Cause he never said ANYTHING to the fact of "we will be carrying this phone". He eluded to the fact they may, but that is no confirmation. Geez

Posted via CB10
    Maybe for the same reason why AT&T had to remove "exclusive"... there are legal implications for doing so.
    11-04-15 08:55 AM
    I bought a Playbook, reassured by the CEO of BB promising native email within 60-days. That turned out to be a lie. So, no, a mere COO's word doesn't cut it.

I've read T-Mobile's COO's tweet. It's far from Jim's 60-day words, which was a fer'real "promise", and commits T-Mob to nothing. It merely states that they don't carry it NOW (true), and that they'll update that when they have something to report. It's a huge stretch to assume that T-Mobile will be carrying the Priv based on that tweet.

Meanwhile, here in the UK, two of the big four networks have apparently said they won't carry the Priv. The other two say they will offer it "... to their business customers".
    It is not common for people to be as loose with the truth as Balsillie was.

He did flat out say that the tweet saying T-Mobile won't be carrying the Priv is wrong. It was not equivocal.

I'm satisfied that T-mobile will be carrying it eventually. You all can believe what you want.

Posted via CB10
    Kwms likes this.
    11-04-15 09:08 AM
    It is not common for people to be as loose with the truth as Balsillie was.

He did flat out say that the tweet saying T-Mobile won't be carrying the Priv is wrong. It was not equivocal.

I'm satisfied that T-mobile will be carrying it eventually. You all can believe what you want.
    If the COO had tweeted "That tweet saying T-Mobile won't be carrying the Priv is wrong.I'm confirming that T-Mobile will be carrying the Priv from Friday" ... that would have been unequivocal (and fewer words!). Instead, he said what he said, which was a far from water-tight pledge (IMO, your mileage obviously differs ).

The Priv launches in 2 days!!! You'd think T-Mobile's COO would know whether they're expecting stock, marketing material, etc ... and help to build the buzz by confirming that in 2-days you can come to T-Mobile to buy the Priv. That would have been smart. Instead, that ambiguous tweet is all we've got.

However, I tend to agree with you that T-Mobile may eventually sell the Priv... if the Priv is a success, for T-Mobile not to sell it would be like turning away money, but without upfront carrier support the success of the Priv becomes an uphill struggle and harder to achieve.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    11-04-15 09:28 AM
    If the COO had tweeted "That tweet saying T-Mobile won't be carrying the Priv is wrong.I'm confirming that T-Mobile will be carrying the Priv from Friday" ... that would have been unequivocal (and fewer words!). Instead, he said what he said, which was a far from water-tight pledge (IMO, your mileage obviously differs ).

The Priv launches in 2 days!!! You'd think T-Mobile's COO would know whether they're expecting stock, marketing material, etc ... and help to build the buzz by confirming that in 2-days you can come to T-Mobile to buy the Priv. That would have been smart. Instead, that ambiguous tweet is all we've got.

However, I tend to agree with you that T-Mobile may eventually sell the Priv... if the Priv is a success, for T-Mobile not to sell it would be like turning away money, but without upfront carrier support the success of the Priv becomes an uphill struggle and harder to achieve.
    Why so negative? All these "may eventually[s]] and "if[s]." I can't say whether Priv will be a success but I feel fairly certain that T-Mobile will carry it eventually. I don't see what was ambiguous about the tweet. Again, it was a flat out statement that the tweet saying Priv wouldn't come to T-Mobile is wrong.

T-Mobile will announce something when it is ready.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 10:02 AM
    a lot of people are pessimistic about tmo carrying the priv, can't blame them at all. if tmo doesn't carry it, i will have to buy it from shop BlackBerry. i am only Hoping that it has band 12 lte. According to tmo technical support, they will testing the priv. i am going to call them back and give them a update on a issue i had with my z30. then i will chime in the priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 11:44 AM
    Why so negative? All these "may eventually[s]] and "if[s]." I can't say whether Priv will be a success but I feel fairly certain that T-Mobile will carry it eventually. I don't see what was ambiguous about the tweet. Again, it was a flat out statement that the tweet saying Priv wouldn't come to T-Mobile is wrong.

T-Mobile will announce something when it is ready.
    T-Mobile's COO tweet was a "holding" answer which served to overturn the definitive (previous) tweet that T-Mob wouldn't be selling the Priv. T-Mobile is fence-sitting... neither ruling it in or out. TBH, if I was T-Mobile, and given the widely reported "history" with BB, I'm sure I'd give the same holding statement.

I'm certain that if the Priv is a success, the Priv will come to T-Mobile. As I said above, T-Mobile would be turning away money otherwise... and I read the COO tweet as confirming that "wait and see" position. T-Mobile don't have a dog in this fight and it really doesn't matter to T-Mobile if the Priv sells or not, that's BB's problem... to whom it is really, really important that the Priv sells. Chen himself has pretty much said that the fate of hardware will be decided within a year and that the Priv is key.

As to the bolded part, the chances of the Priv being a sales success for BB are increased greatly if the networks provided public support and stock/sell the Priv at launch. That's common sense, not being negative.

I doubt we'll ever agree on this, so probably best we agree to disagree.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-04-15 11:51 AM
    T-Mobile's COO tweet was a "holding" answer which served to overturn the definitive (previous) tweet that T-Mob wouldn't be selling the Priv. T-Mobile is fence-sitting... neither ruling it in or out. TBH, if I was T-Mobile, and given the widely reported "history" with BB, I'm sure I'd give the same holding statement.

I'm certain that if the Priv is a success, the Priv will come to T-Mobile. As I said above, T-Mobile would be turning away money otherwise... and I read the COO tweet as confirming that "wait and see" position. T-Mobile don't have a dog in this fight and it really doesn't matter to T-Mobile if the Priv sells or not, that's BB's problem... to whom it is really, really important that the Priv sells. Chen himself has pretty much said that the fate of hardware will be decided within a year and that the Priv is key.

As to the bolded part, the chances of the Priv being a sales success for BB are increased greatly if the networks provided public support and stock/sell the Priv at launch. That's common sense, not being negative.

I doubt we'll ever agree on this, so probably best we agree to disagree.
    I was thinking the same thing. Not that they'd come out and say it. But I really do think they're waiting to see how much demand there is for it. So a lot of customers complaining to them to carry it might help some. But what will really matter is when people can get their hands on one at AT&T and see how the sales go. See how the critics review it. Etc.

If the Priv is even halfway decent in sales I bet TMO will be in on it at about 2 weeks after these numbers start coming in. That he doesn't want to give an absolute no is a great sign. Like you said. Now it's up to BlackBerry.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    11-04-15 12:02 PM
    Some people like to only get devices from their careers either from a support stand point or their carrier offers incentives that lowers the overall price of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 12:08 PM
    Well whatever they do, they better not ask BB to disable LTE b12.
    11-04-15 12:24 PM
    I just had to call into T-Mobile to change something on my account, so I figured I would ask about the Priv. Full disclosure - I put VERY little merit into this information. You should do the same.

The rep said that he wasn't sure, and that he would check. While he was checking, I searched "T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv" on Google - had a funny feeling he was doing the same thing. Sure enough, he said "Looks like AT&T will be releasing it on the 6th" - one of the first thing that comes up with the google search. After that, he asked "Are you in front of your computer?" I told him that I was, and he said "Go ahead and open up Google and search for..." So sad. I told him that I had already searched and saw rumors, so I wanted to find out for sure. He put me on hold and then when he came back on the line he told me that T-Mobile had slowed down their relationship with BlackBerry, and wouldn't be carrying the Priv. Then he told me that Verizon and Sprint wouldn't be either, and it was going to be an AT&T exclusive.

I know that it isn't this rep's fault, because he's just trying to help by giving me any information he can, but this is crazy. They have such little information to go on, that everyone calling in gets a different story. He told me that they weren't told they were carrying the iPhone 6s until two days before, and then everyone had to put in overtime to keep up with the demand. This is a bad system! Even if they want to keep some things on the down low, they should have a unified approach to doing so. If I work at T-Mobile and someone asks about the Priv, I should see in my system a note with exactly what to say. Whatever the message is, it's the same across the board to everyone.
    11-04-15 12:26 PM
    bad news, just got off the phone with tmo BlackBerry technical support and he said they haven't tested it, the last one said he did tested the priv. this tec is not sure whether tmo will carry it.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 12:57 PM
    The biggest deal with T-Mobile selling the phone directly is Band 12 LTE. Even though the phone will support all GSM carriers, it will not work on LTE Band 12 with T-Mobile. This makes a HUGE difference in service.
    raino likes this.
    11-04-15 01:34 PM
    In the specs on shop.blackberry, it has band 12 listed as one of the bands. Given that, shouldn't it work with T-mobile band 12?
    11-04-15 01:38 PM
    just got off the phone arguing with them on this very same issue and it's directly.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 01:46 PM
    stopping me from purchasing the priv from shop blackberry directly

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 01:47 PM
    The biggest deal with T-Mobile selling the phone directly is Band 12 LTE. Even though the phone will support all GSM carriers, it will not work on LTE Band 12 with T-Mobile. This makes a HUGE difference in service.
    Band 12 is supported on Priv.

BTW, it's not on Passport and I've been using on on T-Mobile without any problem getting LTE.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 01:48 PM
    In the specs on shop.blackberry, it has band 12 listed as one of the bands. Given that, shouldn't it work with T-mobile band 12?
    Band 12 is supported on Priv.

BTW, it's not on Passport and I've been using on on T-Mobile without any problem getting LTE.
    The issue with band 12 is that unless TMO sells a phone with band 12, they ask OEMs to disable it. They've done it to at least two Motorola phones, one of which (Moto E) had its band 12 retroactively disabled via a software update, and the other one just didn't launch with it, despite initial indications pointing towards band 12 presence, IIRC.
    11-04-15 01:52 PM
    The Priv has Band 12. As long as the Priv is certified for VoLTE, then T-Mobile will allow it to use Band 12 on its network, otherwise they will ask BB to disable it as they have done with every other phone manufacturer due to E911 requirement. HTC states that the unlocked A9 is certified for VoLTE on T-Mobile Band 12 so it's not unheard of at this point. This 'testing' T-Mobile may or may not have been doing on the Priv (as based on some of the hearsay from Tmo techs) may not be so much in preparation to sell it through their channels as much as it is to certify it for VoLTE so that they will whitelist it on Band 12.

I have tweeted at T-Mobile and Blackberry both to confirm if the Priv will be VoLTE certified for use on Band 12 but haven't received any reply.
    raino likes this.
    11-04-15 02:04 PM
    I'll let you guys worry needlessly about this because I'm not worried at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 02:09 PM
    T-Mobile didn't/doesn't ask OEMs to disable Band 12 just to be jerks about it, they have to comply with federal regulatory requirements surrounding E911. Their official statements concerning Band 12 support on the Moto E (and any other phone that physically supports it):

“The Moto E does not support VoLTE and E911, though as soon as it does, we hope to be able to activate Band 12 on the Moto E again,” Nguyen said. “We’re very transparent with our partners that Band 12 certification must also come with support for VoLTE and E911.”

Source: fiercewireless.com/story/t-mobile-all-band-12-lte-devices-our-network-must-support-volte-e911/2015-08-28
    11-04-15 02:20 PM
    i am worried about it because my job requires me to travel, so, yes band 12 is needlessly important to me.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 02:20 PM
    T-Mobile didn't/doesn't ask OEMs to disable Band 12 just to be jerks about it, they want their customers to have E911 and you can't very well call 911 when connected to Band 12 if the device doesn't support VoLTE (data only). Tmo's official statements concerning Band 12 support on the Moto E (and any other phone that physically supports it):

“The Moto E does not support VoLTE and E911, though as soon as it does, we hope to be able to activate Band 12 on the Moto E again,” Nguyen said. “We’re very transparent with our partners that Band 12 certification must also come with support for VoLTE and E911.”
    11-04-15 02:24 PM
    Thanks hazarjast! I started digging into the band 12 issues on the Moto E and this pretty much sums it up. I'm still very hopeful that T-mobile will carry the Priv, so I can use my jump upgrade. If they don't, then I may have to jump to the cheapest device they have to pay off the M9 and purchase the Priv unlocked.
    11-04-15 02:31 PM
    John Legere too...
    T-Mobile Not Planning to Carry Priv YET!-img_20151104_153516.png

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    11-04-15 02:36 PM
    Np. They certainly don't make this stuff straightforward to understand, but there *is* a reason for it. The fact that the US ShopBB listing for the unlocked Priv shows Band 12 support is encouraging to me that they are are E911/VoLTE compatible. Just crossing my fingers that they will be whitelisted on Tmo as the A9 was. I went ahead and ordered from ShopBB anyways since Tmo just released their LTE CellSpot which doesn't use Band 12 anyways (uses Band 4). Band 12 will just be icing on the cake to me at this point and, even if it's blocked at the outset, I hardly foresee there being any technical limitation to the Priv being certified for VoLTE in the future on Band 12 even if it's not out of the box.
    11-04-15 02:37 PM
88 1234