I ask because I really like this phone but I'm having a hard time convincing myself to go android,so is there any chance BlackBerry releasing a bb10 version of this phone in the near future ?or if we will able to flash this phone with a future bb10 version?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 08:17 AM
    I ask because I really like this phone but I'm having a hard time convincing myself to go android,so is there any chance BlackBerry releasing a bb10 version of this phone in the near future ?or if we will able to flash this phone with a future bb10 version?

Posted via CB10
    As much as many people here would like to, it is highly unlikely to ever happen for either scenario.
    10-26-15 08:21 AM
    No. BlackBerry will not be making any future BlackBerry 10 phones & you will not be able to flash it because BlackBerry 10 does not have and will not have the drivers needed to run this phone, even in future iterations. (There are only 2 more additional updates confirmed by BlackBerry 3.3.3 & 3.3.4.

Sorry... I with there was a BlackBerry 10 version as well.. I'm probably not picking up the Priv because of Android & price.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-26-15 08:21 AM
    Is it possible? Yes. Likely? I don't think so.
    10-26-15 08:24 AM
    Nope.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 08:25 AM
    Wonder if we picket in front of BlackBerry, would they even consider it?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 09:03 AM
    Wasn't there I rumor from a good source about a bb10 version March launch or something like that? Not sure where I saw it.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 09:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    You probably need to wait for the end of daylight savings time before picketing BB. The flaming torches are more effective in the dark, and the firelight makes the pitchforks gleam!
    10-26-15 09:12 AM
    Wasn't there I rumor from a good source about a bb10 version March launch or something like that? Not sure where I saw it.

Posted via CB10
    That "good source" would be John Chen. An OS update 10.3.3 for existing BB10 devices is scheduled for next March.
    10-26-15 09:15 AM
    Spring 2016

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 09:16 AM
    No. BlackBerry will not be making any future BlackBerry 10 phones & you will not be able to flash it because BlackBerry 10 does not have and will not have the drivers needed to run this phone, even in future iterations. (There are only 2 more additional updates confirmed by BlackBerry 3.3.3 & 3.3.4.

Sorry... I with there was a BlackBerry 10 version as well.. I'm probably not picking up the Priv because of Android & price.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    The bottom line is that none of us truly know. Chen has flat out dodged the question whenever asked but most seem to be in agreement that BB10 is most likely over. The only concrete thing that Chen has said is that the market will dictate what happens next and that BB10 is crucial to the medical establishment and "high security". It is still plausible that another BB10 device lands in 2016 but whether it would be available to the consumer market or not will need to be seen. Keep in mind that back before BlackBerry became the King of smartphones the phones themselves were meant for professionals and others who needed to get stuff done. This helped create the allure of status symbol and brought in the sales.

I know a lot of users around here are of the impression that consumers don't care about security/privacy, to which I disagree. I think it better to say that most want security/privacy but they just assume they already have it. Yeah, the younger "share everything" generation may appear to be aloof but do you think they really want their identity stolen or bank accounts compromised? Of course not. And pretty much everyone my age and especially those who are older definitely want security and privacy. The issue is that it is all just assumed out of the box. When my mom makes a financial transaction with her phone she just assumes that everything will be encrypted, safe, secure, all of that even though she has no idea what any of that is.

My point is that with phones like the Priv and BlackPhone 2 and things like Android for Work and Knox, consumers will become more security savvy and look for options to meet their needs. It is possible that from this regard BB10 gains traction in a year or two. Then again they would need at least one device other than the square Passport or old-school Classic.

Got sidetracked, blame the morning coffee for that....

BlackBerry may not develop the drivers necessary to run BB10 on a device like the Priv. Or they might. It is to have become common knowledge that the Priv is BBs last attempt to make it or break it, but what if it is not? What if sales of the Priv are decent but not good enough and BB decides to release a BB10 version to pick up the slack? As I stated in a different thread BlackBerry now has all the necessary drivers with the Priv and it would not be difficult at all to put those drivers into BB10. Now whether or not BB10 would need to updated to become a 64-bit OS, I dunno. I know on desktops it would not matter as you can run a 32-bit desktop OS on 64-bit chips but not sure if mobile chips share this same architectural feature considering there are more players in the mobile market besides Intel and AMD.

If BlackBerry does not develop the drivers surely you can imagine someone around these parts doing so. It wouldn't be the first time someone created a solution to a BlackBerry "problem".
    mania626 likes this.
    10-26-15 09:41 AM
    The bottom line is that none of us truly know. Chen has flat out dodged the question whenever asked but most seem to be in agreement that BB10 is most likely over. The only concrete thing that Chen has said is that the market will dictate what happens next and that BB10 is crucial to the medical establishment and "high security". It is still plausible that another BB10 device lands in 2016 but whether it would be available to the consumer market or not will need to be seen. Keep in mind that back before BlackBerry became the King of smartphones the phones themselves were meant for professionals and others who needed to get stuff done. This helped create the allure of status symbol and brought in the sales.

I know a lot of users around here are of the impression that consumers don't care about security/privacy, to which I disagree. I think it better to say that most want security/privacy but they just assume they already have it. Yeah, the younger "share everything" generation may appear to be aloof but do you think they really want their identity stolen or bank accounts compromised? Of course not. And pretty much everyone my age and especially those who are older definitely want security and privacy. The issue is that it is all just assumed out of the box. When my mom makes a financial transaction with her phone she just assumes that everything will be encrypted, safe, secure, all of that even though she has no idea what any of that is.

My point is that with phones like the Priv and BlackPhone 2 and things like Android for Work and Knox, consumers will become more security savvy and look for options to meet their needs. It is possible that from this regard BB10 gains traction in a year or two. Then again they would need at least one device other than the square Passport or old-school Classic.

Got sidetracked, blame the morning coffee for that....

BlackBerry may not develop the drivers necessary to run BB10 on a device like the Priv. Or they might. It is to have become common knowledge that the Priv is BBs last attempt to make it or break it, but what if it is not? What if sales of the Priv are decent but not good enough and BB decides to release a BB10 version to pick up the slack? As I stated in a different thread BlackBerry now has all the necessary drivers with the Priv and it would not be difficult at all to put those drivers into BB10. Now whether or not BB10 would need to updated to become a 64-bit OS, I dunno. I know on desktops it would not matter as you can run a 32-bit desktop OS on 64-bit chips but not sure if mobile chips share this same architectural feature considering there are more players in the mobile market besides Intel and AMD.

If BlackBerry does not develop the drivers surely you can imagine someone around these parts doing so. It wouldn't be the first time someone created a solution to a BlackBerry "problem".
    Good point, so why it seems to be so damn difficult for BlackBerry to write drivers for their own platform, make no sense to me,but them again I don't know much about coding it just seems logical that they wouldn't have any problems doing it....right?
    Also what if the "enterprise " market wants their bb10 version? Are they going to say no?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 09:58 AM
    Good point, so why it seems to be so damn difficult for BlackBerry to write drivers for their own platform, make no sense to me,but them again I don't know much about coding it just seems logical that they wouldn't have any problems doing it....right?
    Also what if the "enterprise " market wants their bb10 version? Are they going to say no?

Posted via CB10
    It's not for BlackBerry to code for the Qualcomm chipset - that's Qualcomm's job. It's the same as Canon making their printer drivers and Logitech making their mouse drivers.

Enterprise can use existing BB10 devices until the Priv gets its certifications. They weren't exactly clamouring for BB10 anyway - which is why the shift is happening in the first place.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-26-15 10:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nope. BlackBerry killed BB10 development. Patches and fixes only.
    10-26-15 12:10 PM
    Nope. BlackBerry killed BB10 development. Patches and fixes only.
    This guy^ lmao

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 12:45 PM
    This guy^ lmao
    Posted via CB10
    That is true....dead
    10-26-15 12:57 PM
    Sure its possible. I could see Blackberry offering one up without a mention of it and it not selling at all and then Chen stating that he did everything in his power to keep BB10 alive.
    10-26-15 01:00 PM
    There was a rumor a while back, but right now it is highly unlikely. It looks like there's only an android version.

It's always possibly BlackBerry will take the PRIV and make a BlackBerry version or perhaps rename the device to something else, BUT right now we have no reason to believe that there is a BlackBerry version.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    10-26-15 01:00 PM
    That is true....dead
    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2015/1...10-developers/

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 01:19 PM
    That's fancy talk for "dead". Unfortunately.

10-26-15 01:48 PM
    That's fancy talk for "dead". Unfortunately.

Right, let me go ahead and believe mr conite rather than an statement from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 02:20 PM
    I am more confident towards a passport with android than the Priv with BB10. Still they will support BB10 for some time because there is a sensitive customer base that implemented the platform.

For me i will leave my Q10 when they release android on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 02:29 PM
    Even if BlackBerry does release some updates for BB10 phones, there will be enough of more active members on CrackBerry using the Priv that there will be general sense of "moving on" from BlackBerry 10. Aside from an update or two in the Spring, there isn't going to be much to talk about regarding BB10 and a lot to talk about with the Priv and Android apps.
    10-26-15 02:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    No, but if you found a way to sell 10 million BlackBerry 10 units, I bet they would listen to you.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-26-15 02:34 PM
    Right, let me go ahead and believe mr conite rather than an statement from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1044588

After all the puffing, the only concrete information stated is that the Android Runtime will not be updated, and only security and privacy patches will follow. Hard to see the silver lining there.

JeepBB and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    10-26-15 03:01 PM
61 123