Hello,

I thought I would make my own thread about this instead of hi-jacking someone else's. Anyways, I am a Rogers customer, I bought a Telus Priv straight no contract ( friend works there). I bought a unlock code from UnlockBuzz. Code was delivered day later. I put the code in and tried 4- 5times and it wouldnt work. Then I get a message Device is "MEP Blocked".

This is really frustrating, I know I screwed up and tried to many times and now is locked " MEP blocked" I contacted Telus, they said I can send the device in if I purchase a pre-paid plan (lol).. They said they would Re-Flash the OS and it should fix it. Nothing was coming up on there side for the device.

I am wondering If "How to reload the OS on your BlackBerry Priv" and follow those instructions will this help me in anyway? I dont want to do this and brick the phone any further..atm im down a whole lot of money and really sucks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The phone is not locked on a contract or anything like that.

Thanks in advance you guys.
    07-15-16 05:24 PM
    There is another thread about this. Supposedly someone was able to reflash an MEP locked Priv with an autoloader and reset the MEP unlocking protocol. I am just reporting what I read. No first hand experience.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    07-16-16 08:31 AM
    You're not SUPPOSED to be able to reset a MEP lock (ever), but in theory you might be able to. Look at the thread that talked about the reset of the radio flash to clear the diversity settings and try that, and/or the autoloader.

But don't expect miracles; you may be screwed.
    07-16-16 10:44 AM
    Note that the OP of this thread is the same poster who claimed success in the other thread...refer:

The post claiming success was later in the day than the origination of this thread. It would be quite interesting indeed if this was successful...a departure from the BB history to be sure, and not unwelcome...but a departure nonetheless.
    raino likes this.
    07-16-16 11:10 AM
    Update: Yes I was able to do a OS reload and initially when i went into my carrier settings it was letting me enter a unlock code again..When i put in my Rogers sim...guess what the device was MEP Blocked again...

I reset the OS again, its now letting me enter the code again. Im going to see if i can get a remote IMEI lock. Wish me luck. Otherwise im out $600.
    07-16-16 01:48 PM
    Thanks. Please keep us updated...your results so far are quite intriguing. It will be interesting to hear the final result.
    07-16-16 02:05 PM
    Hi there - just wondering if anything came of this - have you had any more success? I have a priv that is locked to T-Mobile and so am in the same boat - thanks
    08-04-16 10:06 PM
    Load the t mobile autoloader. It won't hurt and might work. Of course it will erase the phone....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-05-16 06:55 PM
    HI there - thanks for the reply. So I have dione the complete reinstall of OS (if that is what you are talking about) and I am sort of at the stage where the OP is in their last message. So I am wondering if it is worth trying to get the IMEI unlock code to try - so I was thinking it might be good to hear if they were successful.

However since then I seem to have stumbled into the world of Furious Gold (I am very new to blackberry so this is all new) - however this appears to be for older models - and the priv does not come up. Of course I could be wrong

I am not after changing IMEI number with Fusion Gold or whatever - more a case of wondering if the MEP Count can be reset (probably to 5) then it is worth trying to get an UNLOCK code.

I have been through a round with official blackberry support and they say they do not have a magic switch to reset the phone- however - I would think it is possible (tho in shady territory admittedly) and so I was wondering if they could help (they were very nice by the way - first time I have had to deal with them)

So possibly Fusion Gold (or some such is the next possible step)

So wondering if the OP had any luck - or someone can suggest anything - even if it is to tell me that I am barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks for the reply
    08-06-16 03:38 AM
    For me it was worth to get the unlock code from AT&T. I was able to unlock the device even after "Enter PUK" message (on Android 5) and "MEP Blocked" (on Android 6)... please check this other thread for more info: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-i-do-1079568/
    Last edited by chopeta; 09-12-16 at 01:06 PM.
    09-12-16 11:40 AM
    Thank you - you have given me new hope - so now i need to get to T-Mobile - and see about an unlock code - that could be just as hard I imagine. Thanks for the reply and I will carry on see what I can do

Thanks
    09-12-16 05:07 PM