I've been getting more and more spam calls on my Priv, and read about AT&T Call Protect app, so I go to Google Play Store, find it only to read that version 1.4.8... "is not compatible with my device". Wonder why?

Any advice on a spam and call blocker app?
    03-08-18 03:18 PM
    I've been getting more and more spam calls on my Priv, and read about AT&T Call Protect app, so I go to Google Play Store, find it only to read that version 1.4.8... "is not compatible with my device". Wonder why?

Any advice on a spam and call blocker app?
    What version of Android required? Nougat or higher required?
    03-08-18 03:20 PM
    Google Play states :"Android 5 & up required". I'm on 6.0.1
    03-08-18 04:09 PM
    Is it an AT&T phone with all their special sauce bloat and OS? If not it prob won't work. And you have to be on a post paid plan, prepaid plan phones are not eligible.
    Try Mr Number or one of the other apps, nomorobo, etc. Mr Number is OK, and free.
    03-09-18 05:44 PM
    Wezard: Its an AT&T Priv, on post paid plan, so I'm still curious. When I go to the Play Store from a computer (i.e. not my phone) the app store suggest that the app will run on two other tablets I have, neither of which is from AT&T (WiFi only). Still puzzled. I'm test driving the "Hiya" app (freeware).
    03-12-18 12:31 PM
    App is available on my KEYone which is still AT&T Carrier Locked. Many AT&T PRIV were allowed to be switched from Carrier Locked to Factory Unlocked about 15 months ago.

This was through special update pushed out both from AT&T first and then BlackBerry if memory serves me correctly. There was a problem with "NO SVC" issue and doing this update allowed BB to be responsible for all further device support instead of AT&T.

Looking at the app requirements, says that must be carrier device. If your PRIV received these updates, possible the AT&T system doesn't see your PRIV as carrier device anymore? Contact AT&T support because they may be able to manually provision enhanced features like this and HD Voice to your device.
    hamilgs likes this.
    03-12-18 01:08 PM
    does not have HD Voice ATT requires for that... not on KEYᴼᴺᴱ either nor VVM nor many other features offered... not smart move by TCL
    03-12-18 01:21 PM
    I use "Should I Answer" off play store. free, no ads.
    hamilgs likes this.
    03-12-18 01:23 PM
    does not have HD Voice ATT requires for that... not on KEYᴼᴺᴱ either nor VVM nor many other features offered... not smart move by TCL
    I'm pretty sure my carrier locked AT&T PRIV had HD Voice. I definitely had VVM and other AT&T Enhanced Features on my PRIV. I have all enhanced features on my AT&T Carrier Locked KEYone except for WFC. I don't know how to check for WFC settings.
    hamilgs likes this.
    03-12-18 01:34 PM
    I'm guessing as to why you can't get the AT&T call block, I think I said that.
    I do know that AT&T will not provision enhanced LTE features on a phone if you did not purchase it from them, (HD voice, voice and data over LTE simultaneously) nor do they allow wifi calling.
    I do not know how the AT&T purchased but unlocked by BB thing plays into that. Quite possibly hit or miss and not uniform.
    A carrier locked Priv should get all that cool stuff, including, I would think, the call block app.
    03-12-18 05:13 PM
    I'm guessing as to why you can't get the AT&T call block, I think I said that.
    I do know that AT&T will not provision enhanced LTE features on a phone if you did not purchase it from them, (HD voice, voice and data over LTE simultaneously) nor do they allow wifi calling.
    I do not know how the AT&T purchased but unlocked by BB thing plays into that. Quite possibly hit or miss and not uniform.
    A carrier locked Priv should get all that cool stuff, including, I would think, the call block app.
    Correct if still carrier locked. The reason on the special updates is that your phone no longer shows up as carrier locked to AT&T so you no longer automatically get the enhanced services.
    03-12-18 06:29 PM
    I've read here that some still got HD voice and wifi calling after the AT&T to BB 'fix', and others saying they didn't. Which was why I was guessing that it may have been haphazard. Things were pretty much in turmoil back then, and we weren't being anything by AT&T or BB.
    I obviously don't know for sure.
    03-12-18 08:01 PM
    I've read here that some still got HD voice and wifi calling after the AT&T to BB 'fix', and others saying they didn't. Which was why I was guessing that it may have been haphazard. Things were pretty much in turmoil back then, and we weren't being anything by AT&T or BB.
    I obviously don't know for sure.
    Agreed. Since the device is technically AT&T bought and used on AT&T, calling AT&T customer service will probably get the problem fixed manually.
    03-12-18 08:36 PM
    AT&T customer service will probably get the problem fixed manually.
    Good luck with that, AT&T does have some good techs, your odds of getting to one are slim. The rest just make stuff up as they go.
    03-12-18 09:33 PM