So what was your lame excuse for taking the plunge?

Everyone at times has a strange way of justifying a purchase.

For me it was the dating apps. Lol. (keeping an edge as a single guy)

That's my story.

Posted via CB10
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    12-13-15 02:11 PM
    And you needed a $700 android device for these dating apps?

You could have spent $60 on a BLU device or even $100 on a Moto E.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    12-13-15 02:26 PM
    And you needed a $700 android device for these dating apps?

You could have spent $60 on a BLU device or even $100 on a Moto E.

No. However as the original post states. It's about the strange ways we justify a purchase

I don't feel 700$US is a lot to drop on a device. Apple products cost more and IMHO are junk.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 02:28 PM
    No. However as the original post states. It's about the strange ways we justify a purchase

I don't feel 700$US is a lot to drop on a device. Apple products cost more and IMHO are junk.

Posted via CB10
    Alright agreed on that.

I haven't yet. Still using my trusty ol' Z30.

I'm waiting to hear from BlackBerry how well it's actually selling and if they actually integrate things into the hub.

12-13-15 04:35 PM
    I carry two devices the Priv being the main device and apple 6s as a secondary. The Priv was well worth the money I spent just can't wait for the updates.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-13-15 04:43 PM
    I was just bored with my BB10 Passport and wanted something new.

Usually only keep a phone for about 12 months max.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    12-13-15 04:58 PM
    I'd like to think that mine was more of a valid reason than a lame excuse! I love BB10 but I was just getting tired of not having apps, not having integration, and having to choose between my traditional BlackBerry keyboard and my screen size. It's been better than I hoped for. I've been using the voice controls constantly. The dictation is incredibly accurate and the search functions are very intuitive. Despite all the fear-mongering of some people, I found that everything works, works well, and is lightning fast. No, I'm not enthusiastic about Google seeing everything I do and knowing everything about me, that's the downside. But I'm a bit sad now to realize how much functionality I've been missing all this time. I wish BlackBerry could have done this on their own operating system, because I still prefer BB10 for navigation, but its too late for that. This phone just does everything a smartphone should do, and I guess I was tired of not having that. By the way this entire reply was dictated without a single mistake. I haven't tapped a single key.

Posted on my Android M Priv Silver Edition
    12-13-15 06:38 PM
    Ok one mistake I'd never leave out an apostrophe with my own fingers!

Posted on my Android M Priv Silver Edition
    12-13-15 06:41 PM
    Haven't taken the plunge yet, waiting for marshmellow to be released. - But i am extremely happy to see the camera app has gotten quite a bit better since release, my friend at work has a Priv.

Also have to recover after spending way too much on christmas presents lol.
    12-13-15 07:07 PM
    My Motorola RAZR HD wasn't going to be getting updates past Kitkatt, was getting slow and had poor battery life, even with a new battery installed. The poor thing was going downhill fast, so a new phone was rather urgent. I wanted to have something that would get updates for at least the next 3 years and voila!, the Priv was announced. It's the most secure Android platform in full production and my clients like to see my equipment as being secure. I'm a physical & operational security consultant with some govt. clients, so it's a bit of an issue.
    I'm pretty happy with the build quality, battery life and Android 'L' features. I look forward to the BB 'M' Android release as yet another improvement to my communications security and functionality.
    12-13-15 07:27 PM
    Too many mistakes on a touch keyboard. Needed my BB physical keyboard back.

Starbucks app is a frequent flyer with me.

Had $60 worth of rewards points I had to use up before my phone provider discontinued the program.
    12-13-15 10:55 PM
    I had a Z10 since launch. My battery life was horrible, even with the extra battery and a charger. My parents decided to buy me the Priv as a belated birthday gift, but on plan. Paid $300 for it, and I have been on carrier plan since 2008, so it's not like I anchored myself with it.
    12-13-15 11:37 PM