I am trying to set up my PRIV to use my Outlook contacts, email and calendar. What is the best way to set this up? I don't really use my gmail for anything but as a secondary email account. I am using Office 365 along with a downloaded version of Outlook. I have a work account and a personal outlook contacts and email address. I don't seem to be able to have all of it work together.
    Whats the best way to set it all up so I can access everything and most especially use my personal contacts to make calls etc.
    Thanks!
    09-04-17 10:46 AM
    Have a look at akruto sync - I have been using it for years and it keeps everything well away from the cloud!
    ccsmudge likes this.
    09-04-17 10:54 AM
    I am trying to set up my PRIV to use my Outlook contacts, email and calendar. What is the best way to set this up? I don't really use my gmail for anything but as a secondary email account. I am using Office 365 along with a downloaded version of Outlook. I have a work account and a personal outlook contacts and email address. I don't seem to be able to have all of it work together.
    Whats the best way to set it all up so I can access everything and most especially use my personal contacts to make calls etc.
    Thanks!
    You should add the accounts directly to your Priv, and not attempting to sync to the Outlook desktop. That way, any read/unread/file/delete actions will sync automatically.
    09-04-17 11:03 AM
    The Outlook client is a pretty solid choice. I have mine setup with 5 accounts
    09-04-17 11:03 AM
    Have a look at akruto sync - I have been using it for years and it keeps everything well away from the cloud!
    This looks perfect thanks!
    Dewcal likes this.
    09-05-17 08:48 PM
    You should add the accounts directly to your Priv, and not attempting to sync to the Outlook desktop. That way, any read/unread/file/delete actions will sync automatically.
    The problem is that I need it to sync automatically. I need my outlook to follow me from Desktop to phone and be updated along the way so I have access to everything as I go. I think the sync option above is probably going to be the best bet. Thanks for your help!
    09-05-17 08:50 PM
    The problem is that I need it to sync automatically. I need my outlook to follow me from Desktop to phone and be updated along the way so I have access to everything as I go. I think the sync option above is probably going to be the best bet. Thanks for your help!
    Should be done in the cloud. Your outlook app gets the same email, contacts, calender ect. your computer gets. If you have Office 365 your phone and computer shouldn't need to be manually synced. Works that way on all my devices at least.
    09-05-17 08:52 PM
    The Hub on the Priv will sync everything because that's how the Exchange protocol works. Any mail app that works with Exchange accounts will do that.
    09-05-17 08:59 PM
    Thanks for the question, ccsmudge. This was an issue I faced this past January when I had to switch to a Priv from my Passport because I needed an Android App for work (and I was too chicken to use the Cobalt method for my Passport to get the Google Play Store).

I did hours of research on this very issue since I've been using Outlook at home for all of my Contacts & Calendars for 10+ years now, and I need that information on my phone. It is a shame that Blackberry, which is now a "software company," did not give us consumers/prosumers an equivalent program like Blackberry Link for our phones when they switched to Android.

That being said, I came across Akrutosync (as Dewcal mentioned), but I have no desire to pay for such software. My sour experience when I used an older version of CompanionLink some years ago also lingered in the back of my mind - especially since I paid for it.

I found a free app called MyPhoneExplorer made by FJ Software Development. No cloud involved - which is what I wanted. It was a bit confusing to set up, but it worked flawlessly for me for syncing my Oulook 2010 Calandar & contacts...up until about 2 weeks ago. Suddenly, no calendar notifications (visual in the notification bar up top, or audible ones) are working for calendar events/meetings. But the events still synced to my phone. I have spent hours trying to figure out a solution. I was debating wiping my phone, but there is no guarantee that it will work afterwards. I cannot pinpoint when, but I have a feeling that with my last set of major BB updates or possibly another app, something get set awry in my phone. I am so frustrated that I actually wiped and rebuilt my Passport, used Cobalts' tools to get the Android app I needed, and I will start to use my Passport again until I can resolve the Priv notification issue. I tried BB tech support, but they were no help.

As a corollary, if i add an event manually into the calendar on my phone, notifications work perfectly fine.

Sorry for the long tangent, but I wanted to give you a heads-up in case you came across MyPhoneExplorer.
    09-09-17 12:10 PM
    Why wouldn't you just use HUB?
    09-09-17 12:19 PM
    I do use the BB Hub. I have scoured the phone for all the proper notification/sounds/app settings; and sill no notifications appear for events/meetings that have been synced to and are on the phone.
    09-09-17 12:39 PM