My line charge is $40 with AT&T for a no contract BYOD. I get the $15 off the line for bringing the Passport unlocked. My mom bought on contract and pays the full line fee.

You're confusing me a bit here by saying that the rate is cheaper if I were to use Next rather than a contract for $40 a line. What is the line fee on Next?

Posted via CB10
    You would also get the $15 discount with the Next option. What he stated is confusing because the contract option in terms of $$ is cheaper. In fact with a 2 year contract your total savings at the end of 2 years is approx $185 which includes adjustment for tax compared to the Next program.
    Last edited by jmaxim917; 11-04-15 at 10:52 PM.
    11-04-15 10:35 PM
    You would also get the $15 discount with the Next option. What he stated is confusing because the contract option in terms of $$ is cheaper. In fact with a 2 year contract your total savings at the end of 2 years is approx $185 which includes adjustment for tax compared to the Next program.
    That all depends on your plan, some plans the next discount is $25. Its different for most people, but for a lot of people, the Next plan is cheaper then the 2 year contract.
    jonwb likes this.
    11-04-15 11:31 PM
    With Mobile Share Value if your plan is 15GB+ then your monthly is $15 per phone; otherwise it is $25. Therefore, two-year contract only makes sense for those paying $25/month, as the resulting price for Priv is (40-25)*24 + 249 = 609 + tax. I have confirmed with ATT that the tax is based on full price of device so the tax is more or less the same wherever one buys unless tax-free. In short, this is currently the lowest price to get a Priv in US.

I thought about ordering through B&H to get tax free (still more expensive than ATT but unlocked) but would rather have the device as early as possible...
    Last edited by sonyfever; 11-05-15 at 02:16 AM.
    11-05-15 01:23 AM
    With Mobile Share Value if your plan is 15GB+ then your monthly is $15 per phone; otherwise it is $25. Therefore, two-year contract only makes sense for those paying $25/month, as the resulting price for Priv is (40-25)*24 + 249 = 609 + tax. I have confirmed with ATT that the tax is based on full price of device so the tax is more or less the same wherever one buys unless tax-free. In short, this is currently the lowest price to get a Priv in US.

I thought about ordering through B&H to get tax free (still more expensive than ATT but unlocked) but would rather have the device as early as possible...
    Tax is calculated on the sale price of the item to the customer. If the phone is being sold to you for $749 (Next program/payment plan) then tax is calculated on $749. However, if the phone is discounted and is being sold to you for $249 (2 yr contract/no payment plan) tax is then calculated on $249. I believe the rep misunderstood your question, however, the computer would have gotten it right at the time of entry. If you think about it, have you ever bought an item that was discounted yet you paid tax on the original price? With that said, you are correct, if you have a 15GB+ Plan the next program would be the better option. With a savings of $55 compared to the 2 yr contract, tax also considered.
    11-05-15 03:02 AM
    What I was saying is that a 2yr contract is almost always higher than a BYOD no contract or a Next agreement. This has been the case for me. I have been an AT&T customer before it was AT&T wireless...so I have seen and been sucked into a lot of marketing junk. I much prefer to own the phone outright and can do with what I can without any penalty for early termination. If you stay in the 2yr agreement you typically pay more or do not get a BYOD discount. That is what I meant. AT&T is going to get their money...do not be fooled by thinking otherwise. While shopbb has their pros and cons, I have had decent success going that route for the past couple phones. Cost more up front, but I am not enslaved to the contracting process.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:04 AM
    What I was saying is that a 2yr contract is almost always higher than a BYOD no contract or a Next agreement. This has been the case for me. I have been an AT&T customer before it was AT&T wireless...so I have seen and been sucked into a lot of marketing junk. I much prefer to own the phone outright and can do with what I can without any penalty for early termination. If you stay in the 2yr agreement you typically pay more or do not get a BYOD discount. That is what I meant. AT&T is going to get their money...do not be fooled by thinking otherwise. While shopbb has their pros and cons, I have had decent success going that route for the past couple phones. Cost more up front, but I am not enslaved to the contracting process.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you here, but apparently if you use the Next program your line charge is $25 instead of $40. Correct? So in that case, I'd just be financing the phone essentially and my no contract price I have now with my BYOD Passport would remain the same... just add on the phone payments?

Sorry if I'm making this more confusing, but I thought that you only got the $15 or $25 off per month if you bring your own device.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:19 AM
    I'm with you here, but apparently if you use the Next program your line charge is $25 instead of $40. Correct? So in that case, I'd just be financing the phone essentially and my no contract price I have now with my BYOD Passport would remain the same... just add on the phone payments?

Sorry if I'm making this more confusing, but I thought that you only got the $15 or $25 off per month if you bring your own device.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. A 2yr contract is different than a Next agreement. Free financing is the Next agreement. 2yr contract has rates higher than a BYOD plan. Either way the phone is going to get paid for with similar amounts...without doing the math.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:40 AM
    I guarantee you the majority of AT &T store reps will not have heard about the Priv come Friday.
    I called on Tuesday and my store had received a communication telling them about it.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    You are correct, under the Next program you still get the discount since you're paying full price for the phone. Folks that buy under a two-year contract lose the $15/25 discount. But as noted above, the total price comes out to be less, $609 vs $749 under the Next program.

Passport on AT&T
    jmaxim917 likes this.
    11-05-15 09:13 AM
    Don't assume the Priv will be available in all stores on the 6th. My local store today said they hadn't heard anything about it yet.

Posted via CB10
    Excellent point! Just called my AT&T store. Was told they only have two (2)!! I plan on being at the store early tomorrow morning, before they open, so I can purchase one of the two!

Posted via CB 10 on my BB Classic
    11-05-15 11:27 AM
    I work in small company of about 3 employees. I convinced my boss to go with me and get a Blackberry Priv tomorrow first thing in the morning before we start work. YAY!!! She's super excited and I'm even more!! Better yet, She's buying it for me as an early ''Christmas bonus''!!! I ******* LOVE MY JOB!
    Camelhmpz and RigoMonster like this.
    11-05-15 12:45 PM
    I work in small company of about 3 employees. I convinced my boss to go with me and get a Blackberry Priv tomorrow first thing in the morning before we start work. YAY!!! She's super excited and I'm even more!! Better yet, She's buying it for me as an early ''Christmas bonus''!!! I ******* LOVE MY JOB!
    Wow lucky you! Congrats
    11-05-15 12:47 PM
    Agreed. A 2yr contract is different than a Next agreement. Free financing is the Next agreement. 2yr contract has rates higher than a BYOD plan. Either way the phone is going to get paid for with similar amounts...without doing the math.

Posted via CB10
    You should do the math.
    11-05-15 01:18 PM
    You should do the math.
    The math in my situation would invalidate my family plan and massive data deal I got a year ago. I am getting the 30GB plan for the price of the 15. It would cost me way more in the long run.

Others just like being in contracts. I like doing what I want.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 04:06 PM
    The math in my situation would invalidate my family plan and massive data deal I got a year ago. I am getting the 30GB plan for the price of the 15. It would cost me way more in the long run.

Others just like being in contracts. I like doing what I want.

Posted via CB10
    What would invalidate the 30gb monthly plan? Because I'm currently enjoying this 30 for the price of 15 plan as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 04:25 PM
    My mistake. The monthly access charge for a 2yr contract with a 15GB+ plan is 40 bucks versus 15 bucks for Next or BYOD. This means that you would pay 849 for the phone on contract versus 740 on Next. The single line is 40 / 25...or 15 dollars difference if on a lesser bandwidth plan.

I my case the phone is cheaper purchased outright or Next versus on contract. Family plan pricing with big data is cheap for the long haul not on contract.
    AT&T to launch PRIV November 6th-img_20151105_173534.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 04:38 PM
    Anyone know when the phone goes live online so we can check local stores. 3 in my area:
    Store 1: we're getting them in at 3pm
    Store 2: call back tomorrow morning to see if we have them (are you expecting a shipment at midnight?)
    Store 3: we'll have a few at 10am. It's the furthest store away of course.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 04:39 PM
    LOL - I was next door to my local (and only) AT&T store and went in. The guy at the door goes "can I help you" I said yes - do you have or will you have the new BB Priv? He says "The What" (red flag number one) I say the BB Priv....the blackberry phone running android?? He says "Ummmm (looking around the store from the door) we are going to have that.....but it is not quite out yet". I said OK and just walked back out. Clearly was not going to get any help here.
    11-05-15 04:50 PM
    AT&T at Lenox Mall will have it tomorrow. I guess I'll be in the queue...
    11-05-15 05:17 PM
    AT&T Corporate store in Smyrna, TN, just confirmed they have 2 in-store right now, plus a demo unit, and "will be getting a bunch in" tomorrow!

The rep stated that he played around with it and it's "pretty slick" though it has a "2005-2006 vibe with the slider", lol. He said it - and especially the screen - is really cool. Wish switching to AT&T was affordable for me so I could take it home tomorrow, lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:00 PM
    I honestly have to say that I'm surprised that there's hasn't been a real leak from carrier before launch. I mean no carrier put it up before the 6th, no one sold any units before that.... didn't even let people play with demo units. Definitely better than the Z10 launch

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:33 PM
    I honestly have to say that I'm surprised that there's hasn't been a real leak from carrier before launch. I mean no carrier put it up before the 6th, no one sold any units before that.... didn't even let people play with demo units. Definitely better than the Z10 launch

Posted via CB10
    Yah Chen must have really applied the brakes on leaks and letting the cat out of the bag. We didn't even get pics or glimpses of an at&t branded Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:40 PM
    Wish switching to AT&T was affordable for me so I could take it home tomorrow, lol.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, come on Verizon! If I didn't have unlimited data, I'd switch tomorrow!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:41 PM
    Excellent point! Just called my AT&T store. Was told they only have two (2)!! I plan on being at the store early tomorrow morning, before they open, so I can purchase one of the two!

Posted via CB 10 on my BB Classic
    Same here! I called the AT&T store (again lol) to make sure they will have the Priv in stock and the guy told me they'd only have 1-2 units available.

I asked if I could reserve one, he said no...first come, first serve.

So I made an appointment for 9am when they open! Fingers crossed.
    11-05-15 09:47 PM
    I got the same thing here in Oklahoma, called the local store, was told they'd have two plus a display unit. Guessing AT&T is testing the waters before much stocking at corporate stores.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 10:03 PM
178 ... 5678