This is a surprise and very interesting ! Now does it mean AT&T will put some marketing power behind it? That 5M in sales may not be too unrealistic then...

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 10:58 AM
    Never buy unlocked from a carrier!

Posted via CB10
    ?
    jmaxim917 likes this.
    11-02-15 10:59 AM
    For those that are worried that AT&T will be the exclusive carrier in the US.

AT&T will be the first U.S. carrier to offer BlackBerry�s first Android smartphone, PRIV� by BlackBerry� - See more at: PRIV by BlackBerry Available from AT&T Nov. 6 | AT&T
    11-02-15 11:02 AM
    Haha, I've gotten over it. Started associating it with privilege. Then BlackBerry came out with a video with "my privelege". Then the Carphone Warehouse chick. The pronunciation makes the difference.
    The internet should be more British.
    sirk25 likes this.
    11-02-15 11:11 AM
    Guess I will have to see if Shop BB really isn't shipping until after the 6th. If no notice of shipping before Friday morning, guess will be cancelling and heading to At&t.
    11-02-15 11:17 AM
    Guess I will have to see if Shop BB really isn't shipping until after the 6th. If no notice of shipping before Friday morning, guess will be cancelling and heading to At&t.
    I called them this morning. They are shipping the 6th. Told me to expect the phone the 10th or 11th.
    11-02-15 11:21 AM
    Other than ATT bloat ware and carrier sim locked, is there any difference between this and shopbb model? I am thinking unlocked from BB is the way to go.
    11-02-15 11:22 AM
    ATT website does not mention wireless charging in the specs overview? Interesting.
    11-02-15 11:23 AM
    Never buy unlocked from a carrier!

Posted via CB10
    Depends. In Canada the supposed price is $799, and even if you pay for the highly overpriced carrier unlock it comes out to be $849, still $50 cheaper than SBB.

But then it could be a different variant.
    11-02-15 11:24 AM
    Other than ATT bloat ware and carrier sim locked, is there any difference between this and shopbb model? I am thinking unlocked from BB is the way to go.
    I wouldn't think if one is paying full price for the phone it would be locked. Usually once the phone is paid off, you can unlock it.
    11-02-15 11:26 AM
    I wouldn't think if one is paying full price for the phone it would be locked. Usually once the phone is paid off, you can unlock it.
    Yes, US rules is that if you buy it outright, they must unlock it immediately for free.
    DroidBerryGuy likes this.
    11-02-15 11:27 AM
    259$ on two year contract in America, what about Canada?

Posted via CB10
    okanagan likes this.
    11-02-15 11:30 AM
    People happy now?

BlackBerry Priv!!
    sirk25 and Mr4aces like this.
    11-02-15 11:37 AM
    Could explain why VZW isn't rumored to get it until next year.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps they are just waiting to see how well it sells on AT&T. Considering how the Passport was not exactly flying off their shelves and the networks are similar in size, Verizon might be taking a wait and see approach.

Haha, I've gotten over it. Started associating it with privilege. Then BlackBerry came out with a video with "my privelege". Then the Carphone Warehouse chick. The pronunciation makes the difference.

I still believe that there were much better options, but it's grown on me. The Passport was a hit for myself immediately. Anyway, shut up lol, I'm on board now... isn't that what matters :-)

Posted via CB10
    Out of curiosity, how were you pronouncing it?
    11-02-15 11:39 AM
    259$ on two year contract in America, what about Canada?

Posted via CB10
    $399.
    11-02-15 11:41 AM
    Hmmmm. I wonder if they'll have cases and accessories available in store too.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 11:51 AM
    For a phone? Lol

Posted via CB10
    that is good actually...i hope to see videos of line-ups at the stores where people are going to buy their Priv...it will show enthusiasm and create a bigger buzz around the phone
    11-02-15 11:54 AM
    So it's more expensive at ATT by 40 bucks and you won't be unlocked (at least right away) and you won't have presumably faster updates that the shopbb models have, and you'll have AT&T branding. Shopbb is the way to go.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 11:56 AM
    Hope it's not an exclusive.

Still no word from TMobile.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    For a phone? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Only because I have so many hours to burn before the end of the year. Can't carry any hours over.
    Perhaps they are just waiting to see how well it sells on AT&T. Considering how the Passport was not exactly flying off their shelves and the networks are similar in size, Verizon might be taking a wait and see approach.

Out of curiosity, how were you pronouncing it?
    Honestly, when it first leaked my entire family joked about it. I, as a BlackBerry follower, immediately thought privacy and security so I thought priiiive and my sister joked about it sounding like perv when I said maybe it's the BlackBerry Priv. Probably the way I said it. Not as graceful as others haha.

My mother, currently using a Passport, also hated the name when it leaked, but she is the one that eventually said to me that the Priv sounds more like a privilege and here we are. I later showed her the BlackBerry video stating "My Privilege". And I got the told ya so lol.

We do not pronounce privacy the same way as that Carphone Warehouse lady and I was pretty furious at BlackBerry over the name considering there was confusion on the pronunciation to begin with and the fact that I do think there are better names.

I ultimately went on a ton of rants about the name of the device and the stupidity behind it lol. It has some great hardware and sometimes I feel like BlackBerry is purposely taking one step forward and two back so I vented about it all over the front page articles when initially leaked as "Priv".

Now, I'm pretty chill with the name. I switched the whole family to BB10 and now my mom is the one who wants to talk to customer retention to see if she can get the Priv on contact and just turn in her AT&T Passport on Friday (it's her birthday). My sister and I just got her the Passport on Mother's Day to.

Mom is getting spoiled lol. I'd be mad if she has it before I do! Sorry for going slightly off-topic, but there ya go :-)

Posted via CB10
    MobileTrekker likes this.
    11-02-15 11:59 AM
    Haha. Pretty funny :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 12:04 PM
    ?
    Cause it's typically more expensive than directly from the manufacturer

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 12:04 PM
    If you buy on contract with AT&T for $259 or whatever, are the monthly payments higher on that line for the two years to cover the full cost of the phone? IOW, do you still end up paying full price for it?

I wonder if it's better to buy from AT&T just to get their support, return options, etc? Not a fan of ShopBlackberry in the US, that is, Digital River.

Any opinions?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 12:21 PM
    that is good actually...i hope to see videos of line-ups at the stores where people are going to buy their Priv...it will show enthusiasm and create a bigger buzz around the phone
    How is that going to happen when there's very little marketing? People don't know this phone exists, so there certainly won't be lines.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-02-15 12:34 PM
178 1234 ...