My phone works fine (I think) but I cannot receive text messages from any iPhone using my discount CDMA carrier. I have checked with at least 10 companies and none claim a BlackBerry will operate on their network. I do not want another Verizon account. Any help would be appreciated.
    04-18-17 12:19 AM
    Assuming you have the correct PRIV STV100-2 for Verizon.

so you want to try a different company that uses the Verizon network otherwise known as a MVNO? Total Wireless which you can get sims/cards at Walmart is a Verizon MVNO. The issues I have with Verizon MVNO is that they are all restricted by Verizon on data speeds, typically you can only get around 5 Mbps. That aside, Total Wireless has some good plans like the 5GB, unlimited talk/text for $35.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-18-17 01:55 AM
    OP generally when you tell a rep that you have a BlackBerry they automatically assume it's a legacy BIS phone, which is why they tell you it won't work. A Priv will work just as well as any Android phone, as long as it supports the correct bands and is compatible for that network (GSM or CDMA).

"'Security by obscurity' means 'commercial failure.'" - Confucius
    FF22 likes this.
    04-18-17 05:45 AM
    Sprint and Verizon are the only CDMA carriers in the US. No matter who you write the check to, you'll be on one of their networks.

But CDMA and Verizon aren't whats going on with not receiving texts from iPhones. Theres another problem there.
    04-18-17 06:00 AM
    I would guess it has something to do with imessage and if you were on a iPhone before, you probably didn't turn it off from Apples end
    Wezard and bluesqueen23 like this.
    04-18-17 06:49 AM
    Sprint and Verizon are the only CDMA carriers in the US. No matter who you write the check to, you'll be on one of their networks.

But CDMA and Verizon aren't whats going on with not receiving texts from iPhones. Theres another problem there.
    US Cellular also. Pretty big regional.
    04-18-17 09:44 PM
    OP, log off from iMessage and you'll start receiving messages from your iphone contacts again. Nothing to do with your carrier
    Wezard likes this.
    04-18-17 09:52 PM
    US Cellular also. Pretty big regional.
    Forgot about them, they do operate their own network in parts of the US, and have agreements with other carriers, to provide national coverage.
    Depending on where you are, you may still be on Sprint's or Verizons's network.
    Good pricing, from what I hear.
    04-19-17 06:13 AM