26 PM
48 12