I got a text from T-Mobile yesterday saying they were discontinuing support for the Priv 1/4/2022.
    I went to the link posted in that message and found that it was only BB hosted email that will not be supported.
    BlackBerry Android devices will not be impacted by the EOL of infrastructure services unless they are receiving redirected email sent to a BlackBerry hosted email address, or assigned an Enhanced Sim Based License (ESBL) or Identity Based License (IBL). Prior to the EOL date, users of BlackBerry hosted email addresses or using email redirection for these addresses, will need to move to a new email address. If any iOS or Android device, including BlackBerry Android devices, have an ESBL or IBL license assigned, you will need to obtain a standard license to cover the use of BlackBerry Enterprise services with that device.
    So I have a little more time. I certainly haven't seen another phone that is as logically organized as this. My use case is pretty minimal as I only use it for phone, text and some browsing, no social media.
    Exedorable likes this.
    12-02-21 09:48 AM
    I got a text from T-Mobile yesterday saying they were discontinuing support for the Priv 1/4/2022.
    I went to the link posted in that message and found that it was only BB hosted email that will not be supported.

So I have a little more time. I certainly haven't seen another phone that is as logically organized as this. My use case is pretty minimal as I only use it for phone, text and some browsing, no social media.
    Yeah I suspect some carrier's are lumping all BlackBerry phones together....
    12-02-21 01:36 PM
    I thought BlackBerry dumped their hosted email service years ago.
    12-02-21 02:56 PM
    I thought BlackBerry dumped their hosted email service years ago.
    They did but I think they still provided a redirect service for them.
    12-02-21 04:14 PM
    They did but I think they still provided a redirect service for them.
    Even though carriers had said they were shutting down years ago, someone had posted valid live sites for the old BBOS email setup carrier for AT&T / TMO 12-18 months ago. I was shocked...
    12-02-21 05:12 PM
    I got a text from T-Mobile yesterday
    Me too!

So I have a little more time. I certainly haven't seen another phone that is as logically organized as this.
    Yes couldn't agree more. I'm also a bit hopeful because ATnT gave a similar warning but still worked for a couple months past their official date, which is why I mentioned elsewhere about how I was surprised when they dumped me in the middle of the day. I was expecting some kind of 2nd notice of like "no really, you have one week left" lol. So hopefully T-Mobile follows a similar pattern, and even if they say they'll pull the plug in Jan, we're ok until late March or so.

But as soon as I read "legacy" I crossed my fingers hoping at least one of mine were gonna remain useable, between the Priv or KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Honestly the knowledge that the horizon is approaching has added a special flavor to my enjoyment of these phones, personally.
    12-02-21 05:48 PM

As a corporate user our rep told us that they are still sorting out the what and were, but the end is coming. She knows I love my Passport and apologized that it was coming to an end. I told her I enjoyed the fact that the phone has worked this long, and when it comes I will switch out no complaints. It will start as a reliability issues missed calls/text/system connection, long before the total shut down. I use my phone locally but when I travel its either my Priv/I phone/Keytwo or alike.
    12-04-21 09:00 AM
    It will start as a reliability issues missed calls/text/system connection
    Y'know, to some degree this is already starting to happen to me, however we suspect that's just the difference between the carriers. Although even w/ ATnT I'd notice complete signal loss multiple times a day. I have gotten into the habit of dialing my voicemail a couple times daily, because every so often I'll have a new message w/ out any missed call notif.
    12-05-21 12:03 PM