They really don't need to sell that many units as well. They don't need massive iPhone launch day sales. I think for the first time in a long time blackberry has underestimated how popular this phone was going to be. Let's just hope we get our phones before next Friday. I have sent a complaint to cpw as I was wanting them to send me the sim card now so I can port numbers across etc but they won't. The email starts.

"Thank you for your email.
    I am sorry to hear that your order has been delayed for your Blackberry Privy."

And that is not made up. Nice work cpw.

Posted via CB10
    weezul likes this.
    11-06-15 12:23 PM
    That's so unfortunate. Hopefully yall get yours soon over there!
    11-06-15 12:24 PM
    I think for the first time in a long time blackberry has underestimated how popular this phone was going to be.

Not really. From the very first BB10 device in January 2013, they have shipped very few devices to stores on launch day, as I mentioned previously. (They did eventually have an inventory glut, but that came later as they overestimated demand and ended-up with a billion dollar lossmaking quarter)

I live in San Francisco CA USA. You've heard of it, yes? We have about 850,000 people living here.

From what I can tell (I did a telephone survey), we have received between 4-12 devices on launch day today for the whole city. One out of every 85,000 residents can be the lucky owner of one of these rare and elite devices today. I guess that's what they mean by "priv".

Results of my survey of AT&T retail stores, the only place you can buy them here today:

2410 Mission St. (20th St)
    415-970-8520
    (1 display, 2 inventory)

701 Market St (3rd St)
    415-615-0538
    (1 display, had 2, sold out)

3251 20th Ave. (Stonestown)
    415-564-2171
    (1 display, had 2, sold out)

851 Clay St (Stockton St / Chinatown)
    415-392-8688
    (No display, no inventory, no knowledge)

2135 Union St. (Fillmore St)
    415-346-4044
    (COULD NOT REACH)

3555 Geary (Arguello)
    415-750-4700
    (COULD NOT REACH)

425 Market St. (Fremont St)
    415-495-2220
    (COULD NOT REACH)

AT&T's online inventory tool shows zero available after editing the zipcode, but I have no idea if that is because I am blocking some of the offsite garbage they link into their webpages, or they literally don't have any inventory. My phone survey suggests that that we have at least 2 available to buy here as of today. Woo!

https://m.att.com/shopmobile/wireles...equestid=84660
    11-06-15 07:43 PM
    So does anyone who ordered from CPW have their priv yet?
    11-07-15 01:00 PM
    So does anyone who ordered from CPW have their priv yet?
    Nope not from what I've seen / read. Those will be the last to be delivered I think. I'm cancelling mine from CPW - ordered from Selfridges site earlier for Monday delivery.
    11-07-15 01:16 PM
    Cancelling mine. Ordered from Selfridges earlier and have just received an email and a text saying it will be delivered tomorrow.
    11-07-15 01:42 PM
    Now that is service! I'm sure the BlackBerry concessions in selfridges is part of cpw though so who knows. Can you get contract deals through selfridges or is it just outright purchases? So much for cpw UK exclusive deal!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 05:52 PM
    I haven't pre ordered but went into the local Cpw yesterday and was told if I ordered then I could get one for the 19th

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 12:29 AM
    I haven't pre ordered but went into the local Cpw yesterday and was told if I ordered then I could get one for the 19th

Posted via CB10
    That is after the 13th we have been quoted for pre orders. I really don't think I can wait until the 19th for this phone. Probably cancel and stick with what I've got. It's just not ment to be!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 06:07 AM
    I've still got my CPW preorder in tact waiting to see if it ships. In mean time I've bought from the Selfridges website and the phone is coming tomorrow.
    If the CPW order ships tomorrow before the Selfridges order arrives I'll send the Selfridges one back.
    Things we do!
    11-08-15 06:14 AM
    Whole txt reads this. "Hi James, thank you for ordering your Blackberry PRIV from Carphone Warehouse. Unfortunately, due to nationwide stock issues there will be a delay with your delivery. Your order will now be with you on Friday 13th Nov and DPD will be in touch to confirm your delivery slot. To thank you for your patience we have credited your in-store account with �5 which you can spend at any time.". I replied "What use is �5. The only people who will profit with that is your company as I bet I can't buy any thing for �5!!!". I guess I won't get a response. How useless is the whole scenario. Surely they should have enough stock to cover. I wonder how many phones really have been sold. 1 more week for me to wait then I guess.

Posted via CB10
    I suspect BlackBerry only manufactured a very limited number of units for each country for the initial release. This might be due to carrier demands concerning inventory stocking and returns. Though it is cold comfort to anyone who pre-ordered with expectations of a 06 November delivery into their hands.
    11-08-15 07:12 AM
    Email from CPW in response to my complaint:

Dear Mr XX,

Thank you for your email.

I'm sorry to learn of the various issues you have experienced.

Furthermore, I can confirm that the BlackBerry PRIV is to be delivered on 13 November 2015. This date is set by the manufacturer to which the Carphone Warehouse have no control over. Any delays with the arrival of a handset is something that is only controlled by the manufacturer.

I can also confirm that*Carphone Warehouse are the only retailer to offer this handset to customers, hence the exclusivity branding. The handset is unavailable through the networks directly. It is unheard of that the manufacturer themselves would not be selling their own devices to customers and thus within the UK, it is only Carphone Warehouse that are offering the device exclusively. Of course the manufacturers will be selling their own devices to customers.

It has been made aware onto our processing team that the price the manufacturers are offering to their customers are slightly cheaper. Should you wish to purchase your handset through them directly, please reply directly to this email confirming your intentions to cancel your order. I can then cancel this for you.

I have arranged for your comments to be investigated in relation to the phone calls that were made to ourselves. The phone calls will be fedback onto the agents themselves and further training will be provided should it be deemed necessary.

Due to the various issues you have experienced, I have logged a complaint for you.*The complaint will be passed onto the relevant department who will investigate the matter and put steps in place to ensure issues such as the ones you have experienced do not arise again.
    11-08-15 12:55 PM
    Email from CPW in response to my complaint:

Dear Mr XX,

Thank you for your email.

I'm sorry to learn of the various issues you have experienced.

Furthermore, I can confirm that the BlackBerry PRIV is to be delivered on 13 November 2015. This date is set by the manufacturer to which the Carphone Warehouse have no control over. Any delays with the arrival of a handset is something that is only controlled by the manufacturer.

I can also confirm that*Carphone Warehouse are the only retailer to offer this handset to customers, hence the exclusivity branding. The handset is unavailable through the networks directly. It is unheard of that the manufacturer themselves would not be selling their own devices to customers and thus within the UK, it is only Carphone Warehouse that are offering the device exclusively. Of course the manufacturers will be selling their own devices to customers.

It has been made aware onto our processing team that the price the manufacturers are offering to their customers are slightly cheaper. Should you wish to purchase your handset through them directly, please reply directly to this email confirming your intentions to cancel your order. I can then cancel this for you.

I have arranged for your comments to be investigated in relation to the phone calls that were made to ourselves. The phone calls will be fedback onto the agents themselves and further training will be provided should it be deemed necessary.

Due to the various issues you have experienced, I have logged a complaint for you.*The complaint will be passed onto the relevant department who will investigate the matter and put steps in place to ensure issues such as the ones you have experienced do not arise again.
    At least you have a reply. I sent an email on Thursday. On Saturday they wanted more information and as of now I have nothing. I am not that bothered about the phone not been here I have got over the disappointment. I am however wanting the sim card to port another number to it and cancel a payg account. Apparently it is not possible to send the sim without the phone. I am now having to put more credit on the sim daily as the phone could come Friday or it could be delayed even further.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 01:42 PM
    At least you have a reply. I sent an email on Thursday. On Saturday they wanted more information and as of now I have nothing. I am not that bothered about the phone not been here I have got over the disappointment. I am however wanting the sim card to port another number to it and cancel a payg account. Apparently it is not possible to send the sim without the phone. I am now having to put more credit on the sim daily as the phone could come Friday or it could be delayed even further.

Posted via CB10
    It's absolutely ridiculous, the way we are being treated. Surely we paid extra to be first?

Anyone whose collected a device from Selfridges able to confirm whether CPW are involved there?
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    11-08-15 03:28 PM
    It's absolutely ridiculous, the way we are being treated. Surely we paid extra to be first?

Anyone whose collected a device from Selfridges able to confirm whether CPW are involved there?
    The exact same thing - literally exactly the same - happened a few years ago with the Galaxy S3? (I think, could have been the S4) with preorders here in the U.S. it's so frustrating but in the long run it won't really matter once you get yours.
    11-08-15 03:36 PM
    I had a look at the BlackBerry concession back in August when I was in London and cpw is next door, so must be some kind of link? I've heard if you buy you collect from cpw?!. Surely cpw should have made sure the phone went out to the pre orders first before you could just waltz in and buy one. Reading other threads though it sounds as if selfridges didn't get there phones until Saturday. I'm hoping it will ship Monday for Tuesday delivery. My main gripe is the joke �5 in store credit (it's a worthless and lame apology) and the fact they won't send the sim early to me. That's all I want. Awaiting a reply about not been able to send the sim but really not holding my breath.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 03:58 PM
    I had a look at the BlackBerry concession back in August when I was in London and cpw is next door, so must be some kind of link? I've heard if you buy you collect from cpw?!. Surely cpw should have made sure the phone went out to the pre orders first before you could just waltz in and buy one. Reading other threads though it sounds as if selfridges didn't get there phones until Saturday. I'm hoping it will ship Monday for Tuesday delivery. My main gripe is the joke �5 in store credit (it's a worthless and lame apology) and the fact they won't send the sim early to me. That's all I want. Awaiting a reply about not been able to send the sim but really not holding my breath.

Posted via CB10
    Passport orders on Selfridges website were collected from CPW in the technology Hall. So I guess the same.
    11-08-15 04:42 PM
    Passport orders on Selfridges website were collected from CPW in the technology Hall. So I guess the same.
    It's pretty rough on the people who have pre ordered if it is cpw! Specially if we don't get our phones until 1 week after launch. I live in Cumbria so no chance of a trip to London to grab one. It's awful considering some of us have had phone on order for weeks and someone can just go in and grab one. I won't be buying another BlackBerry on launch day again that's for sure. I have been blackberry user since pearl. This could be my last.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 04:55 PM
    It's pretty rough on the people who have pre ordered if it is cpw! Specially if we don't get our phones until 1 week after launch. I live in Cumbria so no chance of a trip to London to grab one. It's awful considering some of us have had phone on order for weeks and someone can just go in and grab one. I won't be buying another BlackBerry on launch day again that's for sure. I have been blackberry user since pearl. This could be my last.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. This needs to do better on battery than then 4/5 hours my passport gives.

I've just had a text from CPW (or maybe DPD) to say that my Priv is out for delivery tomorrow. Anyone else?
    11-09-15 02:36 PM
    Same here. This needs to do better on battery than then 4/5 hours my passport gives.

I've just had a text from CPW (or maybe DPD) to say that my Priv is out for delivery tomorrow. Anyone else?
    Got the same, annoyingly nobody is going to be in to collect it tomorrow so I'm going to see if I can pick it up from the depot after work
    11-09-15 02:41 PM

Nothing for me. What date did you order? I ordered the 22nd, 23rd so don't know if I'm getting mine tomorrow. Doesn't look like it. Mega disappointed. Maybe I complained to much

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:25 PM
    Nothing for me. What date did you order? I ordered the 22nd, 23rd so don't know if I'm getting mine tomorrow. Doesn't look like it. Mega disappointed. Maybe I complained to much

Posted via CB10
    We ordered around the same time it would seem. Actually, I probably ordered after you so I don't understand why you haven't had notification. I know some guys on here said that they didn't get anything and rung CPW and they said their ordered had been cancelled but was still showing as deliver today, hence why they didn't get notification.

I'd be very surprised if you don't get it today. Give them a call to confirm what's going on . They had stock yesterday for a short time so all pre-orders should be fulfilled. Good luck!
    11-10-15 02:46 AM
    I only ordered again from cpw yesterday and they have already dispatched and provided tracking number. I cancelled my shopbb order.
    11-10-15 05:31 AM
    Going to pick mine up now
    11-10-15 05:35 AM
    I only ordered again from cpw yesterday and they have already dispatched and provided tracking number. I cancelled my shopbb order.
    So gutted I'm not getting the phone and you guys all are! After all this I'm not holding my breath for it coming on Friday.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 06:19 AM
84 1234