How is this phone through AT&T $739 but canadians are paying $799CAD when theres a 30% difference in currency. This is a blatant rip off by AT&T/BB...like common, do you want people to buy this?

I hope theres availability in stores so I can at least go try one out
    AT&T always have an outright price higher than anyone else. I posted a comparison chart somewhere here but I'm on my phone at the moment.
    11-02-15 03:58 PM
    AT&T always have an outright price higher than anyone else. I posted a comparison chart somewhere here but I'm on my phone at the moment.
    This. AT&T had the Passport for far more outright and if you want to hate on a US carrier Verizon wants $499 for their black Z30 or $21/month for 24 months right now!

If you really want outright then save your time with AT&T and buy from shopblackberry for a true unlocked GSM Priv or Amazon (if/when they begin selling).

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 04:30 PM
    It's a deal on ATT for those that can't afford the initial outlay.

I remember paying $299 + 2 year when I bought the 9900.

Of course outright is the best way, if you can afford it.

PIN 2COF829A
    11-02-15 04:48 PM
    This. AT&T had the Passport for far more outright and if you want to hate on a US carrier Verizon wants $499 for their black Z30 or $21/month for 24 months right now!

If you really want outright then save your time with AT&T and buy from shopblackberry for a true unlocked GSM Priv or Amazon (if/when they begin selling).

Posted via CB10
    Yes, from what I've read here. Preferably Amazon, in my opinion and from my experience, but either one is OK.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 04:50 PM
    Just to repeat what others have said, it's not listed as exclusive to AT&T. Below is the text I see at AT&T's website (both pages where they mention the Priv). They say they're "first", not exclusive:
    https://www.att.com/cellphones/blackberry/priv.html

and

PRIV by BlackBerry Available from AT&T Nov. 6 | AT&T

AT&T First U.S. Carrier to Offer PRIV™ by BlackBerry� on Nov. 6 - See more at: PRIV by BlackBerry Available from AT&T Nov. 6 | AT&T

Available first from AT&T in the U.S.
    Legendary BlackBerry� security combined with Android™ technology provides access to a large number of Google Play™ store apps
    Touch and type with authentic BlackBerry SmartSlide keyboard integrated in a slim, ergonomic design
    Exclusive DTEK™ by BlackBerry security system monitors your apps to provide you with the power of privacy
    Schneider-Kreuznach� certified 18MP dual-flash camera engineered for performance
    Large 3410mAh battery to power you through the busiest of days
    BlackBerry Hub brings all of your communications into one place so you can view and respond to all your messages from a single app.
    11-02-15 04:57 PM
    Yes it does:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=dMD2YouX

Available exclusively from AT&T in the U.S.
    Legendary BlackBerry� security combined with Android� technology provides access to a large number of Google Play� store apps
    Touch and type with authentic BlackBerry SmartSlide keyboard integrated in a slim, ergonomic design
    Exclusive DTEK� by BlackBerry security system monitors your apps to provide you with the power of privacy
    Schneider-Kreuznach� certified 18MP dual-flash camera engineered for performance
    Large 3410mAh battery to power you through the busiest of days
    BlackBerry Hub integrates your messages into one app
    Clearly it says AT&T exclusive. It's on another page besides what you are looking at.
    11-02-15 05:08 PM
    Clearly it says AT&T exclusive. It's on another page besides what you are looking at.
    Link?
    11-02-15 05:15 PM
    It is "exclusively" on AT&T.

Until another U.S. carrier makes their announcement for some date after the 6th.

AT&T's own statements seem to not really emphasize their exclusiveness. One place says "exclusive", while their main announcement headline merely states that they are "first".

Which in and of itself is quite remarkable for AT&T. They usually wait the customary (for them) 3 to 6 months after the rest of the world has already had a device.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 05:18 PM
    It is "exclusively" on AT&T.

Until another U.S. carrier makes their announcement for some date after the 6th.

AT&T's own statements seem to not really emphasize their exclusiveness. One place says "exclusive", while their main announcement headline merely states that they are "first".

Posted via CB10
    No. They've now updated the website from exclusive to "First to offer Priv"

Posted via CB10
    thecurryman likes this.
    11-02-15 05:22 PM
    Don't assume the Priv will be available in all stores on the 6th. My local store today said they hadn't heard anything about it yet.

Posted via CB10
    Well my friend, you have 4 days to move to another town!!
    11-02-15 05:58 PM
    Available first from AT&T in the U.S.
    11-02-15 06:00 PM
    Running pure android like Google Nexus phones??
    11-02-15 06:02 PM
    No. They've now updated the website from exclusive to "First to offer Priv"

Posted via CB10
    I see that now.
    11-02-15 06:02 PM
    Running pure android like Google Nexus phones??
    Has the hub along with BlackBerry apps from what I've heard. Pretty much stock.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 06:12 PM
    I guess I will pick it up at att if Shop BlackBerry doesn't ship on time...

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-02-15 06:16 PM
    This is awesome new to me!

I've called both corporate stores in my area and neither of them have ever heard of the Priv lol! I'm hoping they will have them in stock on Nov. 6th... I'll be there at 9am to get mine if they are!

I was waiting for Amazon, but would rather have the AT&T version personally. Plus I won't have to wait.

I'm taking Friday morning off for this....lol
    11-02-15 06:22 PM
    It's rare for me to have a Friday off, but it's not a busy week for me. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it to be the day the newest BlackBerry should launch. My local corporate store is usually good about stocking BlackBerrys. Hope this proves to be so with the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-02-15 06:29 PM
    Just talked to AT&T customer care (611) and they told me that they will definitely have the Priv in stock on Friday!!! Man I hope this is true!

Blocking off my schedule for Friday morning!
    11-02-15 06:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Found the chart:

As you can see AT&T is always grossly overpriced at launch.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-02-15 08:09 PM
    So much win for me. I work for AT&T and I have Fridays off. Can't wait!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 08:20 PM
    Today I walked into a Tmobile retail store and immediately he was telling me about how blackberry can't get any apps? I was like the new one??... he was like yea!!?!? ...then I said they android now you knew that? And he was like really?!?! Like he didn't believe me lol... Blackberry need a commercial asap or some marketing a poster or something.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-02-15 10:24 PM
    The promo video is way better than the BlackBerry version ad

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    11-02-15 11:23 PM
    You see this so much in the phone biz. Would it kill these guys to know what's in the smartphone pipeline? Pathetic really.

Problem is, these guys on the front lines carry a lot of influence over what phone 'the masses' pick when they are in the store.
    thecurryman likes this.
    11-02-15 11:44 PM
    You see this so much in the phone biz. Would it kill these guys to know what's in the smartphone pipeline? Pathetic really.

Problem is, these guys on the front lines carry a lot of influence over what phone 'the masses' pick when they are in the store.
    which is why I'm excited for the Priv because its got android so you can't say "blackberry doesn't have apps".
    11-02-15 11:50 PM
    Promo has me excited for phone, wished they did same for passport. If I needed new phone, I would would priv but I got passport that I plan to keep for the few years...
    11-03-15 12:20 AM
178 ... 23456 ...