Here's the opinion of one of the most popular Smartphone/tech channels on youtube of Sliding out keyboards.... well the Venice pretty much.

Blackberry stuff starts at 3:50min
    09-21-15 10:28 PM
    Some good things about the slider for sure, good watch. Thanks for posting.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 10:33 PM
    Some good things about the slider for sure, good watch. Thanks for posting.

Posted via CB10
    More positive feedback, and sure we will be seing a positive review for the device from this channel and Pocketnow aswell wich have tones of views
    09-21-15 10:37 PM
    Lots of positive comments in the comments section. This phone might seriously disrupt the Android landscape if, but only if, BlackBerry does not botch the launch.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 12:21 AM
    After seeing comments like that, again and again (cf. Why the BlackBerry Venice might just be my next phone | Pocketnow and Blackberry Venice: Hardware Keyboard Done Right at the Perfect Time - XDA Forums ) I really do not understand how some people on this forum do not think this is a good idea.

I understand that it is frustrating that BlackBerry is not making a phone for you. Every person on this forum has already bought into BB10. This phone is not for those people, it is for a large crowd out there that could not.

I understand the fear that BB10 might go away, it is something we love and need. But, if BlackBerry went out of business, we would not get any more handsets with BB10 either.

I feel confident that BB10 will stick around. BlackBerry will sell secured android + BES12 to those wanting BOYD, and BB10 to those needing ultra-secure certified COBO. Yes, the runtime will probably be gone, but those devices will not run leisure apps anyway. When developers no longer think BlackBerry will go out of business, some can be convinced or bribed to build native apps, and in the long term BB10 can become viable for consumers again.

BlackBerry needs to maintain QNX for their IoT strategy, and have already invested to get BB10 to the maturity it has (which is pretty good). They will not just drop that investment, owning your own OS and app store is just too advantageous in the long term.
    wincyUt, Joao Oliveira and earlym like this.
    09-22-15 02:51 AM
    I have noticed a change in tone in a lot of websites like technobuffalo, I found editors on that site to generally be alright in showing the good things of bb10, but comments always bashed BlackBerry... now with the Venice and android the comments went really positive to BlackBerry

Unless you go to mobile syrup and they just keep reusing the same old "no native app" even though that doesn't apply to the Venice lol

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 04:36 AM
    After seeing comments like that, again and again (cf. Why the BlackBerry Venice might just be my next phone | Pocketnow and Blackberry Venice: Hardware Keyboard Done Right at the Perfect Time - XDA Forums ) I really do not understand how some people on this forum do not think this is a good idea.
    There is another article . . .

http://n4bb.com/5-reasons-blackberry...-devices-2015/

Posted via CB10
    ivantoothache and wincyUt like this.
    09-22-15 07:28 AM
    I think the sad thing is none of this hype would exist if the venice was BB10..
    astrodan13 and Joao Oliveira like this.
    09-22-15 07:29 AM
    Yes, I think everyone on this forum can agree to this.
    09-22-15 07:31 AM
    The main body of the device stays still and the thin bit with the screen on it slides up. Not really a slide out keyboard. The bit you hold stays still and there is a slide up screen. I think that makes all the difference when it comes to the balance of the device in your hand :-)
    09-22-15 07:43 AM
    Most BB diehard fans maybe in denial; I totally agree with everything the techno guy said. I can't wait to get this Slider too. Slider + SE Passport = DEADLY COMBO!!
    09-22-15 08:05 AM
    Technobuffalo has 1,000,000+ followers on YouTube... this is great PR for BlackBerry without paying a single penny. Like!
    09-22-15 08:30 AM
    I Agree. I would rather keep using BB10, but it's coming down to a time that I don't believe in the BB10 project anymore. It just never gained traction and I feel it.

One of my favourite things about BB10 is the Hub, but these days, when someone sends me a text on Facebook or Viber, because i'm forced to use Android app, I don't get the message on the hub wich is annoying, so I can't take full advantage of the Hub wich is a shame.

The 2 things that kept me with BB10 was the Pkb and the Hub, the Androidberry is having both, so i'll give it a try. And with such powerfull hardwere these days, Android isn't as clunky and laggy as it used to be.
    09-22-15 09:06 AM
    Here is the thing. Android reviewers love to rip phones apart. So if they open an app and it lags for a second, or if it has a smaller battery than the competition you quickly see reviews copying each other. A week later every review on the net says

Cons:
    Poor battery life
    Overcost
    Sluggish performance
    Weak battery life

Even if it is totally false. I don't trust android reviewers. They are often afraid to post differing thoughts for fear of getting review wrong, they have to conform because they make money reviewing.

We are trusting positive reviews to the same people who ripped the Passport apart.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 09:49 AM