Finally upgraded 2 BB10 devices in our office, one of which is mine - after months of deliberating , arrives tomorrow. My Z10 has been the best phone - by a country mile - to help run my business over the last few years. BB10 has been absolutely phenomenal and I'll be keeping the Z10 in the drawer just in case. I'm hoping I can customise the Priv enough to BB10 theme/feel, but I'm staying open minded and willing to give it a good try out. Watch this space...!

Posted via CB10
    05-23-16 04:08 PM
    Finally upgraded 2 BB10 devices in our office, one of which is mine - after months of deliberating , arrives tomorrow. My Z10 has been the best phone - by a country mile - to help run my business over the last few years. BB10 has been absolutely phenomenal and I'll be keeping the Z10 in the drawer just in case. I'm hoping I can customise the Priv enough to BB10 theme/feel, but I'm staying open minded and willing to give it a good try out. Watch this space...!

Posted via CB10
    The priv is a great android phone but I still don't see it as a great business device compared to any bb10 phone. Just my opinion. You'll love having the ability to access a fully working App Store on a blackberry though. And honestly android works quite well and it's pretty simplistic on the priv. However, nothing compares to BB10 for productivity though.
    05-23-16 04:19 PM
    As a BlackBerry user that has never owned another brand, the Priv comes with quite a learning curve. I pre-ordered my first one when it first came out and returned it a week later after deciding it was garbage. Months later I bought a new one and I've been hammering on it ever since.

Give it a good go with an open mind to change. It's a great phone.

My name is Jimmy and I am a BlackBerryaholic.
    Jim Kerr likes this.
    05-23-16 04:21 PM
    Thanks. Yes, thats my worry, I love BB10 productivity but agree Apps would be good.! Maybe some decent biz apps and productivity apps might help! Fingers crossed.
    05-23-16 04:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    It will definitely take getting use to. Give it time.

Enjoy.
    Jim Kerr and Jrox74 like this.
    05-23-16 04:45 PM
    Same here. Returned mine a few days after launch because it was weird to use. Then went on to a iPhone, Note 5 and iPhone 6s Plus.

Decided a few weeks ago to look for a used Priv and found a good deal and am very impressed!

I also run my business from my phone and am confident enough in the Priv to leave the iPhone and Classic at home and just use the Priv.

It's only been a few days but I'm going to give the Priv a solid 2 weeks to make me convert.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-23-16 10:58 PM
    Well two new Privs arrived today and....they're staying in the box so far...thanks to Vodafone UK, who it seems are not rolling out the MM update! (Phones supplied with 5.1.1) So these ones look like they'll be going straight back and we'll be moving over to another UK carrier who IS rolling out the update...what a let down...hope that's not fate...! The wait goes on and BB10 fights another day...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-24-16 06:47 PM
    Return packs ordered. My advice for the forum. DO NOT GET A PRIV WITH VODAFONE UK.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 03:32 AM
    I don't know if makes sense for your company's phone, but what about getting both, or at least one as a trail, factory unlocked? This way you are not tied to your carrier's will and you can test drive the phone for 30-days-return-policy... just a suggestion

05-25-16 08:26 AM
    I also threatened to return my Priv when I first got it a few weeks ago. But I'm notorious for doing that whenever I get a new phone LOL. Took back my HTC EVO twice. Loved my Passport but I love having lots of working apps on my Priv better. But the thing that always me smile when using the Priv is sliding out that PKB!

xKingHopy and mmcclure0453 like this.
    05-25-16 08:45 AM
    Well, as per another thread, the Vodafone update came through (I'm claiming credit for that one!) So we got to keep our Privs! Only been a few days but I'm finding it actually ok ! I was an OS10 die hard and whilst I'm still adapting to this android stuff ( it's definitely not as fluid as OS10 - I doubt anything else ever will be to be fair)but It seems like I could live with this so far....we shall see..!

gebco likes this.
    05-28-16 10:24 AM
    Part of the reason I haven't moved to the Priv yet is that I don't have the time to lose productivity as I transition over from my Z30; work is too busy. I'll probably end up getting one when I'm on holidays.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-16 02:17 PM
    I was exactly the same. I run a business. Put off changing from the Z10 as long as humanly possible. I was dreading losing OS10, and having read all the 'mixed' reviews on here, I waited months on an expired contract before taking the plunge. It's early days, and yes it's very different, but once I've found my way round it, I'm not hugely less productive...so far. Android is never going to touch OS10 but on balance, I'm enjoying it so far and whilst I was never a big app user, the plus side is having the choice.!

FF22 likes this.
    05-29-16 01:39 PM
    Whatever works for you...
    Last edited by roleli; 06-12-16 at 02:24 PM.
    05-29-16 02:41 PM
    What are the productivity issues with Android... honest question. I work for a HUGE company and they do not support BB10, so I'm curious as to what I am missing. Granted with my line of work i have to use a laptop when remote.

05-29-16 02:54 PM
    I thought about it. I have traded a\nd bought several phones since giving up on the classic and the passport. I'm on the fence tbh. I went to an iphone 6 this weekend because I am just tired of having to go through so much rigmarole in trying to get things to work properly.
    05-29-16 03:14 PM
    well said!

un˝un˝jnjnunuujn˝˝˝jnu˝nn˝nu˝nnnĐnul.hjl
    ˙˙˙˙¨˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙jjjjuuuunjujjuuuuujujjjnjjn
    05-29-16 05:33 PM
    I thought about it. I have traded a\nd bought several phones since giving up on the classic and the passport. I'm on the fence tbh. I went to an iphone 6 this weekend because I am just tired of having to go through so much rigmarole in trying to get things to work properly.
    I've watched you go back and forth. I think your heart want to be loyal to BB, but your head wants the flexibility of iOS. Nothing wrong with that. You got to go with what works best for you.

I can get away with either a Classic or a Passport because my needs are really simple. BBM, text, email, music, fast tube, calculators & camera for my job and really lite FB & Twitter use. Oh, and of course, a decent phone.The rest of the fluff I can get at home from my android running tablet.
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    05-29-16 09:11 PM
    I've watched you go back and forth. I think your heart want to be loyal to BB, but your head wants the flexibility of iOS. Nothing wrong with that. You got to go with what works best for you.

I can get away with either a Classic or a Passport because my needs are really simple. BBM, text, email, music, fast tube, calculators & camera for my job and really lite FB & Twitter use. Oh, and of course, a decent phone.The rest of the fluff I can get at home from my android running tablet.
    True...fact is people change. My brain was so stuck on anting to be able to customize my device. A huge chunk of my 20s-30s was rooting putting on customized firmware, having the most storage and the highest specs. As I went farther away from computers and more into my career, I think I got lost on what I really am looking for. I just love tinkering with electronics....but now it comes down to what I truly doing with my personal cell phone to constantly switch? Mine is battery life (I am away from home for long hours),email, text, listening to music and reading. I do a lot of reading on my cell phone. When I am at home I use a surface 3. I am actually impressed with my iPhone 6 at the moment as I took it off the charge at 8:30 pm last night and it's 6:22 pm and I am currently at 71%....that is with being connected to wifi the entire time, making calls, getting emails, web surfing etc.
    05-30-16 06:23 PM
    True...fact is people change. My brain was so stuck on anting to be able to customize my device. A huge chunk of my 20s-30s was rooting putting on customized firmware, having the most storage and the highest specs. As I went farther away from computers and more into my career, I think I got lost on what I really am looking for. I just love tinkering with electronics....but now it comes down to what I truly doing with my personal cell phone to constantly switch? Mine is battery life (I am away from home for long hours),email, text, listening to music and reading. I do a lot of reading on my cell phone. When I am at home I use a surface 3. I am actually impressed with my iPhone 6 at the moment as I took it off the charge at 8:30 pm last night and it's 6:22 pm and I am currently at 71%....that is with being connected to wifi the entire time, making calls, getting emails, web surfing etc.
    Agreed, people do change. For me, I've come to the realization that I'm content using what I need instead of what I thought I wanted. My wife also uses an iphone 6. She is very happy with it and that's what really matters. It never leaves her side and is the best possible soluton for her needs. However, for her it's more for the social aspect i.e facebook, pintrest, YouTube etc. For me, tech can be a lot of fun (and frustrating). My old galaxy tablet fills the void left by my classic & passport . For my job and every day life, the classic and passport have been all I've ever needed. I know that I can use either device for as long as I can without any remorse. When the time comes for me to move on, I'll probably go back to android full time. Unless blackberry come out with...
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    05-31-16 08:10 AM