Hey guys, for a few months now, I have had to remove Google for it to update on a Priv.
    However Oct 23rd patch set, Google simply will not update. I go through the update process,
    auto reboot and Play Store still says it needs to update.

Have any of you seen this?

The only particularity is that Google or any other app are not allow the microphone.
    But all updates were fine up to now. Had the phone for a year now.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    10-25-18 03:28 PM
    Yes this morning and a few times when updating the Google app. This morning I selected to update the Google app on its own and what I tend to do to try and avoid any issues is keep the Priv active whilst it updates (not sure if this helps or not) . However, on this occasion after about twenty minutes the Priv rebooted and the Google app hadn't updated. The second time I tried it was successful. Updating the Google app for some reason has become a pain in the rear because in my experience you can't just leave it to get on with it.
    ewedel2 likes this.
    10-26-18 05:28 AM
    I had the same issue for some time. The following helped me:
    1) leave the Google Play Store as the only open application
    2) remove all updates of the "Google" application (Settings --> Apps --> Google --> "Remove updates from the three dots menu")
    3) switch to Google Play Store and press the "Update" button

I noted that the size of the Google app reduced by around 10% as compared to the state before updating this way.
    10-29-18 12:37 PM
    note that the problem resolved itself today with the Oct 31st version of Google...
    10-31-18 06:26 PM
    Have also been having this issue for a few months. Latest I saw in the store was Oct 24th, but figured I'd try again using Asdic Ping's "keep it active" suggestion. In my case I simply went to settings and changed the display timeout to 30 minutes. And happy to report that the google app _finally_ updated itself. No phone reboot during upgrade either (always seemed more like a crash reboot anyway).
    11-04-18 02:28 PM