which is why I'm excited for the Priv because its got android so you can't say "blackberry doesn't have apps".
    True, but how many store people will just assume the new BB has the "app issue"? I sure how they train people and have VERY clear signage to put near the device.
    11-03-15 12:21 AM
    I walked into my local AT&T store and at least one of the employees knew about 'the upcoming Android BlackBerry'. He mentioned later that some of the store staff had started training on the product today. That was super encouraging to hear! He said that the actual stock will be arriving one day before the date it's officially released, so Nov 05. I inquired about the price and doing the math, I was reaffirmed that getting a phone on a 2 year contract / NEXT program is going to be a bad deal for me. So I just went ahead and ordered it online a few minutes back on ShopBB. Now I can continue on my super cheap prepaid plan on Cricket while enjoying the Priv. Hoping ShopBB fulfills the order fast... can't wait to have the phone in my hands!
    11-03-15 12:25 AM
    Video is quite nice! But they again miss to promote the key hardware features like the touch enabled keyboard...

I hope that thing will sell like hell, but we'll see...

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 01:25 AM
    Today I walked into a Tmobile retail store and immediately he was telling me about how blackberry can't get any apps? I was like the new one??... he was like yea!!?!? ...then I said they android now you knew that? And he was like really?!?! Like he didn't believe me lol... Blackberry need a commercial asap or some marketing a poster or something.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah?!

Haha great story.
    11-03-15 05:52 AM
    What is the off contract full price from AT&T?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 06:15 AM
    If you do it on the next program it's 740 total which appears to line up with the 699 plus tax price for an unlocked version!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 06:23 AM
    What is the off contract full price from AT&T?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 06:24 AM
    You see this so much in the phone biz. Would it kill these guys to know what's in the smartphone pipeline? Pathetic really.

Problem is, these guys on the front lines carry a lot of influence over what phone 'the masses' pick when they are in the store.
    All they care about are their commission and return numbers.
    11-03-15 06:32 AM
    Found the chart:

http://i.imgur.com/Dy0JXVT.png

As you can see AT&T is always grossly overpriced at launch.
    I think all the US Carrier's mark up their phones.... Samsung has dropped pricing on most all of their Galaxy devices due to slow sales. But you wouldn't know that by walking into AT&T or Verizon. If you want to buy a phone outright... Amazon or another retailer (like shopBB) is the best option. Cause Carrier's have the financing fees (or just higher profits) for their Edge or Next type plans built into the prices..

Still wondering what Chen said about making the phones affordable... payment plans?
    11-03-15 08:46 AM
    If you do it on the next program it's 740 total which appears to line up with the 699 plus tax price for an unlocked version!

Posted via CB10
    I've done the NEXT program with a couple of devices and they charge you for the taxes up front.

Also there is 0% interest for using the NEXT program. The only disadvantage is you pay full retail which is usually a little higher with the carriers.

I'm actually ok paying the higher price for a AT&T branded phone as I think they're a little better as far as quality. Just my opinion....
    11-03-15 09:05 AM
    I've done the NEXT program with a couple of devices and they charge you for the taxes up front.

Also there is 0% interest for using the NEXT program. The only disadvantage is you pay full retail which is usually a little higher with the carriers.

I'm actually ok paying the higher price for a AT&T branded phone as I think they're a little better as far as quality. Just my opinion....
    I believe it was already mentioned that AT&T gives you either $15 or $25 per month off of the $40 line charge depending on your data plan. I'm currently getting $15/month off for bringing my own device (Passport).

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 09:38 AM
    Still wondering what Chen said about making the phones affordable... payment plans?
    I'm assuming at this point he was referring to the 0% financing through PayPal if ordering through shopblackberry. Maybe I'm wrong and there is something else in the works, but this is how I took his comments.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-03-15 09:40 AM
    Just called an Authorized Retailer and they said they definitely won't have the Priv on Friday and don't know if they'll ever get it - if they do, it'll be later on.

Then called a Corporate store in Smyrna, TN (about 25 miles outside of Nashville), and they said they are supposed to have it Friday but to call tomorrow or Thursday to make sure. He said they normally get the stock a day or so before release but, if for some weird reason they don't get it by Friday, they are definitely going to have it ASAP after that.

Probably can't switch to AT&T just cuz my rate & service on VZW can't be beat but, man, I cannot wait to go into a store and check this thing out.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 10:17 AM
    Just called an Authorized Retailer and they said they definitely won't have the Priv on Friday and don't know if they'll ever get it - if they do, it'll be later on.

Then called a Corporate store in Smyrna, TN (about 25 miles outside of Nashville), and they said they are supposed to have it Friday but to call tomorrow or Thursday to make sure. He said they normally get the stock a day or so before release but, if for some weird reason they don't get it by Friday, they are definitely going to have it ASAP after that.

Probably can't switch to AT&T just cuz my rate & service on VZW can't be beat but, man, I cannot wait to go into a store and check this thing out.

Posted via CB10
    I import the Priv from US, won't available in Malaysia till January..cant wait any longer
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    11-03-15 10:21 AM
    I'm assuming at this point he was referring to the 0% financing through PayPal if ordering through shopblackberry. Maybe I'm wrong and there is something else in the works, but this is how I took his comments.

Posted via CB10
    Black Friday sale? Launch discount like the Passport?
    11-03-15 10:29 AM
    So all corporate stores around me said they won't know if they'll have it in stock until the day before?

How is that possible? Is communication so terrible that stores don't know what they're getting?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 11:57 AM
    Just stopped by my att store next to columbus circle in NYC. Guy said the staff is all trained to sell the Priv and they will be in stock friday. Sadly he couldn't grant my request to check out a demo. f**ker

I have some hopes that BBRY may finally get it right for the first time since iphone doomed them.
    RigoMonster likes this.
    11-03-15 12:12 PM
    Just stopped by my att store next to columbus circle in NYC. Guy said the staff is all trained to sell the Priv and they will be in stock friday. Sadly he couldn't grant my request to check out a demo. f**ker

I have some hopes that BBRY may finally get it right for the first time since iphone doomed them.
    I think carriers all have this secret "wish" to find another manufacturer that can give them an alternative to Apple's "grip".

Posted via CB10
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-03-15 12:37 PM
    I feel like I'm going to have to travel to find a Priv on Friday; especially if these fools don't know what they have coming in the mail until Thursday. I'm ready to throw my money at AT&T! All they have to do is take it.
    11-03-15 12:41 PM
    Interesting that the Priv will be available in the stores immediately, but only 1 or 2 stores in the Puget Sound area carry a Passport (that's been out how long?) in stock.
    11-03-15 02:00 PM
    Darn it. AT&T is going to make me do this Next plan. I might as well go ahead and get the Priv come Friday!
    I kept my grandfathered plan.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    11-03-15 02:31 PM
    I feel like I'm going to have to travel to find a Priv on Friday; especially if these fools don't know what they have coming in the mail until Thursday. I'm ready to throw my money at AT&T! All they have to do is take it.
    Yea I made a few calls today. One store say they may have it on Friday so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Going to call some more store to see if I can have some stores just in case.

9000----->Torch----->9900----->Z10------>Passport
    11-03-15 02:36 PM
    Best bet is check online, you will be able to see store availability Friday morning on At&t's site.
    iToya likes this.
    11-03-15 02:41 PM
    Best bet is check online, you will be able to see store availability Friday morning on At&t's site.
    This! Very accurate when used with both Passport and Classic for in store availability. They make it pretty simple.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 03:27 PM
    Just was online with ATT here is some good positive news!!!!
    This is if I pay $249 down.

Alan G : Great! if you upgrade that line your plan will not have any changes

Alan G : We are all waiting for friday

Me : is there a lot of people wanting this phone?

Me : is the supply good?

Me : you can just give me an opinion

Me : just want to make sure. I will be gone on vacation this weekend starting thursday

Me : wish i could order today

Alan G : We will have a large demand yes, however I can tell that the best way of getting it its online, if you visit one of our stores you will have to do lines

Me : really, so you think there might be lines at the store?

Alan G : It the most possible, we are having a lot of good customers asking for that device, actually its a great release the first black berry with android OS

Me : ok thank you you have been a great help. Your on of the best agents I have chat with. Thank you again

Alan G : You're welcome

Alan G : Its a pleasure to help
    tp2386 likes this.
    11-03-15 09:04 PM
178 ... 34567 ...