Went into a tmobile store to switch from Verizon to tmobile. Wanted to see if they were still carrying the priv but nope and asked for the classic and same situation.. I guess in today's world's we don't need blackberry anymore..kinda sad

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Priv
    09-18-16 05:48 PM
    Went into a tmobile store to switch from Verizon to tmobile. Wanted to see if they were still carrying the priv but nope and asked for the classic and same situation.. I guess in today's world's we don't need blackberry anymore..kinda sad

Can you use your Verizon Priv on T-Mobile's network? You should be able to.
    09-18-16 05:52 PM
    No. Verizon is CDMA network and t mobile is GSM carrier

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-18-16 06:58 PM
    Buy your Priv from ShopBlackBerry. I did, and T-Mobile provided a SIM without a fuss. Best thing is, I don't have to depend on the carrier for updates.

Sigewif and Vidge like this.
    09-18-16 07:56 PM
    To the OP, yes, it's best to go directly to ShopBlackBerry.com to buy an unlocked Priv that will run on GSM networks like T-Mobile, at&t and other ones worldwide if you travel. Another alternative is B&H Photo, but BlackBerry's own site is best because you know exactly what you're getting.

Posted via CB10 on my VZW  Z30 STA100-3 on at&t | 10.3.2.2813
    09-18-16 08:53 PM

Saw a YouTube video of a guy using a VZW Priv on T-Mobile. Just saying!
    09-18-16 09:48 PM
    Can I pick up a cheap Tmobile sim and one month option? I'd check it out.
    09-18-16 10:17 PM
    Verizon PRIV will work on on all US and Canadian carriers. Might be missing some LTE bands here and there but mostly all are there.
    09-18-16 10:35 PM
    I ordered my phone from Blackberry and took it to T-Mobile. It was no problem setting up service with them and, in fact, I am testing it out against my Q10 which is Sprint and find it to be much better in some areas (for example, I can actually talk on the PRIV inside my house without using WiFi which I cannot do with Sprint) and the same as Sprint in other areas (more rural settings.) Blackberry had the PRIV on sale for $150 off when I purchased my phone. Maybe the deal is still on.
    Good luck.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    09-18-16 11:30 PM

Actually he can use his Verizon Priv on the T-Mobile network. All Verizon phones are unlocked to use on GSM networks. You just won't get any speeds higher than 3G
    09-19-16 08:39 AM
    Actually he can use his Verizon Priv on the T-Mobile network. All Verizon phones are unlocked to use on GSM networks. You just won't get any speeds higher than 3G
    So the Verizon Priv contains the frequencies needed to work with T-mobile and At&T in the US and you just need their sim cards? I do know that my Priv worked on Madeira Island (Portuguese) in the Atlantic this summer without adding or changing the existing Verizon sim card.

I guess if I knew that my Verizon Priv would not be useless if I dropped Verizon, that could be tempting. I'm not sure that I'd even notice any speed limitation (but I might).

And, yes, I know that I still be stuck with Lollipop until or if Verizon acts.
    rickkel likes this.
    09-19-16 09:57 AM
    I've used several Verizon phones on T-Mobile and Cricket Wireless. The Droid Turbo. Galaxy S6. Blackberry Z30. You might not get all the band's but where I lived in Phoenix Arizona I got fast enough speeds to make it worth my time. Plus most people sell their Verizon phones cheaper than other branded phones
    FF22 likes this.
    09-19-16 10:10 AM
    Too bad

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 02:33 AM
    My T Mobile still has Priv for sale, at least they did earlier today. Not sure if they know they still have them or not.

09-21-16 05:44 PM
    Blackberry could make a better phone than the note 7 in every way and tmobile still wont sell it.

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    newcollector likes this.
    09-21-16 07:05 PM
    All of our BlackBerry's work flawlessly on T-Mobile. (They all are unlocked BlackBerry devices and operate with 4GLTE)

The DTEK50
    09-21-16 10:01 PM
    Except for Verizon BlackBerry phones like my Q10 and Z30 that when it has an at&t SIM plopped inside, I can take advantage of the plentiful Band 4 LTE strength on the at&t network where I live. Not sure if a Verizon Priv has Band 4 capability, though.

09-22-16 07:13 PM
    Im actually using my Verizons priv on tmobiles service, works fine but Internet speed isn't as fast as verizons

FF22 likes this.
    09-23-16 10:49 AM

Im actually using my Verizons priv on tmobiles service, works fine but Internet speed isn't as fast as verizons.

09-23-16 10:49 AM
    Im actually using my Verizons priv on tmobiles service, works fine but Internet speed isn't as fast as verizons

Thought you'd be able to. Glad it worked out.
    09-23-16 10:50 AM
    Yup it works.

09-23-16 10:50 AM
    Why am I only getting up to 3G speeds? I have found that my speed is very slow compared to verizons.

09-23-16 10:53 AM
    Verizon PRIV will work on on all US and Canadian carriers. Might be missing some LTE bands here and there but mostly all are there.
    Is the Verizon Priv capable of accessing Band 4 LTE? If so, then it should be compatible with at&t's network, with corresponding SIM card of course, in areas where Band 4 is strong.

09-23-16 08:21 PM
    Why am I only getting up to 3G speeds? I have found that my speed is very slow compared to verizons.

Are you certain that T-Mobile has 4G LTE coverage in that area? That'd be the only reason I'd think. Maybe someone more knowledgeable would know. Look at their coverage map.
    09-23-16 09:14 PM

Could be LTE in that location is only offered on Band 12 which the CDMA version does not have. Do you get LTE in other locations? If you never get LTE could be an APN configuration issue.
    09-23-16 09:19 PM
28 12