hello crackberrians... i have been looking for a tempered glass or screen protection for my priv... i have read several threads about it, but seems to be a total mess regarding feedback... i do prefer a tempered glass, the feel of the glass is awesome... however, it looks like in the priv the experience of the tempered glass is not good or even very bad, with cracked glass without falls, or screen/sensor not working correctly... so, i will need to consider a regular screen protector as well... after using yours (tempered glass and/or screen protector) which one do you recommend me, and if you don't mind, including a link or the brand you are using? very much appreciate... thanks
    HoppsBox likes this.
    05-09-16 08:46 PM
    I'm curious as well

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-09-16 11:35 PM
    Well after months of waiting for reviews in amazon and not finding anything that seemed good I decided to try one that looked promising on eBay... After a month and half waiting for it to arrive I was really disappointed..

Everything on the page looked good, shatter resistant, ultra clear, 9h hardness.. But it was not, I ordered 2. Packaging was actually really strong but 1 had bunch of cracks in the corner when I took it out

So hopefully somebody here has found one as good as what my boyfriend had on his passport

Otherwise, the one that was still good fits my Priv nicely. Though I wouldn't say the clarity is crystal clear, has kind of colourful sparkle noticeable with white backgrounds and if not positioned perfectly some the bottoms on the side won't respond (like backspace) took me a few tries

Tempered glass or screen protection?-53454.jpg

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    05-10-16 12:00 AM
    Close up

Attached Thumbnails Tempered glass or screen protection?-53455.jpg  
    05-10-16 12:01 AM
    thanks for the feedback... that sucks for sure....this is why i decided to ask this question again, even when i see several threads talking about this subject, because looks like your case isn't isolate but quite the opposite, pretty common... i had a tempered glass on my se passport and that was a delight to use... i hope there is someone out there who has used her/his tempered glass for few months and can give a solid review of it... thanks!

Close up

05-10-16 12:09 AM
    Both would do just fine for me. When i got my Priv, there still wasn't any tempered glass protectors - so i got a matte film protector (the only one available locally). Then i changed to a glass protector - only because it's more slippery to the touch than the film protector.
    05-10-16 12:15 AM
    may i ask, which brand of tempered glass are you using? no issues with the proximity sensor or unresponsive screen, as others have reported? if you can post a link to the one that you bought would be very helpful to me... thanks!

Both would do just fine for me. When i got my Priv, there still wasn't any tempered glass protectors - so i got a matte film protector (the only one available locally). Then i changed to a glass protector - only because it's more slippery to the touch than the film protector.
    05-10-16 12:20 AM
    I have been using this one, so far no problems.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F111922594826

05-10-16 12:31 AM
    Perfect, let's see if someone else adds something to the conversation but that's what I was looking for... even better when the seller is here is US, quicker arrival... thanks!

I have been using this one, so far no problems.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F111922594826

05-10-16 07:38 AM
    I got Ghost Armor put on my Priv. I've heard nothing but bat things about those glass protectors. They only seal on the edges and leave a gap between the screen and the protectors

Rock'n the Marshmallow boosted Priv!
    05-10-16 08:24 AM
    I got that same one. Not perfect, some areas require more pressure to sense the touch. A little creaking noise when pressing bottom of screen and close to the edge. Doesn't work well with BlackBerry hard case. Keeping it until something better is found.

05-10-16 08:34 AM
    may i ask, which brand of tempered glass are you using? no issues with the proximity sensor or unresponsive screen, as others have reported? if you can post a link to the one that you bought would be very helpful to me... thanks!
    Any of these protectors shouldn't have any issues with the sensors - or else they are in the wrong business...

I don't know the brand of the glass protector i got (purchased it from a local guy who gets his products from China), but it's the very 1st Priv glass protector that has the black borders.
    05-10-16 08:47 AM
    thanks for all the reviews... definitely a hit-or-miss game with these tempered glasses... i find strange to have so many of these brands having so different issues, as poor screen sensitivity, or sensor issues, or cracking noises, or even cracks... i remember in my se passport the tempered glass was perfect but of course, the screen was flat... i guess the curve edges make it very difficult to produce a consistent good product...
    05-10-16 08:58 AM
    I ordered this one for my Wife and it is working well so far. Touch screen works good and it's nice and clear.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019Z...UvbUpU12425631

05-10-16 10:39 AM
    thank you sir..!

I ordered this one for my Wife and it is working well so far. Touch screen works good and it's nice and clear.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019Z...UvbUpU12425656

05-10-16 11:01 AM
    thank you sir..!

3 reviews. Only one updated the review and wasn't happy with it

05-10-16 11:04 AM
    yes, I saw that... also, you need to read the reviews with open mind... some people go too quick to the extreme, I love it/ I hate it... that's why I was hoping, as it happened, to receive feedbacks from people after actually using it for some time... thanks again!

3 reviews. Only one updated the review and wasn't happy with it

05-10-16 11:11 AM
    I got this one about a month ago on my second attempt, and it has been good so far:

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Cov...UvbUpU12425745

It has cracked on my on the round edge, after the corner of my dog's heavy kennel pushed against the phone in my pocket while I was lifting it, but it still works fine. It sealed on the edges well, and doesn't make any noise (not the case with my first attempt).

They are probably the most expensive, but it's clear, and smooth. And I got a second screen protector for free after leaving them an amazon review, so that worked out well, especially since my first one is cracked.
    05-10-16 12:20 PM
    thank you sir... I will take a look, but it's scary the gamble to just get a decent item...

I got this one about a month ago on my second attempt, and it has been good so far:

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Cov...UvbUpU12425752

It has cracked on my on the round edge, after the corner of my dog's heavy kennel pushed against the phone in my pocket while I was lifting it, but it still works fine. It sealed on the edges well, and doesn't make any noise (not the case with my first attempt).

They are probably the most expensive, but it's clear, and smooth. And I got a second screen protector for free after leaving them an amazon review, so that worked out well, especially since my first one is cracked.
    05-10-16 12:24 PM
    I use a Zagg Invisible Shield HD Dry with full body coverage. Lifetime warranty and works great for me.

zagg.com/invisibleshield

05-10-16 02:40 PM
    seems like a good option, any problem in the edges?

I use a Zagg Invisible Shield HD Dry with full body coverage. Lifetime warranty and works great for me.

zagg.com/invisibleshield

05-10-16 03:25 PM
    None so far. I admit to only having this for about 10 days. Yet it's the best I have had on any phone, period.

05-10-16 04:14 PM
    Hahaha strong review... but that's exactly what I am looking for, fair reviews after extended use... thanks a lot!

None so far. I admit to only having this for about 10 days. Yet it's the best I have had on any phone, period.

05-10-16 05:02 PM
    I had armor shield for a long time and it's one of the best screen protector I had tried....and tried many. Mine was the matte screen.

And finally I just removed that one and tried the sikai glass protector. For the first couple days..so far I'm liking it. Though it collects much more finger prints..smudges..etc than the armor shield screen protector.

05-10-16 06:23 PM
    thanks for the info... i would say that the screen protector is better with the smudges and finger prints than the tempered glass... however, if you find a perfect fitting tempered glass for your device, for me that's the best at touch feedback and feel... but yes, you will see your fingers on it as well... also, maybe i am wrong but in a fall i think that the tempered glass will give you a better chance to survive than a screen protector...

I had armor shield for a long time and it's one of the best screen protector I had tried....and tried many. Mine was the matte screen.

And finally I just removed that one and tried the sikai glass protector. For the first couple days..so far I'm liking it. Though it collects much more finger prints..smudges..etc than the armor shield screen protector.

05-10-16 06:38 PM
43 12