Back in the days, around BlackBerry's Legacy OS6 they stepped away from a feature that I really liked. The so called "Holster Profiles".

You where able to select the volume levels depending on the phone being holstered or not. This enabled you to let in ring subtle while the device was outside your pocket on your workdesk for example. And ring loud while it was in your pocket.

I've managed this behavior by using a profile that monitors the "Proximity Sensor" state. And additionally added a WiFi context to only go loud while I'm not on a WiFi connection from home or the office. And the add an "Active" and "Exit" task to the profile running the actions you want it to run. You could also disable stuff like GPS and such while the profile is active.

[Launch Spotify while entering your Car]
    I've also added a profile that opens up Spotify while your phone is connected to my cars BlueTooth. However I'm not using the "Open App" Task for this, but instead using "Browse URL". Normally Spotify will open without an active Playlist, so hitting the play button from tasker, of your BlueTooth Carkit, won't actually play a song. Opening an URL to your favorite Playlist, of your "Starred" list, and map this request to open in Spotify within your Browser will actually select the Playlist and enable you to automatically play it trough Tasker or hit the play button in your car.

Hopefully some of you also have similar profiles to share that might even bring back some of the Legacy BlackBerry features that have been missing from older BlackBerry OS'.

Posted trough CB for BlackBerry Priv
    01-21-16 02:56 PM
    I haven't used Tasker on the Priv (or any phone, for that matter,) but I did use Llama on a previous Android phone. And it was awesome. BBOS had a 'Phone Calls Only' profile that I was able to recreate with Llama. There was a weird error that would always pop up noting that Android 4.0+ did not allow the ringer and notification volumes to be different, but I ignored it and it would work. Then I was able to trigger this profile when my headphones would be connected to the phone, or at night, for example.

Since I haven't used Tasker, I don't know what all it can do. I have heard it's quite similar (and perhaps superior) to Llama. Here's an AC mega thread about Llama; it may give you some ideas to explore: Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    01-21-16 07:26 PM
    Well, it has nothing to do with the older days of BBOS, but there have been quite a few hidden gem threads involving Tasker's magical abilities.

I created a thread with a tutorial on how to use a virtual keyboard of your choosing when the phone is slid closed, and then automatically switch back to the BB keyboard while using the physical keyboard so that you can still use the swiping suggestions with the physical keyboard.
    This way I can use my beloved and highly-customized-to-my-liking SwiftKey when my phone is closed, and still use the physical keyboard's nifty swiping features when the phone is open.

Another user created a thread where they made the phone answer the call when slid open, but end the call and return to the homescreen when the phone was slid closed.

Anyway, as I said, these aren't related to BBOS, but perhaps someone will still find them useful.
    Both Tasker and Llama are magical.
    Last edited by Jonneh; 01-21-16 at 10:01 PM. Reason: added link to other thread
    jm1219 likes this.
    01-21-16 09:06 PM
    This thread isn't necessarily meant to add features from BBOS so keep the awesomeness floating in =). All tips are welcome.

Do you perhaps have any thought if there is a feature similar toch "Device Lock", but without the activation of the "Image Lock Screen". I have a Pebble that bypasses this screen while connected when using the standby button on the left, but using the " Device Lock" option in Tasker it still automatically locks down.

01-22-16 12:19 AM
    Apps like Tasker is the really pull for me to get a Priv.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    01-22-16 12:55 AM
    i like to share the profile i did with tasker. posted on mobile but didnt work.

FUNCTION: lock phone when physical keyboard closes.
    TASKER: set profile "keyboard out" make it "invert" so the profile changes to "not keyboard out" add the task "system lock" and done !

FUNCTION: my favourite, play sounds when open/close the physical keyboard/slider. i made it play the open and close lightsaber sounds so that is pretty neat for star war fans or in general.
    TASKER: set the following 2 profile, "keyboard out" and "not keyboard out" with their corrosponding task "play ringtone", search the desire mp3 from there and make sure it is set it to notification style that way it won't play when your phone is on silent/vibrate. if you set it to media style, it will play the sound even if your phone notification is off and it will defeat the purpose of having the phone on quiet mode. and done !
    01-22-16 01:14 AM
    Nice . Will put this on rip and tricks thread too

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eries-1046957/
    Last edited by zocster; 01-22-16 at 09:12 PM.
    01-22-16 01:17 AM
    This thread isn't necessarily meant to add features from BBOS so keep the awesomeness floating in =). All tips are welcome.

Do you perhaps have any thought if there is a feature similar toch "Device Lock", but without the activation of the "Image Lock Screen". I have a Pebble that bypasses this screen while connected when using the standby button on the left, but using the " Device Lock" option in Tasker it still automatically locks down.

When referring to device lock, you're speaking of within Tasker, right? I'm not certain I understand the question, but I do have an OG Moto 360 which keeps my phone unlocked as well, so I might be able to try something and help.
    01-23-16 08:51 AM
    When referring to device lock, you're speaking of within Tasker, right? I'm not certain I understand the question, but I do have an OG Moto 360 which keeps my phone unlocked as well, so I might be able to try something and help.
    Yes. This is also happening with when you use the default Device Lock Shortcut icon within the widget area.

01-23-16 12:01 PM
    Yes. This is also happening with when you use the default Device Lock Shortcut icon within the widget area.

I've tried fiddling around with it and looking, but I'm really not sure. :-\ Wish I could help more. There's a Mobile Nations user by the name of plenTpak who is very good with Tasker and they might be able to help, if you're willing to hunt them down. They're very kind and responsive to PMs.
    (I say Mobile Nations since they are on, at the very least, CB and AC).
    01-24-16 12:25 AM
    I've found a way to get Spotify to play an Playlist Folder by using the AutoInput Tasker Plugin. However I got my PDAir Flip Case including the sleep magnet and the Auto Unlock option won't work while the magnet is close to the screen so this won't work anymore.

Never got the "Send Intent" Widget way to work on Android Lollipop.
    01-27-16 02:59 AM

TASKER: set profile "keyboard out" make it "invert" so the profile changes to "not keyboard out" add the task "system lock" and done !

FUNCTION: my favourite, play sounds when open/close the physical keyboard/slider. i made it play the open and close lightsaber sounds so that is pretty neat for star war fans or in general.
    TASKER: set the following 2 profile, "keyboard out" and "not keyboard out" with their corrosponding task "play ringtone", search the desire mp3 from there and make sure it is set it to notification style that way it won't play when your phone is on silent/vibrate. if you set it to media style, it will play the sound even if your phone notification is off and it will defeat the purpose of having the phone on quiet mode. and done !
    Could you please tell me how to Chose the "Custom Ringtone" for Keyboard sliding. I created a task for Playing Ringtone but don't no how to Select ringtone to play. Please guide me ...

Thanks
    01-28-16 09:59 AM
    Could you please tell me how to Chose the "Custom Ringtone" for Keyboard sliding. I created a task for Playing Ringtone but don't no how to Select ringtone to play. Please guide me ...

Thanks
    Put the custom ringtone in the ringtone folder so when you press the magnifine glass(search) in tasker to easily locate it directly.
    01-29-16 07:42 AM
    Put the custom ringtone in the ringtone folder so when you press the magnifine glass(search) in tasker to easily locate it directly.
    Great - Thanks ...

I have another instance in mind ... Is it possible to some how enable Physical Keyboard Keypress Tones using Tasker ? i tried downloading AutoInput Plugin but couldn't get it working. For Virtual Keyboard there in a built in option but for Physical Keyboard there isn't any option. Any Ideas ?

Thanks
    01-29-16 10:58 PM
    Great - Thanks ...

I have another instance in mind ... Is it possible to some how enable Physical Keyboard Keypress Tones using Tasker ? i tried downloading AutoInput Plugin but couldn't get it working. For Virtual Keyboard there in a built in option but for Physical Keyboard there isn't any option. Any Ideas ?

Thanks
    User "plenTpak" was able to do this using Tasker but it didn't work very well; the sounds only worked sporadically, and it lagged the entire keyboard down significantly. It was scrapped.
    01-29-16 11:09 PM
    User "plenTpak" was able to do this using Tasker but it didn't work very well; the sounds only worked sporadically, and it lagged the entire keyboard down significantly. It was scrapped.
    Hahha - You mentioned "plenTpak" was able to do it - thats why i quoted him in another thread and asked the same question directly. i thought he just might have an update on it ...
    01-30-16 12:26 AM
    Hahha - You mentioned "plenTpak" was able to do it - thats why i quoted him in another thread and asked the same question directly. i thought he just might have an update on it ...
    Ah, my bad! But in my post I also let you know it was scrapped. It didn't work well using Tasker due to the induced lag while typing. So, there's no update on it. Anyway, I'll let plenTpak speak for themselves.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-30-16 12:29 AM
    Can we use tasker to "Kill the recent app List"? I have tried to implement solutions available online but they all nees the device to be rooted. Has anyone been able to achieve it on the Priv?
    02-06-16 02:36 PM
    I created a profile to set ringers loud while the screen is off , quiet while the screen is on an silent while the physical keyboard is out, also Spotify launch with Bluetooth,
    FF22 likes this.
    09-29-16 12:50 PM

That's a good one. I have mine set to play the Star Trek communicator tone when the pkb is slid open and closed. Pretty cool and bystanders get a kick out of it. I was previously using the sound of a creaky metal door, which was entertaining as well but prefer the communicator.

Not really applicable to this thread though because I did my slider tones with an app named uniquely Slider Sound, made just for the Priv. I like the versatility of picking my sounds directly from my music folder on my SD card. Tasker sounds interesting, I'll check it out.

"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong"
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 09-29-16 at 06:46 PM.
    09-29-16 06:34 PM