I remember my Passport has this feature. Does the Priv have it?
    01-05-17 04:27 AM
    If you're looking for remote erasing and locating there is Android device monitor
    01-05-17 04:35 AM
    If you're looking for remote erasing and locating there is Android device monitor
    Yeah I have that..but with blackberry protect even if someone took your phone they still cannot use it after reset. They will have to deactivate it with your blackberry id and password...so there is no use of stealing a bb10 device with blackberry protect enabled.
    01-05-17 06:32 AM
    Yeah I have that..but with blackberry protect even if someone took your phone they still cannot use it after reset. They will have to deactivate it with your blackberry id and password...so there is no use of stealing a bb10 device with blackberry protect enabled.
    That's Factory Reset Protection, also part of Android Device Manager. It uses a Google account for that purpose. It will ask for the last Google account used for the device after a reset.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037610
    01-05-17 07:09 AM
    If I recall you need to give Google access to your location at all times???? (I'm still debating the size of my tinfoil hat!!! )
    01-05-17 09:31 AM
    If I recall you need to give Google access to your location at all times???? (I'm still debating the size of my tinfoil hat!!! )
    I was wearing the same brand of tinfoil hat as you. When my daughter lost her phone recently I took the tinfoil hat off, sucked it up and installed the app. It is more important to me that I find or erase my phone than Google having access to my location. My account however is not used for email so I suppose there's a little less info about me for them to have.
    FF22 and newcollector like this.
    01-05-17 10:09 AM
    That's Factory Reset Protection, also part of Android Device Manager. It uses a Google account for that purpose. It will ask for the last Google account used for the device after a reset.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037610
    Thank you very much!!
    01-06-17 03:12 PM
    You could roast a 25 lb turkey in that tin foil hat.
    FF22 and Sigewif like this.
    01-07-17 05:14 AM
    The Android Device Manager offers about the same features as BlackBerry Protect. That's the one that works for the Priv, and other Android powered devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 10:24 AM
    Hahah! Yeah, all my have been denied their permission for my location. Don't like the idea of them tracking me. The only one which is permission is Pokémon Go. But that's only turned on when I'm playing
    (otherwise it's kind of useless) haha

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    FF22 likes this.
    01-07-17 11:08 PM