Does anyone have it on the Priv? I have an unlocked version on AT&T and can't find it. I had an att branded Priv as well when it came out and still didn't see it in there either. Just wonder if the Priv is capable.
    12-05-15 11:28 AM
    Do you mean this one? It's under cellular networks settings

AT&T Enhanced LTE?-23461.jpg

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    John Betschart likes this.
    12-05-15 12:17 PM
    Works on my ATT Priv. Just about the only thing that does.

BlackBerry Priv
    12-05-15 12:31 PM
    Does anyone have it on the Priv? I have an unlocked version on AT&T and can't find it. I had an att branded Priv as well when it came out and still didn't see it in there either. Just wonder if the Priv is capable.
    I've unlocked model on ATT and I don't see the settings either.

either it's disabled for us or its a bug
    12-05-15 12:49 PM
    AT&T will not support LTE-A, (also called enhanced LTE, or LTE Advanced, I'm surprised the marketers aren't calling it 5G) on Factory Unlocked devices, (not sure about Carrier Unlocked). T-Mo does, I'm not sure about other carriers.

I just set up a new APN with the same settings as a carrier locked device, and still don't have those options.
    There are some settings that can be changed by some apps, (LTE Discovery and Advanced Signal Status is what I have). But I don't know enough to feel comfortable playing with them.

I DO have an LTE-A capable SIM card installed, same SIM as was in my AT&T Carrier Locked Priv, and had LTE-A with this SIM.

Maybe somebody smarter than me will chime in and get us set up, or, maybe we'll just need to switch to T-Mo. Honestly, it doesn't make that much difference, at least not yet.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-02-16 09:30 AM
    You can see more details in another post I made on this topic but here's the net. I own an unlocked Priv and an AT&T Priv. If you need HD Voice and VoLTE on AT&T you will need the AT&T variant. However, the unlocked Priv will get these services on T-Mobile. This is a typical AT&T tactic and why I currently own 2 Privs. I bought the unlocked so that I could forgo the carrier BS and get faster software updates only to find out that the enhanced LTE services were locked down.
    geekaren likes this.
    01-02-16 11:21 AM
    Yeah, we're pretending we know something, and trying to get around it. Looks like we are going to have to pretend a whole lot harder.
    On top of that, we've basically high-jacked a thread. OP has indicated he has all the responses he needs and is curious if it can be done. So hopefully no hard feelings.
    I'll go over and check out your post.
    ----
    Can't find it
    Last edited by Wezard; 01-02-16 at 12:43 PM.
    01-02-16 12:24 PM
    AT&T will not support LTE-A, (also called enhanced LTE, or LTE Advanced, I'm surprised the marketers aren't calling it 5G) on Factory Unlocked devices, (not sure about Carrier Unlocked). T-Mo does, I'm not sure about other carriers.

I just set up a new APN with the same settings as a carrier locked device, and still don't have those options.
    There are some settings that can be changed by some apps, (LTE Discovery and Advanced Signal Status is what I have). But I don't know enough to feel comfortable playing with them.

I DO have an LTE-A capable SIM card installed, same SIM as was in my AT&T Carrier Locked Priv, and had LTE-A with this SIM.

Maybe somebody smarter than me will chime in and get us set up, or, maybe we'll just need to switch to T-Mo. Honestly, it doesn't make that much difference, at least not yet.
    do you have VoLTE enabled on AT&T's side? If you don't it can't work.

01-02-16 12:26 PM
    My AT&T Priv has enhanced LTE.

Attached Thumbnails AT&T Enhanced LTE?-9498.jpg  
    01-02-16 01:11 PM
    Bunch of you guys aren't reading this
    We're well aware that an ATT&T priv on AT&T WILL get LTE-A, and that Factory Unlocked on AT&T WILL NOT. We're trying to find a work around!
    The phones we are working with are identical hardware, and the SIM's are provisioned exactly the same. So far we're not having luck.
    Anybody else wants to tell us how it's supposed to work, don't bother, we know.
    Anybody with any ideas on a work around, please chime in.
    01-02-16 06:41 PM
    Yep, just interested to see if we can somehow provision the Sim to give our unlocked devices these options. Can anyone find any similar situation of different devices on XDA?
    01-02-16 10:51 PM
    Probably no different than trying to use the AT&T Address Book on an unlocked Z30 on the AT&T network. AT&T blocks it. I have bugged them many times but they will not bend. The Z30 is capable, but syncing is blocked by AT&T's servers.
    01-02-16 10:52 PM
    Quick recap, since most of the 'experiment' was carried out on another thread.
    Me - AT&T Priv, on AT&T and LTE-A working - software issues - returned AT&T Priv, got new from BB, moved existing SIM to new device. SIM was off air for maybe 20 min.
    Him - AT&T Priv, on AT&T and LTE-A working - supplied complete list of APN settings.
    Me - Configured new APN with supplied settings.
    Theory - Identical hardware, Sim's were provisioned the same, identical APN - should have given me LTE-A.

Didn't work - Phone works fine with new APN, just no LTE-A.

There are some hidden radio settings, accessible with LTE Discovery, and Advanced Signal Status apps. But I don't know enough to be comfortable playing with them.

To the best of my knowledge, the only current difference between 'regular' LTE and advanced, is HD Voice and VoLTE. I couldn't tell the difference with or with out HD Voice, nor with or without VoLTE. The big advantage to VoLTE is, supposed to be the ability to talk on LTE while using LTE data at the same time. Without the advanced features, if talking while using data, your data connection is dropped back to the same slower 3G or 4G channel as voice. I don't do a whole lot of data while talking, but I did try it a few times and again, couldn't tell the difference.
    -- This was in the Atlanta area, it could make a difference elsewhere. And may become more important in my area.

You can take an unlocked N America STV100-1and put it on the T-Mo network and get LTE-A. They are a lot more liberal with BYOD.
    01-03-16 08:43 AM
    As someone who is technically challenged but thinking of getting Priv through ShopBB instead of AT$T (my carrier for over 15 years) - what is the difference in layman's terms - what am I actually NOT getting if I go shop BB - what does the LTE- actually do (A, Enhanced or otherwise)?

What real difference does HD voice or VoLTE make?

If I am using my phone mainly for calls, text and emails with limited browsing - will it make big difference not to have to have it? (somewhat confused on what it actually does).

Thanks
    01-03-16 11:02 AM
    As someone who is technically challenged but thinking of getting Priv through ShopBB instead of AT$T (my carrier for over 15 years) - what is the difference in layman's terms - what am I actually NOT getting if I go shop BB - what does the LTE- actually do (A, Enhanced or otherwise)?

What real difference does HD voice or VoLTE make?

If I am using my phone mainly for calls, text and emails with limited browsing - will it make big difference not to have to have it? (somewhat confused on what it actually does).
    You are going to get LTE either way - make sure you get an LTE SIM from AT&T!
    LTE is basically higher data speeds. VoLTE is voice over LTE. your voice is digitized, and packaged in little peices and sent as data.
    HD Voice is a higher sampling rate of VoLTE, supposed to sound better.

1- Talk only, you are talking on 3G or 4G without the Advanced or Enhanced, (I'm calling it LTE-A)
    1A- Talk only, you may be talking over LTE, if it's available

2- Data only, you will be on LTE, if available, reguardless if 'regular' or 'advanced'

3- Voice and data simultaneously, voice is on 3 or 4G, data will drop back back to same as voice, on 'regular.
    3A- Voice and data simultaneously, voice is on VoLTE, and data stays on faster LTE.

HD Voice does use more data and battery, not sure how much of either, though I did not notice any extra battery drain during the couple of days I had it turned on.

I cannot tell the difference, however my only experimentation has been in the Atlanta GA USA area, it may make more of a difference elsewhere. And, the carriers have big plans for LTE-A, so it may make more of a difference a couple years down the road.

Hope I made it a little clearer, I'm usually pretty good at technical explanations and directions. This was not one of my best.
    gritsinct likes this.
    01-03-16 12:14 PM
    And I suspect AT&T will get more liberal as time goes by, just a guess.
    AT&T is getting rid of subsidized phones on contract, more and more Americans are choosing to outright purchase their phone.
    T Mobile already allows full features with BYOD, ( bring your own device).
    01-03-16 12:21 PM
    HD Voice does use more data and battery, not sure how much of either
    Technically more data, but unless you are roaming, the data used by HD Voice does not count towards your data usage.

HD Voice does sound noticeably clearer, I experienced it calling iPhone 6 users and for example could easily hear while in a loud environment (Dave and Busters).

01-03-16 01:14 PM
    Technically more data, but unless you are roaming, the data used by HD Voice does not count towards your data usage.

HD Voice does sound noticeably clearer, I experienced it calling iPhone 6 users and for example could easily hear while in a loud environment (Dave and Busters).

I forgot to mention that VoLTE comes out of your minutes, not data 'bucket', not really sure how they figure it up though.
    Never occurred to me that I might not notice any difference in HD Voice. I wouldn't, unless the other end also had it on.
    -- When you think about it, it's kind of, Duhhhh
    01-03-16 02:19 PM
    Thanks Wezard and TI_Master. Informative - sounds like little difference for my particular uses.
    01-03-16 04:53 PM
    Has anyone tried the att autoloader that BlackBerry just put out?
    03-13-16 09:19 AM
    LTE-A otherwise known as LTE-Advanced is TDD-LTE for which only one carrier is actively using it. AT&T only has a couple of markets active while Sprint on the other hand has over 100 markets active with carrier aggregation 2xCA on band 41.
    03-13-16 10:02 AM
    Anyone have any luck with VoLTE on TMobile? My experience it's not ready for primetime. On a TMobile Priv too. Simple things like text message or new email will drop calls.

Ended up turning off LTE for reliability.

BlackBerry Priv
    03-13-16 05:04 PM
    LTE-A otherwise known as LTE-Advanced is TDD-LTE for which only one carrier is actively using it. AT&T only has a couple of markets active while Sprint on the other hand has over 100 markets active with carrier aggregation 2xCA on band 41.
    From some of the PTCRB filings, it looks like AT&T may have CA on 2&17, 4&17, 2&29, 4&29. I know their 700 MHz/band 29 network was carved out solely for CA.
    --
    I think it's semantically incorrect to refer to "Enhanced LTE" as LTE-A. What carriers are calling "Enhanced LTE" are services that require LTE (or IMS,) whereas LTE-A is an evolved iteration of LTE, most commonly seen as carrier aggregation (CA.) You don't need to have CA to have "Enhanced LTE" services, but carriers like AT&T may bundle provisioning with specific IMEI ranges.

Speaking of IMEI, have you guys (unlocked -1 owners on AT&T) tried dummy IMEI provisioning with AT&T -1 IMEIs?
    03-14-16 12:02 PM
    From some of the PTCRB filings, it looks like AT&T may have CA on 2&17, 4&17, 2&29, 4&29. I know their 700 MHz/band 29 network was carved out solely for CA.
    --
    I think it's semantically incorrect to refer to "Enhanced LTE" as LTE-A. What carriers are calling "Enhanced LTE" are services that require LTE (or IMS,) whereas LTE-A is an evolved iteration of LTE, most commonly seen as carrier aggregation (CA.) You don't need to have CA to have "Enhanced LTE" services, but carriers like AT&T may bundle provisioning with specific IMEI ranges.

Speaking of IMEI, have you guys (unlocked -1 owners on AT&T) tried dummy IMEI provisioning with AT&T -1 IMEIs?
    Yes - didn't work. I assume you mean setting up an APN same as a carrier locked E-LTE enabled?
    Factory unlocked -1
    03-24-16 08:30 AM
    Yes - didn't work. I assume you mean setting up an APN same as a carrier locked E-LTE enabled?
    Factory unlocked -1
    Are you even able to edit the APN? AT&T generally doesn't allow that. It's their thing.

What I meant by IMEI provisioning was getting an AT&T Priv's IMEI (from either a store model or a dummy version from a someone's IMEI) and calling AT&T to tell them that you want to activate a new phone on their network. Then, when asked for details, tell them it's an AT&T Priv, and give them the model/dummy IMEI.
    03-24-16 01:28 PM
30 12