I have the AT&T BlackBerry Priv.

No matter how many times I turn off WiFi, it continues to turn back on. There are some times when my BlackBerry Priv will not allow me to turn off the WiFi at all. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how can I resolve it?

I still am on Android Version 5.1.1 with the February 1, 2016 Android Security Patch Level. Every time I check for an update, it says that I have the latest update, even though Marshmallow was released for the AT&T BlackBerry Priv months ago. How can I get my phone to update?
    12-24-16 03:44 PM
    I have the AT&T BlackBerry Priv.

No matter how many times I turn off WiFi, it continues to turn back on. There are some times when my BlackBerry Priv will not allow me to turn off the WiFi at all. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how can I resolve it?

I still am on Android Version 5.1.1 with the February 1, 2016 Android Security Patch Level. Every time I check for an update, it says that I have the latest update, even though Marshmallow was released for the AT&T BlackBerry Priv months ago. How can I get my phone to update?
    An update will likely fix your issues...the following link may be helpful.

How to install Android Marshmallow on your AT&T branded Priv when not using an AT&T SIM | CrackBerry.com
    FF22 likes this.
    12-24-16 04:12 PM
    I don't remember exactly where, but look for a system or bloatware setting that defaults to constantly looking for wifi hot spots. That might be your problem, good luck.
    12-24-16 09:49 PM
    Or just call ATT - they pushed Marshmallow for me - took a couple of days.
    12-25-16 11:16 PM
    I wasn't going to say anything... I can't prove it, this is completely anecdotal - I could have sworn I turned WiFi off, yet somehow, sure enough, I found myself connected to that diseased "attwifi" network. Maybe I saw what you saw?!?

I'm still hoping I'm just crazy and fat fingered something. See this other "nasty bug" thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...privs-1095233/
    12-26-16 09:14 PM
    Definitely get the latest available version of Marshmallow. Use an auto loader if necessary.
    Turn wifi and bluetooth scanning OFF - it's under location > three dot menu, (I think it's called over flow menu?).
    Logic would indicate that if wifi is OFF, it won't scan for wifi, but logic doesn't always apply to Android. And the special OS's used by US carriers can also make things wonky.

Wondering if I should have said 'logic seldom applies to Android', instead of 'doesn't always'.
    12-29-16 04:02 AM
    Most android are the same (ish) in settings. Go to settings- wifi- advanced- and toggle scan for wifi even when WiFi is off. Should work
    12-29-16 04:17 AM
    Most android are the same (ish) in settings. Go to settings- wifi- advanced- and toggle scan for wifi even when WiFi is off. Should work
    He wants Wifi OFF, you are correct that under Lollipop the setting is under wifi, that changed with Marshmallow.
    12-30-16 05:58 AM
    And that's why I told him where the toggle is, so he can turn that setting off
    12-30-16 09:51 AM
    And that's why I told him where the toggle is, so he can turn that setting off
    The same problem has cropped up on my Priv which was purchased from Blackberry directly. I do not see the toggle mentioned when I look for advanced settings for Wifi. If it is running marshmallow should it not have the same settings? I would appreciate a screen shot to the settings menu if someone know where I should look. Thank you in advance for your help.
    03-19-18 02:47 PM
    Go to settings then Wi-fi. In the top right there’s 3 dots (or lines) that open further menus. It’s in there
    03-19-18 02:55 PM
    Thank you. I don't see the toggle in that menu. A restart allowed me to turn it off for now, but after a bit it recurs. Will just have to cope as there will be no Nougat upgrade for this phone.
    03-19-18 03:27 PM