Did you have a lot of trouble getting the $100 off. I have to pick up mine from my local Telus dealer later today but am not too happy about the $890.

Posted via CB10
    Curious about this myself, would be worth it to save the 100$

There is no $310 option, an if you mean by trading in my existing phone I could do that with ANY phone picking up from telus

Posted via CB10
    It is an "exclusive promo" see my last post with screenshot and details

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:52 AM
    Nope, just phone. Be polite. Explain that Bell has it for $800. They will say if you sign a contract the price is basically the same. I said yeah, but if I want to leave before my contract is up, I am penalized $90 more with Telus. He said I can apply a $100 credit to your account. I said yes, and he put a note on my account. So it kicks in when I go to pickup phone I think. Going into store in an hour.
    11-06-15 09:56 AM
    Nope, just phone. Be polite. Explain that Bell has it for $800. They will say if you sign a contract the price is basically the same. I said yeah, but if I want to leave before my contract is up, I am penalized $90 more with Telus. He said I can apply a $100 credit to your account. I said yes, and he put a note on my account. So it kicks in when I go to pickup phone I think. Going into store in an hour.
    Is it a credit to your bill or a credit towards the phone when you pick it up?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:58 AM
    bill. So still same price up front, but the $100 will show up on bill.
    aspurrell likes this.
    11-06-15 10:06 AM
    There was nothing to see in that post you mentioned, maybe because I'm still on BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:10 AM
    bill. So still same price up front, but the $100 will show up on bill.
    Just called them and they are giving me a $90 bill credit She said that she can't impact the store pricing so bill credit is the only way she can do it, so I'm not complaining.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:17 AM
    Just called them and they are giving me a $90 bill credit She said that she can't impact the store pricing so bill credit is the only way she can do it, so I'm not complaining.

Posted via CB10
    Damn I was unsuccessful in getting the credit. I was told due to the chance you could just up and leave after buying the phone outright.

(Called the 1-866-number if it makes a difference)

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:04 AM
    Yeah, I agreed to renew, and was not buying outright, so maybe that is the difference,
    11-06-15 11:08 AM
    Yeah, I agreed to renew, and was not buying outright, so maybe that is the difference,
    Funny I am buying outright and got the credit. I have a grandfathered 5GB plan that can't be renewed.

I didn't even need to fight for it, I just told her that the outright price was much higher than I thought and that as a long term client I was wondering if there was anything she could do to help me. She put me on hold and came back a minute later, she said that we don't normally do this but here's a $90 credit to recognize you as a good customer.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:21 AM
    Customer duration may have been part of it too I guess. I have been a customer since '08. You should check, they are letting me renew my 5GB plan, but I think the rep said something about it being SK specific. Carriers all have special rules here in order to compete with SaskTel.
    11-06-15 11:24 AM
    I'm in Ottawa, Ontario so perhaps location is a factor. Think I've been with them at least 7 years, lost track lol. Also tried to go the live chat route and ended up back on the phone with CS... still no credit but at this point I can get the 2 year renewal for 310$ and only have to add 5$ to my current 6gb plan. Think that's about as good as it'll get for me if I want it today. (Gotta have it first day... )

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:53 AM
    part of it too I guess. I have been a customer since '08. You should check, they are letting me renew my 5GB plan, but I think the rep said something about it being SK specific. Carriers all have special rules here in order to compete with SaskTel.
    Sometimes I just wished we have a strong 4th carrier in Ontario.
    11-06-15 11:57 AM
    Both Telus here in Northern Alberta have 1 available and both sold. Also no working display model. I'm curious as I don't know who sets up launch dates but who dropped the ball on this one? (both these locations are top selling Telus locations here in Alberta)

I did in fact get my hands on a working model and wow... it's light and thin. But it's going to take awhile to get used to Android.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:10 PM
    [QUOTE=lyricidal;12049357]I'm in Ottawa, Ontario so perhaps location is a factor. Think I've been with them at least 7 years, lost track lol. Also tried to go the live chat route and ended up back on the phone with CS... still no credit but at this point I can get the 2 year renewal for 310$ and only have to add 5$ to my current 6gb plan. Think that's about as good as it'll get for me if I want it today. (Gotta have it first day... )

Posted via CB10

How are you seeing it at $310. Nothing for me on telus

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:17 PM
    once again:
    Crackberry Forums Message
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    11-06-15 12:25 PM
    once again:
    Crackberry Forums Message
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    Dunno why not working but:

Exclusive offer: $100 savings + we'll waive your previous Device Balance.
    Save $100 on the retail price of your device and we'll waive your previous Device Balance when you renew on a 2-year term.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:06 PM
    Hmmmm, nope nothing like that for me. Possibly because I don't have a device balance I have a "grey market" device as telus likes to call it, a shop BlackBerry z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:35 PM
    Hmmmm, nope nothing like that for me. Possibly because I don't have a device balance I have a "grey market" device as telus likes to call it, a shop BlackBerry z30.

Posted via CB10
    As do I with the PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2789 from ShopBB, I'm just gonna take it and run with it though lol

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:36 PM
    Wow. Not even 10 years of loyalty can get me a deal. Guess it is only for priv eledged

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:55 PM
119 ... 345