Just had a txt off carphone warehouse. Who knows when we will get the phones. This is what the txt reads. "Hi James, thank you for ordering your Blackberry PRIV from Carphone Warehouse. Unfortunately, due to nationwide stock issues there will be a delay with ye have credited your in-store account with �5 which you can spend at any time.". Let's wait and see AGAIN.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 10:54 AM
    Bummer. Hopefully it's just 1 week or so.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 10:58 AM
    Whole txt reads this. "Hi James, thank you for ordering your Blackberry PRIV from Carphone Warehouse. Unfortunately, due to nationwide stock issues there will be a delay with your delivery. Your order will now be with you on Friday 13th Nov and DPD will be in touch to confirm your delivery slot. To thank you for your patience we have credited your in-store account with �5 which you can spend at any time.". I replied "What use is �5. The only people who will profit with that is your company as I bet I can't buy any thing for �5!!!". I guess I won't get a response. How useless is the whole scenario. Surely they should have enough stock to cover. I wonder how many phones really have been sold. 1 more week for me to wait then I guess.

Posted via CB10
    Mike Owsley likes this.
    11-04-15 10:59 AM
    Whole txt reads this. "Hi James, thank you for ordering your Blackberry PRIV from Carphone Warehouse. Unfortunately, due to nationwide stock issues there will be a delay with your delivery. Your order will now be with you on Friday 13th Nov and DPD will be in touch to confirm your delivery slot. To thank you for your patience we have credited your in-store account with �5 which you can spend at any time.". I replied "What use is �5. The only people who will profit with that is your company as I bet I can't buy any thing for �5!!!". I guess I won't get a response. How useless is the whole scenario. Surely they should have enough stock to cover. I wonder how many phones really have been sold. 1 more week for me to wait then I guess.

Posted via CB10
    well they didn't say "due to high demand"....i guess BB really lowered their expectation so that they can use the expressions "out of stock"
    11-04-15 11:02 AM
    well they didn't say "due to high demand"....i guess BB really lowered their expectation so that they can use the expressions "out of stock"
    How do you know it isn't higher than expected demand?
    11-04-15 11:05 AM
    same message here
    11-04-15 11:06 AM
    I think this is a good sign. Demand exceeds first shipment. You will be in next shipment run

BlackBerry Priv!!
    kertong likes this.
    11-04-15 11:10 AM
    How do you know it isn't higher than expected demand?
    it could be too, but they just said due to nationwide stock issue, which could be any reason. i too hope it's due to higher than expected demand, and the demand is really high in terms on actual number not just the initial expectation
    11-04-15 11:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hahaaa I thought exactly the same �5??
    11-04-15 11:13 AM
    Too bad you didn't pre ordered 100 Priv's. That would be 500 quids.

Posted via CB10
    raremage, MRTTNS and modifier like this.
    11-04-15 11:16 AM
    Maybe every delivery nationwide is delayed....? Product isn't ready for release....?

Hopefully they ship on Nov 6th or this is going to be another big blow for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 11:19 AM
    In ANY scenario this is a good sign for BlackBerry. Even if the case were that BlackBerry didn't send a lot of stock out to vendors, it means that they are in demand.

It would be worse for them to sell out 100 (obviously figurative) units, then to not have sold 100 units.

Probably just to make sure they don't have to write down/off inventory they kept the stock low. Don't forget that they have a tiger to make in order to be profitable, whether or not they want to kill the handset business as some believe, they want to be PROFITABLE.

Posted via CB10
    kertong and MO3iusONE like this.
    11-04-15 11:20 AM
    There's nothing to suggest the 'first batch' existed in the first place.
    Flatman likes this.
    11-04-15 11:22 AM
    I think this is a good sign. Demand exceeds first shipment. You will be in next shipment run

BlackBerry Priv!!
    How many were in the first shipment? Know of any numbers? 5K, 10K? 100K? We have gone through this before with BlackBerry. They make small batches and sell out quickly since they are small numbers. Now if the batch was 2M, then that would be good, but BlackBerry would never make that many.
    Flatman likes this.
    11-04-15 11:46 AM
    Hard to know what's really going on here. If they ran out of stock, this is unfortunate for the OP, but high demand is a good thing. If they just botched the release, and are having production issues, this is obviously not so good. If they limited production to create this sort of thing, I think that's stupid - people will be more impressed by good initial sales numbers vs. perceived demand. I guess we'll find out soon what the case is.
    11-04-15 11:48 AM
    Even Google/Huawei botched the release of the Nexus 6P. Incredibly long wait times for delivery.... always sold out at G-Play Store for the popular models. Hell every good phone released so far this fall season has been sold out. With one exception: IPhone 6. At least one company got their crap together and sold 13 Million phones in the 1st weekend.
    11-04-15 03:03 PM
    My friend works in CPW and got the low down from him. The release has been pushed back to around the 13th Nov, the units haven't even arrived yet. You can place you're order but it will be shipped from Blackberry them selves over the course of the next few days/weeks.
    Only way of getting this beast on the 6th is from Selfrdiges as they have a BlackBerry pop up shop there...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 03:16 PM
    Well after the z10 fiasco and BlackBerry probably giving them out to help level out the cafeteria tables up there, they probably were really really conservative in their initial build orders.

I hope there is genuine interest across both android and bb platforms to make a true turn around for BlackBerry, and that sell what they need to so we can see a Priv 2.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 03:21 PM
    Same text here. I thought CPW had worldwide exclusivity here? Are _any_ CPW orders going to be fulfilled this Friday? Or are orders over the BlackBerry website now taking precedence?
    11-04-15 03:21 PM
    I heard Selfridges mentioned. Any confirmation that they're stocking it on the 6th or is that just an assumption?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 03:23 PM
    Got the exact same text myself, is there really a delay or have there just been too many pre orders and not enough handsets...when I called carphone warehouse up then they said I should still expect to get mine on the 6th because I preordered 10 days ago, hopfully this is correct.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 03:33 PM
    The whole cpw thing just stinks. They say they have exclusive sales then it seems the shop blackberry people and selfridges are going to have before them. Cpw are a joke. I have told them that in an email as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 03:44 PM
    In all fairness, from what I've heard, this has nothing to do with Carphone Warehouse - BlackBerry haven't provided them with any Priv's yet so they obviously can't send them onto their customers.
    11-04-15 03:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Their mistake was not being able to tell you that your spot didn't make first shipment (priority handled, you simply weren't first enough). It's not their fault there is significant demand. They tried to provide customer support with credit, and you're rude and irrational? Come on...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 04:01 PM
    I understand that If they don't have the phones they can't deliver them. But why claim to have an exclusive if the stock wasn't guaranteed to them. Either they will be due a big payout from blackberry for failing a contract or its been a big con all along. Cpw exclusive UK priv sales, yeah but if you buy from shop BlackBerry or selfridges you'll get it first. Not good if that is the case.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 04:06 PM
84 123 ...