The past 2 days I've been getting a "NO SERVICE" message on the upper left hand. Causes phone to not recieve emails, texts. Only way to fix it is to restart phone but sometimes happens again right away. About 10 times a day for past 2 days. What can I do?

Posted w/ "El Priv"
    rickkel likes this.
    09-15-16 10:51 PM
    Carrier?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 10:54 PM
    Same here. But it automaticcay be ok

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-15-16 11:18 PM
    The past 2 days I've been getting a "NO SERVICE" message on the upper left hand. Causes phone to not recieve emails, texts. Only way to fix it is to restart phone but sometimes happens again right away. About 10 times a day for past 2 days. What can I do?

Posted w/ "El Priv"
    Does this always happen in the same location? As suggested, could it be a carrier issue? Which method do you use to restart the phone?

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    09-16-16 12:13 AM
    If you have it set to lte, I'd set it to one setting "lower," such as 4g. Should have better network coverage. This may slow down your data speed, but it may be a better trade off.

09-16-16 02:17 AM
    Carrier?

Posted via CB10
    Att

Posted w/ "El Priv"
    09-16-16 07:13 AM
    Does this always happen in the same location? As suggested, could it be a carrier issue? Which method do you use to restart the phone?

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won�t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it�s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    No. It happens anywhere. Just started happening 2 days ago. It never happened before that. I hold power button a few seconds till reset menu appears then I reset. Not able to recieve or make calls when this happens.

Posted w/ "El Priv"
    09-16-16 07:15 AM
    Having the exact same problem on AT&T over the past 2 days. Tried switching network off/on via airplane mode, but the only thing that seems to work is a reboot- 4x since noon yesterday. I've been in 2 states and covered 200+ miles during that time and it's happening regardless of location- including places where I usually have good signal and connectivity.

09-16-16 08:07 AM
    Looks like they had an issue starting yesterday:

Problems at AT&T | Down Detector
    FF22 and andy957 like this.
    09-16-16 08:13 AM
    I have the same issue after update late last week.
    AT&T in store and on the phone both said the update messed up the software or something and they will have to send you a new phone.
    They said it's easier to send new phone then it is to update software WTF!

My fix until phone get in... I have to reboot, then it works.
    New phone should be in today!
    Good Luck
    Brad
    09-16-16 09:07 AM
    I am having the same issue here in Atlanta and the rep told me to go get a new sim card and if that does not work it is the phone. WTHeck!!!!!
    09-16-16 09:17 AM
    AT&T has had some national issues with their 4G service of late; I was getting repeated "data service blocked" messages which would clear on their own after anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of minutes last evening.

AT&T's "answer" is the usual "we didn't do it, point the finger somewhere else​" sort of response that comes from the carriers on a near-continual basis. Since there is never any sort of sanction for this kind of outrageous behavior and lying by big companies it will continue, and there's really not a lot you can do about it. On balance their service beats the competition where I travel and need my phone to work, so I put up with it, but I never believe a word they say when it comes to outages.
    BlackBerry_Angel and andy957 like this.
    09-16-16 09:26 AM
    I'm on AT&T in Charlotte and just noticed this morning that I'm dropping calls where I never had before (although not seeing No Service message)
    09-16-16 09:49 AM
    Just got off the phone with ATT and they told me that they have no idea that anything was going on. I directed them to this sight and the rep said "OMG" they are going to forward the issue on and they are to call me back in an hour. That means 2 days to never getting a call back.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-16-16 09:49 AM
    How about now? Still happening?

09-16-16 11:21 AM
    Guess I'll be going by an AT&T store today. I've been dealing with this since Wednesday.
    09-16-16 01:08 PM
    I have not had to reboot since this morning. Maybe they have done something.
    09-16-16 02:19 PM
    I've had this EXACT same issue with my Priv on AT&T and it started 2 days ago. Made no difference as to location. AT&T swore to me nothing was wrong on their end. BS! I reset phone cache, rebooted, new sim card, etc. Was still getting "No Service" error. Made me switch back to my trusty LG V10. I can't afford to miss text messages or calls in my line of work.

The good news is that AT&T was so apologetic, they are sending me a Microcell device for free and including free 2-day shipping. Should arrive by tomorrow. I really don't want to add something else to my home network, but it might be worth a shot. We'll see....
    09-16-16 02:54 PM
    No issues here in Denver with my AT&T service.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    09-16-16 04:00 PM
    Having same issue with AT&T Priv in Dallas area, also have iPhone 6 with AT&T and side by side iPhone is OK but Priv is hosed.

I don't get it...

09-16-16 04:06 PM
    For those who didn't see the link initially posted by zephyr613, here are the affected market areas...

zephyr613, saeengineer and H2OGuy like this.
    09-16-16 04:27 PM
    Thanks, I did not see that earlier....the odd part like I said is Priv specific for me.

AT&T iPhone 6
    OK
    AT&T Priv
    No service

Yet they are sitting next to each other.

Never seen that before.

09-16-16 04:46 PM
    I did the same thing with my Passport and PRIV with the same result

09-16-16 04:55 PM
    Maybe those Privs refuse to switch to another LTE band. I find my Priv really likes band 17. And AT&T band 17 isn't the best with coverage.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    09-16-16 07:30 PM
    Same issue. Past 2 days, get no service no matter where I am and happens seemingly randomly after its been locked in my pocket for a while. Wife's phone, an lg v10, no problems at all. I have to restart phone to correct it. This is quite frustrating.
    09-16-16 07:45 PM
1,139 123 ...