Most interesting thing to me was the discovery that the device was originally supposed to retail at $849.99

AT&T priv by blackberry unboxing video I did for the community-img_20151113_124016.jpg

Https://youtu.be/gPEaE963H3A

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    11-13-15 12:09 PM
    that is an awesome thorough unboxing, good job ...
    11-13-15 12:44 PM
    Thanks zoc. It's a a really interesting device. I had to go to 4 different at&t stores this morning to find one in Orlando,FL. They were all company stores and all sold out but the last one I went to only had 2 left. The ATT people said that the only people who have bought them so far were enthusiasts who came in looking for the device. The standard each company store got was 4 as a test to see how well they sell.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 02:22 PM
    I will also add this. When I got to att, I had to wait for a rep to become available and so I checked out all the other devices while waiting. If I was not a blackberry diehard it would have been very hard for me to go through with paying the amount they are asking for the priv after spending time with the HTC one A9, LG V10 and Galaxy S6 Edge. All of which were honestly more attractive phones and considerably cheaper.

11-13-15 02:46 PM
    I will also add this. When I got to att, I had to wait for a rep to become available and so I checked out all the other devices while waiting. If I was not a blackberry diehard it would have been very hard for me to go through with paying the amount they are asking for the priv after spending time with the HTC one A9, LG V10 and Galaxy S6 Edge. All of which were honestly more attractive phones and considerably cheaper.

Edited:

I can totally relate to that. If it was about the money, it would not have been the Priv.
    11-13-15 02:49 PM

In my opinion the BlackBerry Priv is a much better looking smartphone and certainly better designed and constructed.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 02:56 PM
    In my opinion the BlackBerry Priv is a much better looking smartphone and certainly better designed and constructed.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Idk dude. Have you held them and then held the priv? I mean I still bought the priv the $780 total w tax at full retail. But to say that it is better constructed than any of those phones is almost totally insane. They all use better materials and look and feel muc more premium. Especially the LG V10

11-13-15 03:49 PM
    Great video Benjamin thanks for posting...
    11-13-15 04:09 PM
    Idk dude. Have you held them and then held the priv? I mean I still bought the priv the $780 total w tax at full retail. But to say that it is better constructed than any of those phones is almost totally insane. They all use better materials and look and feel muc more premium. Especially the LG V10

I like the feel of the Priv more than my S6 edge+, I cant stand the metal edges of the frame on my phone. I always feel like the phone is too thin, when I held the Priv at the ATT store it felt perfect, not too think or thin, using the edge tab was easier too, plus the back of the edge+ is too slippery IMO.

Thanks for the unboxing, hopefully Tmo releases the Priv soon and we get earphones, I just switched from VZW and on the Z10 I didn't get any headphones and I bought it on launch day.
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-13-15 04:31 PM
    Great video OP! One note: BlackBerry no longer has partnership in OEM with Foxconn anymore. Now the OEM is called Wistron.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 07:48 PM
    Enjoyed. Thanks. Interesting to see you flick around on the device. I can certainly discern an analog to the BB10 experience.

Bring back random taglines!
    11-13-15 09:32 PM
    Thanks for creating a video. I watched.

One thing; you can get the device multiple ways from AT&T without setting up in store. 1... just tell them you will set up at home. I've done this with an Android and with my mom's AT&T Passport leaving the screen protector on until I had a real one to replace immediately at home. Also, since my mom was having issues buying in store due to unlimited everything we ordered online to ship to house which will come wrapped with a separate new SIM card.

My mom and I went to the store Monday and immediately compared to iPhone as that's what she had before BB10 and thought the iPhone looked terrible, but thin. I told her the battery size and keyboard may have a bit to do with the Priv being thicker, but it is definitely not a thick device all things considered.

We messed around with all the new devices and I've played with the S6 Edge and Active previously as well and, all in all, we were both much more enamored by the Priv. May be a bias on my part, but mom is neutral and she liked the feel and everything on the Priv aesthetically and in hand over all of the other flagships.

She's really excited as it will be here Monday. Me... I'm mad she'll have a new BlackBerry before me (waiting on shopblackberry, almost bought AT&T one).

Again, thanks for making a video. Watched it.

Edit: Will also add that mom would not even consider iPhone due to size of device versus screen size. Huge top and bottom bezels with home button. She was really impressed with the Slider as you'd never know there's a keyboard unless you use it. Also impressed with the screen over the others. A bit surprised you weren't all that impressed. We played Britney Spears music video Toxic on them all and it was beautiful on the Priv. Brit looked hot as well :-)

Just some additional information.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 09:59 PM
    Ps: I bought my Priv from AT&T, full price. I didn't even let AT&T open the box!
    11-14-15 05:53 AM
    Ps: I bought my Priv from AT&T, full price. I didn't even let AT&T open the box!
    I'm pissed off they let you guys do this. I bought my passport full retail from a different ATT store and both times I fought with them to let me set it up and they wouldn't.

11-14-15 10:03 AM
    Most interesting thing to me was the discovery that the device was originally supposed to retail at $849.99

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151113_124016.jpg 
Views:	756 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	380426

Https://youtu.be/gPEaE963H3A

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    Great video, Jonah Hill... I mean Benjamin Black!

Via CB10 on this beast they call the Passport
    11-14-15 12:08 PM
    I'm pissed off they let you guys do this. I bought my passport full retail from a different ATT store and both times I fought with them to let me set it up and they wouldn't.

Yeah the one time with my mom when we got her Passport they were adamant that they help set it up. I asked them if they even know how to use BlackBerry 10 OS and of course they didn't. That was the end of that.

For the Android I bought it, the deal was done and it came down to telling them that I'll go get it in another store and they can cancel it. So typically they'll want to open it and mess around with it, etc.

Usually just say I'm OCD and don't want it touched and will set up and activate when I'm ready. Even with my mom's Passport we bought in store, she used her other phone until I had everything set up perfectly for her to then activate it a few days later. They gave us the device and the SIM card to activate when we were ready, but said had to do within 7 days.

I'll also tell them I have screen protectors or a skin at home and do not want it touched as I will put the protectors on immediately. Hate trying to get a smartphone screen perfect to put on a protector. Much easier to just pull of the factory sticker then apply it right away.

Also, as I wrote there's another option... you can order over the phone and have it delivered directly to your house which is what my mom just did for the Priv to keep unlimited everything and it comes boxed/sealed/fully wrapped.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 12:35 PM
    Anyway, congrats on the device though! Hope you are enjoying it. Been tempted to get one down the street at AT&T, but I'm still waiting on shopblackberry for now.

I have everything I need for it, protectors, skins, cases... just need the phone! Thanks again for making the video though :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 12:38 PM
    Great video, Jonah Hill... I mean Benjamin Black!

Via CB10 on this beast they call the Passport
    Lol do I sound like him or look like him?

11-14-15 05:57 PM
    Also, as I wrote there's another option... you can order over the phone and have it delivered directly to your house which is what my mom just did for the Priv to keep unlimited everything and it comes boxed/sealed/fully wrapped.

Posted via CB10
    If it hadn't been impulsive I doubt I would have spent almost $800 for this phone in the first place lol. Plus I have no patience and the threat to go to another store wouldn't have worked since I had already been to 3 that were sold out. Generally true but in my specific case not so much.

11-14-15 06:05 PM
    Lol do I sound like him or look like him?

I really think you sound like him
    11-14-15 09:47 PM
    Sorry to hear that...

11-15-15 10:17 AM