So went to the local AT&T store and behold I actually found a demo device immediately in the store.

Not because BlackBerry posters were posted all over announcing the PRIV but more so because I figured I just had to look in THE BACK CORNER of the store. And yes there it was tucked away haha!

Never mind that the demo unit actually wasn't being powered it was just there, so after listening to the rep tell me all sorts of inaccurate info about the device like, it's running MARSHMALLOW and it has a 16MP camera, loool. Of course I'm subtle so I didn't correct him. But what I can say is that he was genuinely surprised about the device which is cool.

Minutes later he gets the whole console rewired and boots up the BlackBerry PRIV and OH MY was I impressed. I'm getting this phone. Never mind that 15 minutes into demo'ing the device the screen started to flicker and go black when switching between actions on the phone. Hmmmm reminded me of something I have experienced before on BB10s but I'm calming my mind with the fact that they probably didn't update all the updates fixes blackberry has been pushing. At least so my BlackBerry loyal heart wants to think.

Other than that I don't see myself not getting this device it feels extremely cool and different and that's what I want. Was dreading going over to the iSide!! Looks like I don't have to.

Will keep a close eyes on some more reviews and we will see.
    How are you guys out there feeling about the device

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:50 PM
    I think I'm going to cave in and get this. Currently using a Note 5. Going to demo one out at the store tomorrow and once I verify qi wireless charging works, its a go.
    11-06-15 11:53 PM
    I walked earlier today to a att store to check out the Priv... and Wow was it Sexy loved the screen and keyboard on and off the screen kind of reminded me typing on the z30... and typing on the keyboard was so accurate I loved it... and the back camera so smooth and fast and clear... front facing was perfect but slightly better then the Passport... which is good enough for me, it wasn't grainy a little more clearer. I just love this phone just can't wait for Tmobile or Verizon to carry it!!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 12:13 AM
    I think I'm going to cave in and get this. Currently using a Note 5. Going to demo one out at the store tomorrow and once I verify qi wireless charging works, its a go.
    Wow why you even considering a note 5 swap? I understand if you coming from a 4. But I personally won't be swapping my 5 with 4gb of ram to Priv?
    11-07-15 12:16 AM
    They definitely have wireless charging.. it's all on ShopBB and att site

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 12:17 AM
    Wow why you even considering a note 5 swap? I understand if you coming from a 4. But I personally won't be swapping my 5 with 4gb of ram to Priv?
    Speaker placement, BB Hub and Keyboard are why. I don't use the S Pen so its really between the Nexus 6P and Priv for me. Note 5 has been fine. Had every Note since the first one plus every other Android Flagship, Nexus and iPhone since I last used a Blackberry fullltime. I started using BB in the 7290 days and stopped with the 9780.
    11-07-15 12:22 AM
    I posted this in the other AT&T store experience thread, figure I'd repeat it here too. Not a good start.

AT&T corporate store in Springfield IL has it in Stock according to AT&T website. I went there at 4:45pm and found no demo unit.

There was no rep available to talk to either. They only had two reps. One at the counter handling a line of customers & the other talking a family through plan options. Stood around for 10 min and left.

Called the "new business" line from the website to inquire about plans (looking at leaving VZW for AT&T) and had to deal with the most laughable IVR interface. It even has keyboard clicking when the machine is interpreting your requests. Took me 13 minutes to reach a representative.

I went into a couple resellers and no luck there either.

I'm just guessing AT&T really isn't interested in new business. If this kind of crappy customer service is usual for them, I think I'll stay with VZW for now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 07:48 AM
    Nice the priv is an amazing phone.

I'm happy to see there are many in stock at AT&T stores around the city in LA

Going to check best buy next to see if there are any in stock as I'm looking to buy this weekend but off contract
    11-07-15 07:56 AM
    Was in a corporate store last night: got 2 Iphone 6S pluses and my new used Q10 activated. I happened to ask our sales person when they would get the Priv and if they would display it? SHe said, its over there!

It was and was working which was unusual for BB's at this location. While I loved the screen and was looking forward to the slider keyboard, the keyboard area seemed cramped to me????
    11-07-15 07:58 AM
    I totally agree, was going to buy it yesterday but the keyboard is just too cramped
    11-07-15 08:14 AM
    Sales people in physical stores or customer service by phone are generally morons. Don't know s hit. Often students too who only have this (part time) job to help them pay their text books or whatever.
    Specific questions often get wrongly answered, can't be answered or more often that person grabs the box and reads/"studies" the back of it while you're standing there beside him like a illiterate dork who can't read himself lol. So lame. Better to educate yourself online and that goes for any kind of electronics.

Question to the TS: if you were impressed as much as you say you were: why not grab one right then, right there?
    11-07-15 08:43 AM