So I just ordered a priv and I would love to get a Tempered glass screen protector for it, any recommendations?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 10:37 AM
    I have tried three different tempered glass for the priv, either they don't fit in precision on the curved screen or if they fit the finishing is really bad. The overall screen is pretty durable and I decided to leave it naked. Awesome.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 10:58 AM
    I too have not found a great one yet. Just bearable ones

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-24-16 11:13 AM
    Seiki or whatever are the best, make sure it's named and not just using their pictures. The no names vary in quality a TON- black rimmed ones seem the best, but none I have used (4 brands-types so) have had a 100% good fit

07-24-16 03:33 PM
    I have had the sikai screen protectors both cracked taking the case off my phone. I'm not really happy with the quality of the glass or how transparent they are. They do fit well though. I have found this screen protector on amazon. The pictures look as though these are different from the sikai.
    Creazy�Real Full Coverage Tempered Glass Film Screen Protector for BlackBerry Priv https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019BRH1Z4...UvbUpU12517443
    Notice the cutout for the front facing camera and no clear section for BlackBerry. I tried to contact the seller to see if I can get more photos but haven't received any responses. I'm tempted to get one though.

07-24-16 07:14 PM
    I finally bought the Priv. Was also worried about dropping and damaging the screen. Bought a horrible looking laminated glass protector with adhesive on all sides. It was also sparkly grey....yuk. Has to be coloured on the border to hide the adhesive. Due to the curve, normal glass protectors would be hard to bond glass to glass hence the sticky adhesive is needed for this phone. Anyway after less than 1 hour, I threw the protector in the bin. I cracked with pleasure before tossing.

I figure and try to force myself to not walk and type so the phone should be fine naked.

The shop owner tried to sell me a two part plastic case. Made the phone look like a abomination. Took away all the style and feel of the phone.

This is the second phone I have used totally naked. Q10 and now Priv. Q5, Passport and Classic all had cases.

07-24-16 08:19 PM
    I have had the sikai screen protectors both cracked taking the case off my phone. I'm not really happy with the quality of the glass or how transparent they are. They do fit well though. I have found this screen protector on amazon. The pictures look as though these are different from the sikai.
    Creazy�Real Full Coverage Tempered Glass Film Screen Protector for BlackBerry Priv https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019BRH1Z4...UvbUpU12518068
    Notice the cutout for the front facing camera and no clear section for BlackBerry. I tried to contact the seller to see if I can get more photos but haven't received any responses. I'm tempted to get one though.

That creazy one looks awesome! Just too bad it doesn't ship to Canada

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 11:43 AM
    I finally bought the Priv. Was also worried about dropping and damaging the screen. Bought a horrible looking laminated glass protector with adhesive on all sides. It was also sparkly grey....yuk. Has to be coloured on the border to hide the adhesive. Due to the curve, normal glass protectors would be hard to bond glass to glass hence the sticky adhesive is needed for this phone. Anyway after less than 1 hour, I threw the protector in the bin. I cracked with pleasure before tossing.

I figure and try to force myself to not walk and type so the phone should be fine naked.

The shop owner tried to sell me a two part plastic case. Made the phone look like a abomination. Took away all the style and feel of the phone.

This is the second phone I have used totally naked. Q10 and now Priv. Q5, Passport and Classic all had cases.

I haven't used a phone naked since my 9780, I've always used at least a thin silicon case on my phones since then just for a tiny bit of protection but more for a hit of thickness. I ordered the Seidio case to go with the priv, maybe I won't need a screen protector with that case

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 11:44 AM
    Ordered the creazy glass yesterday. Should be here between August 17 and Sept 2nd. I'll post pics when it gets here.

FF22 likes this.
    07-25-16 10:00 PM
    Ordered the creazy glass yesterday. Should be here between August 17 and Sept 2nd. I'll post pics when it gets here.

I did notice the slow shipping.
    07-25-16 10:19 PM
    looks like ill be getting it Sept 2. lets hope its faster. Actually, lets hope its better then the Sikai and I would be cool with the Sept 2nd delivery.
    07-26-16 01:19 PM
    Just installed my third protector, my second one (a Sikai black one), just got smashed.

This third random brand one claims to have "blue light" protection, though I can't tell the difference. However, the oleophobic properties have improved over my last two, image doesn't distort as much as they used to, and I don't have edge touch problems. Guess they are improving on the production batches as well. Also have another Sikai one as a backup, got them all on Taobao via friends from Hong Kong.

And to give an idea how bad the original ones were... first one was the same random brand but a full transparent one, was not really transparent at all, very bad distortion and blocked off like half my screen's brightness. Second one was a Sikai, the adhesive on the sensor was too thick it basically blocked it, had to use alcohol to rub it off before it worked, gave me edge touch problems, and I can feel the uneven-ness if I glide my finger across the protector. Brightness is good however.

07-26-16 11:20 PM
    Hello the bought the G-color tempered glass protector at Amazon. Installed easily and works fine especially in official slider case with kickstand.

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity
    07-27-16 04:02 AM