I'm having the same issue with my Dtek60. Doesn't work anywhere on the west coast. Gets signal for thirty seconds then loses it.
    It may be an issue with ATT. It was when I had the same issue quite a while back. They upgraded their towers and what att did caused issues with the factory locked Priv. Tweet BlackBerryHelp
    10-30-17 03:50 PM
    I think it's more systemic than that. My Q10 and son's DTEK50 and the DTEK60 we got when his 2 week old DTEK50 fell nine inches and died. BlackBerry wouldn't even pay a Penny to repair the display that broke. Unlike the dozen or more times I've dropped my Q10 onto a hardwood floor with no problems thus far (about five years ago) so that level of non-support has meant that if the DTEK60 ever dies then he'll never get another BlackBerry device no matter where it's made. And the Z10's that both wife and son started with had some of the same issues! That's why I think it isn't a problem with this specific device. After the security update for May or June (can't remember which one) her priv lost the ability to successfully connect to a WiFi network and also could no longer connect via Bluetooth to ANYTHING! At four months old it became a $500 paperweight that can make phone calls. She's very angry and wishing I never suggested that even an android BlackBerry would hopefully give her some level of security that she'd not get elsewhere. Instead she has a device that's barely useful and despite the 1 year warranty not even being half over, the only thing BlackBerry would offer was to "repair it" at a $385 cost with no warranty! I can't argue with her over it, I KN0W that I also feel ripped off by the total contempt being shown to us by BlackBerry!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    Last edited by scubafan; 11-01-17 at 10:11 PM.
    11-01-17 09:59 PM
    I think it's more systemic than that. My Q10 and son's DTEK50 and the DTEK60 we got when his 2 week old DTEK50 fell nine inches and died. BlackBerry wouldn't even pay a Penny to repair the display that broke. Unlike the dozen or more times I've dropped my Q10 onto a hardwood floor with no problems thus far (about five years ago) so that level of non-support has meant that if the DTEK60 ever dies then he'll never get another BlackBerry device no matter where it's made. And the Z10's that both wife and son started with had some of the same issues! That's why I think it isn't a problem with this specific device. After the security update for May or June (can't remember which one) her priv lost the ability to successfully connect to a WiFi network and also could no longer connect via Bluetooth to ANYTHING! At four months old it became a $500 paperweight that can make phone calls. She's very angry and wishing I never suggested that even an android BlackBerry would hopefully give her some level of security that she'd not get elsewhere. Instead she has a device that's barely useful and despite the 1 year warranty not even being half over, the only thing BlackBerry would offer was to "repair it" at a $385 cost with no warranty! I can't argue with her over it, I KN0W that I also feel ripped off by the total contempt being shown to us by BlackBerry!

I can't speak to all the other issues, but tower upgrades seemed to be legit problems last fall here in the eastern USA. My PRIV just stopped connecting to LTE and then would show low/no signal and then go "No Service". Once in that status, only fix was a reboot, but that got more and more common. It got to where reboot, good for 10-15 minutes and time for another reboot.

Temporary fix, was to change network settings and only connect as 3G-4G device without LTE. Eventually, AT&T/BlackBerry pushed out software tool and fix. It was two stage process that seemed to make device factory unlocked from carrier locked, for any future software updates. My PRIV is/was AT&T carrier locked originally.

I've not had the same problem with DTEK models, although sometimes, I do seem to lose service in places where I used to have a mediocre to poor signal but never go "No Service". It was mentioned that cause for all this was AT&T reprovisioning 2G spectrum for newer current uses.
    11-02-17 08:05 AM
    I can't speak to all the other issues, but tower upgrades seemed to be legit problems last fall here in the eastern USA. My PRIV just stopped connecting to LTE and then would show low/no signal and then go "No Service". Once in that status, only fix was a reboot, but that got more and more common. It got to where reboot, good for 10-15 minutes and time for another reboot.

Temporary fix, was to change network settings and only connect as 3G-4G device without LTE. Eventually, AT&T/BlackBerry pushed out software tool and fix. It was two stage process that seemed to make device factory unlocked from carrier locked, for any future software updates. My PRIV is/was AT&T carrier locked originally.

I've not had the same problem with DTEK models, although sometimes, I do seem to lose service in places where I used to have a mediocre to poor signal but never go "No Service". It was mentioned that cause for all this was AT&T reprovisioning 2G spectrum for newer current uses.
    ^^^This is my experience exactly.
    11-02-17 01:51 PM
    Interesting. While wife's Priv still can't connect with either WiFi or Bluetooth since an update was pushed a few months ago, with another even more aggravating issue. Whenever someone calls any of the four of us or when one of us calls the other our phone never rings about 30% if the time and is sent directly to voice mail. Since we don't get a missed call notification there's no way to ever know that someone called 11 times in six minutes! This happened to me when someone frantically kept calling me to bring some medicine. I looked at the call log on her iPhone and saw all the attempts myself! The other call issue we have is a different issue that sounds kind of like yours. We have family in a different state than we live in. For the last ten years we've been plagued with only having half a bar or rarely one bar. Sitting at the same table as four relatives who all had different phones from each other, and my daughter had the same exact galaxy as my niece. On the advice of an AT&T advanced tech, I took the SIM card from my sister's Samsung and put it into my Q10. After booting up, I magically went from the usual 0-1 bars and instead I had 4 bars! I tried making and getting calls with zero difficulty, when before the switch I could usually get a text in or out but rarely complete a call. NO other change besides the SIM card. To ensure that position wasn't part of the problem I placed both devices (one at a time) on a mark I drew so I could ensure that the phones were both in the same spot.

Of course after I discovered this critical bit of information I called BlackBerry only to be told that "wireless service is NOT 100% reliable. For years they always wanted to blame the phone, if it was more than 3 months old, and most were so biased against BlackBerry that it was especially blamed! At this point I'd point out that we've had more than 30 phones over the ten years we've used AT&T with SIX different operating systems yet somehow we ALL have the same problems??

I'm seriously thinking about switching to the straight Talk prepaid system, since it's supposed to be able to connect using either AT&T or verizon's networks. It seems like we might get better coverage compared to the horrible service compared to when we 1st signed up.

Of course, since putting in the sim card fixed that issue you' think that there must be some other settings that aren't set correctly since even after a reboot it goes back to the tiny level of low or no service. One time t was working with a better trained tech who told me that something called the VLR setting wasn't correct and it was only temporary. So I should call before a trip and he'd reset in. Fat chance that that would happen!
    So anyway the 1st time I tried calling before a family visit the tech support person at AT&T claimed to have never heard of VLR settings so I must have obviously not knowing what I was talking about...

End of thought is that we're still having all of the problems we've dealt with and as before the 1st thing AT&T "support" does is blame any issues on the cell being more than 6 months old, and even more annoying is the insisting on sticking to the script that they use (since most know nothing about tech) even when you tell them that all the steps were done BEFORE calling them. One actually told me that even if I already did all the troubleshooting, I hadn't done it with her that day! So don't hold your breath waiting for AT&T to admit anything or fix anything...

11-02-17 08:45 PM
    As of like a week I have been getting random no service messages and signal disappears on my att branded PRIV, any one else?
    11-03-17 03:06 PM
    As of like a week I have been getting random no service messages and signal disappears on my att branded PRIV, any one else?
    This was a known issue about year ago. AT&T/BlackBerry pushed out a two step patch app update. Contact BB support...
    11-03-17 03:57 PM
    This was a known issue about year ago. AT&T/BlackBerry pushed out a two step patch app update. Contact BB support...
    Yes , I was part of that patch last year, but this is a whole separate instance... this started happening about a week ago
    11-03-17 03:59 PM
    Yes , I was part of that patch last year, but this is a whole separate instance... this started happening about a week ago
    Serious question, have you moved since last year?
    11-03-17 04:32 PM
    Serious question, have you moved since last year?
    No I haven't, still in the same area
    11-03-17 04:47 PM
    I'd still go back to AT&T/BlackBerry support. Might be another patch...
    dan99x99 likes this.
    11-03-17 05:09 PM
    I was not receiving phone calls and texts. I could call out and send texts just fine. I got new SIM card and the issue was resolved for a week.

NOW I'm getting a AT&T Sign into Network notification that I have to dismiss or sometimes disappears on its own.

Phone calls and texts seem to be ok currently...

*Amazon unlocked day 1 KEYone on AT&T
    07-18-18 08:13 AM
    There is a possibility changing the SIM might fix it. they very occasionally do go bad. cutting a new Sim can also re-provision, so might be worth an attempt.

if you try this, do go to a company owned store and not an authorized retailer, which will charge you for a new SIM. usually the authorized dealers look perfectly like att stores but say authorized retailer somewhere.
    07-19-18 08:32 PM
    I had this issue for a while on my Verizon service, but it also said no Sim card. One day I switched my Sim card to my classic, and when I switched back I didn't have anymore issues. I think it was a loose Sim card.
    07-19-18 09:27 PM
1,139 ... 444546