..Lewis Hamilton's dad uses a Priv too so despite the no nougat palava, you're in good company. I mean, he's only like the dad to possibly the greatest f1 driver there ever was.

Plus.. the kid is cute.

Image credits: @lewishamilton on Instagram.
    Attached Thumbnails Take heart BlackBerry PRIV owners. at least..-75903.jpg  
    09-12-17 02:17 AM
    I bet he doesn't even care what Android version his Priv has.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-12-17 02:27 AM
    I bet he doesn't even care what Android version his Priv has.
    He's smart. It's only us nerds that make noise about all that irrelevant stuff when in the real world. However.. That's just my view. No disrespect to the nerds. I'm one too.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-12-17 02:38 AM
    Thanks for posting. I thought I was possibly the only one who caught that lol

Posted via CB10
    09-12-17 02:41 AM
    Priv runs great on MM. No Nougat is fine for me.
    TLSTWIN likes this.
    09-12-17 03:34 AM
    Priv runs great on Nougat, but it sure would have been nice to have it. Oh well, such is life. You win some and you lose some. The device is a win, but will soon be EOL for security patches. Oh to have someone build an updated and improved Priv on Oreo with 6 gb of ram, 835 processor (or whatever is the next generation one), fingerprint sensor, and a non-creaky back. I think that would sell. Sadly the Priv sold but had lot of returns due to lag and heating issues on Lollipop.
    09-12-17 08:17 AM
    I am hanging onto PRIV until I am forced to go to Keyone. It's a winner in my book!
    09-12-17 11:15 AM
    Priv runs great on MM. No Nougat is fine for me.
    Same for me. M does everything I need it to and it's not like any apps will stop being supported anytime soon. Most apps have a minimum of 4.4.4. .

One of the reasons why I wanted the Priv to get Nougat was for security patching. Google will eventually stop giving security patches for Marshmallow. So would have been nice to keep those going. I think we are good until the end of 2018 though.

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    09-12-17 01:26 PM
    One of the reasons why I wanted the Priv to get Nougat was for security patching. Google will eventually stop giving security patches for Marshmallow. So would have been nice to keep those going. I think we are good until the end of 2018 though.
    Now that 8 September has passed and with the recent Nougat news, I'd be happier if you didn't make predictions Matty!
    But agree that if you got a good Priv, it's a brilliant device, especially at current pricing.
    A real shame if support stops after 2 years.
    09-13-17 05:31 AM
    ..Lewis Hamilton's dad uses a Priv too so despite the no nougat palava, you're in good company. I mean, he's only like the dad to possibly the greatest f1 driver there ever was.
    Very nice. The phone is probably a freebie hand-me-down from when BlackBerry sponsored Mercedes Formula One team. Believe this ended just after Priv was released.
    09-13-17 05:37 AM
    Then again Microsoft had to security patch windows versions that it had officially dropped support for.....because? millions were still using that version....and I imagine someone nudged them to do it. Google may down the road be forced into the same kinds of things.
    09-13-17 08:59 PM
    Now that 8 September has passed and with the recent Nougat news, I'd be happier if you didn't make predictions Matty! But agree that if you got a good Priv, it's a brilliant device, especially at current pricing.
    A real shame if support stops after 2 years.
    Haha, what's wrong with my predictions. I guess I'll have to predict that Android Oreo will never come to the Priv. Like no chance. There we go, now we should get Oreo haha.

Here is my next prediction. BlackBerry "krypton" launches with 7.1.1 in October and "Juno" launching with Android Oreo. Let's see what happens. It's all just for fun predicting things.

Theicecreamman likes this.
    09-13-17 10:09 PM
    devices running marshmallow will be supported for a very long time, at least 2 more years and that's huge in device terms. there are more devices running marshmallow than nougat. mid level devices are just starting to roll out nougat and it will take over a year to transition and even then marshmallow will still be going. Most people, unless you own a pixel device won't even know the difference between the two os'
    09-14-17 05:24 AM

Plus.. the kid is cute.

Image credits: @lewishamilton on Instagram.
    How did he take that picture?
    09-14-17 11:54 AM
    How did he take that picture?
    He was using a device that had a camera. Saved the photo then using a device with Internet capabilities, uploaded it to Instagram. . Lol on a serious note, I'm sure it was just someone there with him. Not likely there was a huge mirror on the plane in front of his seat.

09-14-17 02:14 PM
    losers
    09-15-17 06:24 PM