Hi everyone,

I just received my Priv today, and I'm in the process of porting the contacts from my old Z30 over to the new device. I tried using the Blackberry Content Transfer app, but it only manages to transfer 18 of my ~400 contacts. I can't find a good way to transfer over the contacts to the new device, and the prospect of having to do this manually isn't a very pleasant one. There must be something I'm missing, who can help me out?

Second question: I've set up the Blackberry Contacts app to sync my Twitter, LinkedIn etc.. contacts, but these also aren't showing up in the contacts list. Any ideas as to why that may be?
    10-13-16 12:27 PM
    Hi everyone,

I just received my Priv today, and I'm in the process of porting the contacts from my old Z30 over to the new device. I tried using the Blackberry Content Transfer app, but it only manages to transfer 18 of my ~400 contacts. I can't find a good way to transfer over the contacts to the new device, and the prospect of having to do this manually isn't a very pleasant one. There must be something I'm missing, who can help me out?

Second question: I've set up the Blackberry Contacts app to sync my Twitter, LinkedIn etc.. contacts, but these also aren't showing up in the contacts list. Any ideas as to why that may be?
    I have to admit to using Google for Contacts and Calendar transfer. It was pretty painless. I had been using it on the Z30 so when I setup the Priv with the same google email account stuff just synced!

I'm not sure if Contacts are local to the device or in some other "location" if Content Transfer sees them all or not.

I don't know if the Z30 can export in some format that the Priv can import???
    Ravnl likes this.
    10-13-16 01:36 PM
    So glad that I moved away from non-cloud syncing of contacts.....

I'd try again with the Content Transfer app... play with it a little and only backup some items.

There are a number Backup apps that you can get for BB10 (Backup Pro), that will export your contacts to a file format that could be used to imporat your contacts... either to a cloud email service or to your phone. Export to your SD Card and then Import from it...
    FF22 and Ravnl like this.
    10-13-16 01:36 PM