I'm absolutely loving the phone - think it's great. Having come from an iPhone, I'm trying to get used to having a Blackberry Hub again; I've got used to using Outlook and have it on the Priv and it works really well, but I'd like to get the Hub to work nonetheless.

The only problem I'm having is text messages aren't always showing in the hub.

I can see most of them when I select the text message account only (but not all of them) but I can't see any of them when I'm in the all accounts area...if that makes sense.

Any ideas?
    11-13-15 05:51 AM
    Same here. Randomly works, text messages disappear from the Hub once I reply. But they're still in Messenger App with all the history. BlackBerry really needs to build their own SMS App and integrate it into the Hub better than this. Also annoyed with all the open tiles that need to be closed afterwards. BBM contacts are not showing the nickname I give them in the Hub, but it's OK in the BBM App.
    11-13-15 06:30 AM
    I'm absolutely loving the phone - think it's great. Having come from an iPhone, I'm trying to get used to having a Blackberry Hub again; I've got used to using Outlook and have it on the Priv and it works really well, but I'd like to get the Hub to work nonetheless.

I can see most of them when I select the text message account only (but not all of them) but I can't see any of them when I'm in the all accounts area...if that makes sense.

Any ideas?
    A few things you can try here, and a few questions as well...

1) What version of Hub are you on?
    2) Go into the navigation drawer (3 lines icon at the top left) and hit settings --> in your views section make sure "Hub" includes your text messages. You might just need to check the box.
    3) Did you use content transfer app?
    4) Are you syncing email messages or folders currently while you're seeing the delays?
    11-13-15 12:08 PM
    Hub takes a while to populate when you first get the device, or get an influx of messages/emails
    For me, it usually resolves itself out in an hour or so
    11-13-15 12:11 PM
    A few things you can try here, and a few questions as well...

1) What version of Hub are you on?
    2) Go into the navigation drawer (3 lines icon at the top left) and hit settings --> in your views section make sure "Hub" includes your text messages. You might just need to check the box.
    3) Did you use content transfer app?
    4) Are you syncing email messages or folders currently while you're seeing the delays?
    I'm on version 1.1.0.4753.

Text messages is checked off in view settings.

I used Transfer App on first device, not for my replacement I just received. Restored from Google backup and manually added accounts.

No syncing going on with folders.

Messages come in fine, but disappear from the Hub as soon as I reply.
    11-13-15 01:36 PM
    Works perfect and instant for me. Must be a settings issue.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-13-15 01:38 PM
    Same here. Randomly works, text messages disappear from the Hub once I reply. But they're still in Messenger App with all the history. BlackBerry really needs to build their own SMS App and integrate it into the Hub better than this. Also annoyed with all the open tiles that need to be closed afterwards. BBM contacts are not showing the nickname I give them in the Hub, but it's OK in the BBM App.
    PMed you on this. The BBM nickname issue is something we just fixed in BBM. SMS disappearing likely has to do with you having "show sent messages" set to OFF. We're fixing this latter one as we speak.
    nward2010 and allsportsfan like this.
    11-13-15 11:35 PM
    PMed you on this. The BBM nickname issue is something we just fixed in BBM. SMS disappearing likely has to do with you having "show sent messages" set to OFF. We're fixing this latter one as we speak.
    Biggest SMS issue with hub is not populating the correct names and only having numbers show up
    In the messages app everything comes up correctly
    11-13-15 11:41 PM
    Yup. They need to do their own app. This was half a$$ed.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 06:23 AM
    Biggest SMS issue with hub is not populating the correct names and only having numbers show up
    In the messages app everything comes up correctly
    That is annoying. I have one conversation like that because it loaded before my contacts had finished loading. After a few hours and after responding to that person, the name populated.

Biggest issue for me is the sloppy integration in general. Why couldn't BlackBerry have made their own perfectly integrated SMS app???

nward2010 likes this.
    11-14-15 06:26 AM
    That is annoying. I have one conversation like that because it loaded before my contacts had finished loading. After a few hours and after responding to that person, the name populated.

Biggest issue for me is the sloppy integration in general. Why couldn't BlackBerry have made their own perfectly integrated SMS app???

Name will populate AFTER you text the person
    If you don't, it just won't populate rofl
    11-14-15 01:54 PM
    Yeah. The Hub is a hot mess except for the email functionality. From my experience, the text messages took forever to appear and update. Also when I swipe to mark "read" it would just sit there for good 5 to 10 seconds until it is updated.

This is probably because in he hub and the text messages not built in, and have to open up the messenger to do it. I hope BlackBerry and google get their brains together and make this functionality seamless.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    11-14-15 01:58 PM
    My text messages disappeared after reading them. I went into the hub settings, general settings, turned condensed list view on and they came back.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 02:25 PM
    Yeah. The Hub is a hot mess except for the email functionality. From my experience, the text messages took forever to appear and update. Also when I swipe to mark "read" it would just sit there for good 5 to 10 seconds until it is updated.

This is probably because in he hub and the text messages not built in, and have to open up the messenger to do it. I hope BlackBerry and google get their brains together and make this functionality seamless.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    I wouldn't say hot mess. I think it's pretty good actually. But SMS integration is poor, WhatsApp is missing, and in general it is laggy.

For instance, when you long press an email, there is a slight stutter until it is selected, and then there is a slight delay while you wait for the delete and file buttons to populate above.

11-14-15 07:16 PM

Any ideas?
    I recall this thread prior to receiving my phone. If I send a text it is instantly in the hub...same when I receive one. I have done all of the necessary updates.
    11-15-15 09:56 AM
    I recall this thread prior to receiving my phone. If I send a text it is instantly in the hub...same when I receive one. I have done all of the necessary updates.
    Likewise.

11-15-15 01:32 PM
    Well a week on and it's still not working for me. I've ditched the hub and come back again and still no luck. No syncing going on, everything's up to date - just wont work. Frustrating!
    11-18-15 01:43 PM
    Well a week on and it's still not working for me. I've ditched the hub and come back again and still no luck. No syncing going on, everything's up to date - just wont work. Frustrating!
    Did you use content transfer to move text messages from your old device to new device?
    11-18-15 04:01 PM
    No, all ive done wrt my last phone is export address and import them via an emailed vcf thingy.
    11-18-15 04:50 PM