AT&T put a sticker price of $739.99 on this phone unlocked. If you go with a two-year contract, it's $249.99, and their cheapest Next plan with the Priv is ~$25/month. Of course being America, these pricings do not include taxes and fees.

So, that's $40+ more over Shop BlackBerry. Good news is this price is equal to the LG v10 through AT&T and bests both the iPhone 6S base model and Galaxy S6 Edge by $50.

Not posting to contest the price, but it will be a turn off to many average joe's and jane's. This is more or less a heads up and if you are in the U.S. and can wait, it would be cheaper to buy through Shop BlackBerry. Also, if the Priv comes to Verizon, expect similar prices.
    11-06-15 09:55 AM
    but you get that paying over time no? When buying direct you gotta fork that out immediately?
    11-06-15 10:01 AM
    AT&T put a sticker price of $739.99 on this phone unlocked. If you go with a two-year contract, it's $249.99, and their cheapest Next plan with the Priv is ~$25/month. Of course being America, these pricings do not include taxes and fees.

So, that's $40+ more over Shop BlackBerry. Good news is this price is equal to the LG v10 through AT&T and bests both the iPhone 6S base model and Galaxy S6 Edge by $50.

Not posting to contest the price, but it will be a turn off to many average joe's and jane's. This is more or less a heads up and if you are in the U.S. and can wait, it would be cheaper to buy through Shop BlackBerry. Also, if the Priv comes to Verizon, expect similar prices.
    The cheapest next plan has you paying 749.99 over 30 months I believe.... average Joe will find it easier to afford tax up front then payements of under 30 bucks a month vs paying 749.99 plus tax right away

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:03 AM
    but you get that paying over time no? When buying direct you gotta fork that out immediately?
    You can choose to pay over time or just pay the entire price up front. His point is that it's $50 cheaper to buy it outright on ShopBlackberry as opposed to buying it outright in an AT&T store.
    11-06-15 10:07 AM
    You can choose to pay over time or just pay the entire price up front. His point is that it's $50 cheaper to buy it outright on ShopBlackberry as opposed to buying it outright in an AT&T store.
    Ah overshot that part. Must be the box! or may be the convenience of having it on the day.
    11-06-15 10:10 AM

America? New name for United States. Teasing you as Canadians call it the US (not America) as we happen to be a part of North America .

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-06-15 10:10 AM
    I think the price point is right on. Doing sales for a living I know that most American consumers are more concerned with affordable payments than overall price. Also, the average consumer uses the price tag as one factor to determine how good the product is. Which is why I believe that being right in line with the newest galaxies and iPhones on att next is exactly where BlackBerry wants to be.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:17 AM
    If you can afford to buy the phone out right its cheaper to do a 2 year contract then pay it off. 250 for the phone plus 325 earlier cancellation fee plus 45 activation fee plus tax will depend on where you live plus 1 month to pay for the line is 35 which I dont know if you will be charged for the whole month cause you can cancel the line right when you pay it off your looking at
    250+325+45+35+ tax my area 15.62 when I bought mine from att total 670.62
    and you might be able to get them to waive the activate fee.
    11-06-15 10:17 AM
    If you can afford to buy the phone out right its cheaper to do a 2 year contract then pay it off. 250 for the phone plus 325 earlier cancellation fee plus 45 activation fee plus tax will depend on where you live plus 1 month to pay for the line is 35 which I dont know if you will be charged for the whole month cause you can cancel the line right when you pay it off your looking at
    You've left out one factor. The line fee on contract is around $15/mo higher than the line fee for next or byod. That makes the contract deal the most expensive way to get it. Only viable if one has neither the cash to buy it outright or the credit score for att next.

*edit* I missed the part of your post where you said kill the contract and just pay the early termination fee. If it's really only $325 that the sneaky clever cheapest way to go.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:23 AM
    The pricing on ATT has been discussed in another thread and with the right plan (2-yr contract + if your current plan's monthly payment is $25) the price is actually $90 cheaper than ShopBB. Otherwise buy from ShopBB or B&H hopefully cutting down the tax.
    11-06-15 10:24 AM
    purchased it at at&t and it is 739 off contract
    11-06-15 10:51 AM
    America? New name for United States. Teasing you as Canadians call it the US (not America) as we happen to be a part of North America .

BlackBerry Priv!!
    Hahaha, yeah. It's a bit ego centric.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:19 AM
    So in Cobb county, GA, it would be $783.34, with tax. Bloody expensive.
    I'm still on the fence.

purchased it at at&t and it is 739 off contract
    11-06-15 12:21 PM
    also to add you buy out right or next you pay tax on full phone 2 year you pay tax on the 250 thats it
    11-06-15 12:26 PM
    also to add you buy out right or next you pay tax on full phone 2 year you pay tax on the 250 thats it
    2-year the tax is still on $740 based on the numbers from my online order

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:45 PM
    really with tax i paid 269.19 for the phone on a 2 year should the tax be like $55 if they tax the whole amount or am I thinking of this wrong
    11-06-15 01:59 PM
    Sounds like a great save, that's cheaper than at BlackBerry shop!!
    Although you have to swallow a hard credit check if you walk in and buy on contract. Even if you pay cancellation fee and do the whole thing in store. I suppose, if not please let me know

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 11:35 AM