I have been with Verizon since 2008, when I got my first smartphone (BlackBerry Pearl). I always scoffed at switching to AT&T because the coverage is junk in the entire USA.

But I got tired of the 2nd rate BlackBerry options over the years. No Torch. No Passport... Heck the Pearl was not what I really wanted. I wanted a Curve.

I still can't fathom why BlackBerry thinks AT&T actually is legit option for the USA.

So I ported my number just to try AT&T for myself and get a Blackberry Priv. Great device! I love it!

Coverage is of course is as expected... Junk!

So my 14 day trial is about up. I sent the phone back today and switched back to the only legitimate option in the USA. Verizon.

I guess I will be paying out somewhere around $30 to $45 to AT&T for the privilege, haha, to test the Priv.

Verizon waved the $20 sign up charge. They even were going to give me my unlimited back. Although I don't want to pay the extra $20 they are charging now.

But then they gave me $100 since I came back in less than 50 days! Woohoo! So I made money on the deal.

So, I am back on the mother ship Verizon. I am now just like the rest of you.

No Priv. Waiting for Verizon to release the Priv!

I can't wait! I have tasted perfection with the Priv on wifi... I can't wait to taste perfection on LTE!

Back to my trusty Z10!

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe, Lawmen23, FF22 and 2 others like this.
    11-19-15 07:33 PM
    Coverage for a carrier is different in different places. I've been on AT&T for years and I have never had any coverage problems wherever I went. If you traveled the entire nation in the 14-day trial you had the phone, you would have changed your opinion because AT&T has good coverage in a lot of places.

Besides, why did you pick up a Priv on AT&T when Verizon has already confirmed that they will carry the device?
    Last edited by CarGuy1368; 11-19-15 at 08:24 PM.
    11-19-15 07:46 PM
    I have been with Verizon since 2008, when I got my first smartphone (BlackBerry Pearl). I always scoffed at switching to AT&T because the coverage is junk in the entire USA.

But I got tired of the 2nd rate BlackBerry options over the years. No Torch. No Passport... Heck the Pearl was not what I really wanted. I wanted a Curve.

I still can't fathom why BlackBerry thinks AT&T actually is legit option for the USA.

So I ported my number just to try AT&T for myself and get a Blackberry Priv. Great device! I love it!

So my 14 day trial is about up. I sent the phone back today and switched back to the only legitimate option in the USA. Verizon.

I guess I will be paying out somewhere around $30 to $45 to AT&T for the privilege, haha, to test the Priv.

Verizon waved the $20 sign up charge. They even were going to give me my unlimited back. Although I don't want to pay the extra $20 they are charging now.

But then they gave me $100 since I came back in less than 50 days! Woohoo! So I made money on the deal.

So, I am back on the mother ship Verizon. I am now just like the rest of you.

No Priv. Waiting for Verizon to release the Priv!

I can't wait! I have tasted perfection with the Priv on wifi... I can't wait to taste perfection on LTE!

Back to my trusty Z10!

Posted via CB10
    Wow... not sure where you live... but I've traveled extensively over the east coast with AT&T... no problem at all!
    11-19-15 07:55 PM
    I have traveled over the USA and all you AT&T folks, I watch you talk on your phones. They drop your calls, and you pretend it was the other ends fault. Or you pretend you are still talking to someone even though the call dropped.

I pre ordered the Priv on the Nov 6 early in the morning. Verizon did not officially say it was coming soon until the afternoon. At that point it was already shipped.

In all seriousness just look at the AT&T 4G and LTE coverage map. It's a joke. If I want 2g dial up, sure AT&T is amazing!

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    11-19-15 08:09 PM
    I have traveled over the USA and all you AT&T folks, I watch you talk on your phones. They drop your calls, and you pretend it was the other ends fault. Or you pretend you are still talking to someone even though the call dropped.

I pre ordered the Priv on the Nov 6 early in the morning. Verizon did not officially say it was coming soon until the afternoon. At that point it was already shipped.

In all seriousness just look at the AT&T 4G and LTE coverage map. It's a joke. If I want 2g dial up, sure AT&T is amazing!

Posted via CB10
    Look... I have no loyalty to AT&T.. they're just another mega-giant corporation like the rest. I've had them for the past year and I have no complaints with their service. But..."All you AT&T folks"? What is this... High school? The day that I find it useful to have a "network carrier battle" in an online forum... I will pray for the Gods to strike me down where I stand.
    11-19-15 08:14 PM
    No issues with ATT here. I do cover all of the US. I only drop signal slightly in north Iowa and Mid Wisconsin. Not even bad for me in Utah and Colorado. Crazy how different for some folks.

 Classic 10.3.2.2789
    I am going on a year with AT&T coming from verizon for over 20 years and coverage is much better. If T-Mobile gets better I will switch to them these carriers are getting crazy with their prices. Verizon is still the most expensive carrier to date.

Posted via CB10
    light_barer likes this.
    That was a very strange assumption. Are you OK?
    BBRYQ10, CarGuy1368, ce71 and 3 others like this.
    11-19-15 08:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    I doubt anyone has ever done this in the history of mankind. Who keeps talking when no one is there?? That would be hilarious!
    ce71, mkelley65 and jmaxim917 like this.
    11-19-15 08:26 PM
    Wow, never seen such strong feelings for a phone carrier. Good for you Mr. V, glad you know what works best for you and everyone else in every part of the country.
    ce71 likes this.
    11-19-15 08:30 PM
    Hey Verizon lover. Verizon is the worst company in the world when it comes to your privacy. Look-up X-UIDH header that Verizon makes you opt out of (opt in by default). Most people (I'm sure you are one of them) don't even know anything about this and Verizon has been using this for years now. Now Verizon is going to pair up with AOL to make better use of the UIDH header to give you "more relevant ad's".
    The Verizon 4GLTE maps are pure bunk. I live in a mid sized city in Massachusetts and there are at least 3 areas near me that are only 3G. But wait, if you look at the map, the entire state of Massachusetts is all red with complete LTE coverage.
    Verizon couldn't pay ME to use them ever again.
    11-19-15 08:33 PM
    I'm very satisfied with At&t wireless. At my home and the cities I travel to coverage is good. Depending on the area I'm sure others may find Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile better.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    light_barer likes this.
    11-19-15 08:33 PM
    Actually I've never had issues with att Verizon on the other hand has always been junk.. My friend had Verizon and my phones always worked where his didnt

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    lift likes this.
    11-19-15 08:35 PM
    That was a very strange assumption. Are you OK?
    Hilarious!

BBRYQ10 and lift like this.
    11-19-15 08:38 PM
    Who keeps talking when no one is there?? That would be hilarious!
    Ops does cause it sounds like he is talking from experience. Oh also Two Priv on AT&T with no issues you speak of.
    ce71 likes this.
    11-19-15 08:47 PM
    i am with tmo and i can tell you att has good coverage. next time check your network settings.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 09:04 PM
    I stand by my statements and I am all in with them.

Also, if Apple would have released on Verizon first, we would not even be on the Priv board because Verizon made Android a contender because of the Storm flop.

Yes, Verizon is that important to win the world race for market share.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 09:14 PM
    Hey verizon and at&t dreamboys, shuddap all you calm the hell down. GLOBE TELECOM from pH is the best! 2mb/s speed, $30/month. Nothing can beat that! So shaddappp.

Posted via CB10
    defnow likes this.
    11-19-15 09:16 PM
    Picking a carrier is solely ymmv

Posted via Blackberry Priv
    11-19-15 09:33 PM
    I stand by my statements and I am all in with them.

Also, if Apple would have released on Verizon first, we would not even be on the Priv board because Verizon made Android a contender because of the Storm flop.

Yes, Verizon is that important to win the world race for market share.

Posted via CB10
    ce71 and lift like this.
    11-19-15 09:39 PM
    I'm very satisfied with At&t wireless. At my home and the cities I travel to coverage is good. Depending on the area I'm sure others may find Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile better.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    I am with Sprint. My coverage is pretty good for calls and texting, but my data is quite a bit slower than the others. The only reason I put up with it is because I can't beat the price I'm paying. I pay $50 for unlimited everything. If I could get the same thing with AT&T or Verizon, I would be with them. My data is slow, but the price makes it bearable.
    11-19-15 09:45 PM
    ATT and Rogers are the Walmart of wireless.

11-19-15 09:53 PM
    Verizon sucks. Enjoy

lift likes this.
    11-20-15 05:20 AM

Back to my trusty Z10!

Posted via CB10
    I don't believe they can hand out yet unlimited packages anymore. I have heard once that unlimited package is gone you can't get it back. Ever

So don't switch

No doubt big red rules this country is coverage.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 06:02 AM
    I doubt anyone has ever done this in the history of mankind. Who keeps talking when no one is there?? That would be hilarious!
    I actually saw someone do this sitting next to me on an airplane. It was one of those phones on the back of the seat that you use by swiping a credit card. He fumbled with it, but never quite figured out how to swipe his card. I guess he was feeling embarrassed about not knowing how to use it, and proceeded to have a pretend conversation on the phone. Not exactly the ATT dropped call scenario, but related to your comment above. :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 06:19 AM
39 12