It finally got the Korean input language with today's support, but it still takes more steps to change input language than other keyboards such as SwiftKey.

Because multi language detection doesn't support Korean language + there is no on screen keyboard change button (or key combination to do so with pkb) in vkb, I need to click on keyboard toggle button on navigation bar and then choose blackberry keyboard with Korean.. Of course, I need to do the same step in reverse to change back to English..

Is there any faster or easier way to toggle languages within blackberry keyboard without changing the whole keyboard? I think blackberry still need to have a dedicated key for toggling input language even with an auto language detection feature on to be more productive than now though ...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by destiny.seeker; 05-27-16 at 06:35 AM.
    05-26-16 11:24 PM
    There is a dedicated button on all new BlackBerry OS10s, you just have to enable it, if you go to settings => language and input => input languages. You need to make sure your quick switch button is on and from here you can also choose your languages you'd like.
    05-27-16 12:42 AM
    There is a dedicated button on all new BlackBerry OS10s, you just have to enable it, if you go to settings => language and input => input languages. You need to make sure your quick switch button is on and from here you can also choose your languages you'd like.
    Can you show where I can enable the dedicated input change button with screenshot? I can't find that option in setting any where, and of course, I am talking about the priv android keyboard (not BlackBerry 10 keyboard).

Like I said, it does not even auto detect Korean language because I can not choose korean in multi language setting.

It does not auto detect (or not change) language between korean and English + there is no dedicated key for that function. This is the problem that I have.

05-27-16 06:34 AM
    Keyboard was just updated to support Korean-Hangul, as per Play Store.
    05-27-16 07:42 AM
    Keyboard was just updated to support Korean-Hangul, as per Play Store.
    Yes. Now blackberry keyboard support Korean language with the most recent update. However, I still have to choose between blackberry korean keyboard and blackberry English keyboard by switching input method rather than simply toggling languages within the keyboard.

I wanted to know if there is any shortly (or dedicated key like BB10 keyboard in passport) in vkb or key combination (alt + spacebar, or alt+enter... again just like in BB10) to simply change the language not the whole keyboard.

05-27-16 08:18 AM
    I don't know if your particular language selection is different, but take a look at this thread that helped me a lot...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1072404

05-27-16 01:33 PM
    I don't know if your particular language selection is different, but take a look at this thread that helped me a lot...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1072404

Thanks for your help. But it is different since I can not choose korean as second language in muti language keyboard setting.

Like you see beLOW, the best I can do is toggling input keyboard by pressing the keyboard icon at navigation bar...

and I also did my own research.... and It seems like that it is not possible to manually change input languages with one click like other keyboards.

I know auto detection of language being typed sounds so good. But we still need to be able to toggle input language manually with easy one click for better accuracy.

Attached Thumbnails Is there faster way to switch input language?-66777.jpg  
    05-27-16 02:15 PM
    Other screen shots....

There is no korean language that can be chosen as supporting language..

Attached Thumbnails Is there faster way to switch input language?-66779.jpg  
    05-27-16 02:19 PM
    Another one...

How can I upload several screenshots in one post ?

Attached Thumbnails Is there faster way to switch input language?-66778.jpg  
    05-27-16 02:20 PM
    Another one...

How can I upload several screenshots in one post ?

You have to hit the attachment button, then the image again, attach again.
    05-27-16 02:33 PM
    Mmm.. What a predicament... have you searched at the official BlackBerry support forum? I'm sure you're not alone in your issue...

05-27-16 03:07 PM
    I know what you mean, arabic language doesn't support multi-language too, because it's different letters, less practical to change input languages, google keyboard can change input languages with change button easier. Bb need to add this option
    05-27-16 03:38 PM
    I know what you mean, arabic language doesn't support multi-language too, because it's different letters, less practical to change input languages, google keyboard can change input languages with change button easier. Bb need to add this option
    Oh ok. So it is known issue + there is no work around since bb didn't implement this feature..

Thanks for the answer, but I feel bad too

05-27-16 04:51 PM
    Same thing here with Hebrew. Ridiculous not to have keys shortcuts for that.

I have the device for like 6 months now, I found here a tutorial how to set Auto Tasker to change keyboards automatically while opening / closing the pkb. So when pkb is closed, SwiftKey is being used, when pkb is open it's swiches automatically to bb keyboard.

It's not a solution for our problem. But it makes things a bit easier. Try to search for it, check it up.

05-28-16 12:14 AM
    I had same issue with Korean keyboard. i found out by using Google Korean keyboard you can toggle between two languages with shift + space. However, keyboard setting in Google keyboard does not let you use keyboard short cuts and also predictive words does not show up when you are using physical keyboard. I do miss swipe action on Blackberry keyboard. So some compromised solution I guess.

07-28-16 10:01 PM
    I don't think there is a work around for this. I kinda gave up and started to use google keyboard instead of blackberry keyboard. Hopefully, they will come up with a solution. For now, I am going to use different phone.
    08-12-16 08:18 PM
    Oh, the new blackberry keyboard now support quick language change by swiping space bar on virtual keyboard from left to right. and alt+ enter in physical keyboard...( different from alt+space on bb10, don't know why..)

However you need to disable slide to type function to use swiping space bar trick. And it sometimes doesn't recognize swipe at once.
    However alt+enter always work at once. Now i hardly use virtual keyboard for this reason above.

Blackberry should make the swipe space bar trick work on any setup + make it Work all the time.

So it's still not perfect, but at least it is doable what i want to do.. !

FF22 likes this.
    08-12-16 08:40 PM
    Oh, the new blackberry keyboard now support quick language change by swiping space bar on virtual keyboard from left to right. and alt+ enter in physical keyboard...( different from alt+space on bb10, don't know why..)

However you need to disable slide to type function to use swiping space bar trick. And it sometimes doesn't recognize swipe at once.
    However alt+enter always work at once. Now i hardly use virtual keyboard for this reason above.

Blackberry should make the swipe space bar trick work on any setup + make it Work all the time.

So it's still not perfect, but at least it is doable what i want to do.. !

Or you can long press space bar and select the desired keyboard

08-12-16 11:25 PM
    Or you can long press space bar and select the desired keyboard

That is two step process like switching keyboard.

08-13-16 06:31 AM
    Push Alt + enter keys on the PKB and you can switch language at once !

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    08-14-16 05:58 AM
    All possible fast switch methods in one help page: http://help.blackberry.com/en/keyboa...046357414.html
    08-14-16 08:14 AM
    Can't you just press the Spacebar for a couple of seconds and you can switch the input language??

Posted via handy dandy PRIV
    08-14-16 04:31 PM
    Can't you just press the Spacebar for a couple of seconds and you can switch the input language??

Posted via handy dandy PRIV
    Now the problem is kinda solved with the most current blackberry keyboard update.

The reason i say 'kinda' is because there are several things i need to give up to use that function such as 'slide to type'. But now there is at least a way to switch the language with one click(or one slide)

If you are in the situation like me that you have to constantly switch between two or three languages while typing, those two steps switch methods with even long press is a lot of hassles. All other android keyboards that i have used support one step language switch function since it it very critical for the people who speak or use more than two languages simultaneously ... and not to mention that even bb10 devices had this function. Priv keyboard is the only one missing this feature that i know of for past 14 years ever since my be loved bb curve and pearl.

I don't think you understand the point of this thread which discuss about what feature is very needed in the keyboard for multilingual people at least..

08-14-16 07:05 PM
    Well ALT+ENTER at least switches with one step between the last 2 used languages and if you can setup at least 2 languages as multi correct you could have a 1-step switch between "korean" ALT+ENTER "english/french" .
    Don't know if that fits your need?
    08-15-16 03:53 AM
    Well ALT+ENTER at least switches with one step between the last 2 used languages and if you can setup at least 2 languages as multi correct you could have a 1-step switch between "korean" ALT+ENTER "english/french" .
    Don't know if that fits your need?
    This whole discussion makes me realize how lucky I am to only speak, read and write English! Actually, I'm appalled at my lack of being able to deal in a second language and I get angry at how poor my public education was in this respect but that's many years ago and I seem to lack the "ear" to learn one now.
    08-15-16 08:58 AM
36 12