Hi,
    I recently purchased an AT&T unlocked Priv after years of being an Apple fanboy. I am trying to update to Marshmallow but nothing is working.

I have the correct autoloader, downloaded twice to ensure it wasn't corrupted. Both the sim and SD card are removed. Have swapped between different USB ports and the drivers are installed.

Every time I run the autoloader through Terminal (using a mac), I get a message along the lines of "This autoloader is not valid for this device, the device variant detected is common." I have searched high and low for what this means, but have not been able to find anything. I have also tried to run the common autoloader and it starts but after a few lines of code it stops.

Really not sure what I should do.

Thanks for reading.
    09-19-16 03:43 AM
    I think you purchased us unlocked one...
    Try non carrier version autoloader...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-19-16 04:30 AM
    Your device has ATT logo at the back?
    09-19-16 04:40 AM
    Hi,
    I recently purchased an AT&T unlocked Priv after years of being an Apple fanboy. I am trying to update to Marshmallow but nothing is working.

I have the correct autoloader, downloaded twice to ensure it wasn't corrupted. Both the sim and SD card are removed. Have swapped between different USB ports and the drivers are installed.

Every time I run the autoloader through Terminal (using a mac), I get a message along the lines of "This autoloader is not valid for this device, the device variant detected is common." I have searched high and low for what this means, but have not been able to find anything. I have also tried to run the common autoloader and it starts but after a few lines of code it stops.

Really not sure what I should do.

Thanks for reading.

You should only download the At&t Marshmallow autoloader for your At&t unlocked Priv. If that's what you did and it's not working then go out an buy you the cheapest At&t Go Sim and update via Wifi.
    09-19-16 08:35 AM
    Have you installed the priv usb drivers? You can find them on the blackberry's site.
    09-19-16 07:29 PM
    All drivers are installed and yes it is an AT&T phone, problem is I live in Australia. What an absolute headache.
    09-27-16 12:54 AM
    If it's password protected you'll need to remove it to flash using the autoloader
    09-27-16 01:18 AM
    Try this: Instal Blackberry priv Non US Carrier autolo… | BlackBerry Priv
    I have now updated my Priv on AAG 202.
    Perfect and without reworking ....
    10-03-16 07:46 AM