Hey Blackberry Developers

Great job on the Priv. Love the stuff that you guys added onto Android's platform.

I also like that you're able to swipe up from the bottom of the screen to go into Blackberry Hub, Blackberry Device Search and Google Search.

However, a more useful feature would be to implement a "Swipe up to multitask/switch apps" on the Priv. i.e. You would swipe up and see a list of open/running apps and then be able to jump into the app - with one single swipe motion. No tapping!!! Basically, when you swipe up with your thumb, you get the choice of the Hub, Device Search and Google Search, and then alongside that, a menu of running apps. All you have to do is let your finger go over the app you want to go to. You can still have the option to go into the hub/device search/google search.

As you know, Android is horrible at multitasking friendliness compared to Blackberry 10. Integrating this function on an already good idea would make the phone even better.

See my amateur screenshot edited in paint below as example:

CURRENT IMPLEMENTATION
    Swipe up to multitask/switch apps on Priv (BB developers/employees read this!)-runningapp3.png

PROPOSED IMPLEMENTATION CONCEPT
    Swipe up to multitask/switch apps on Priv (BB developers/employees read this!)-runningapp1.png

SCREENSHOT
    Swipe up to multitask/switch apps on Priv (BB developers/employees read this!)-runningapp2.png

Please consider implementing this as an update. Thanks!!!
    arnavrs likes this.
    11-12-15 01:35 AM
    You can do something better with an app called pie control
    11-12-15 02:13 AM
    Would like an official BlackBerry implementation though. And pie control isn't as pretty as they don't use material design.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-15 02:24 AM
    The app menus itself could use some redesign but I like the way the actual pie control can be customized to a certain extent to how you want it to appear. I have my backgrounds set to 100% transparent with only the selected program highlighted with a white background. I hold the left area of my screen and it appears. I don't think it gets much more minimalistic than that.

Swipe up to multitask/switch apps on Priv (BB developers/employees read this!)-screenshot_2015-11-12-00-34-54.jpg
    djtrent04101 likes this.
    11-12-15 02:38 AM
    Him interesting. Does it let you do switching/ multitasking between running apps?
    BlackBerry should get on it and make a default feature on the Priv and all android devices.
    11-12-15 08:21 AM
    What's that weather app you have?

11-12-15 08:49 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-12-00-34-54.jpg 
Views:	579 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	380205
    Just came here to say, your screen looks a lot like the old "Zen" home screen on BlackBerry OS, back in the OS 5 days

I always thought that was a cool approach

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 08:53 AM
    Install swipeup utility and have it set for swipe up to go to recent apps. Makes it much more bb10 like.
    11-12-15 09:10 AM
    Just tap on the Square and it's the same thing

11-12-15 09:11 AM
    IMHO the only change the needs to be made to the swipe shortcuts is the ability to change the straight up shortcut like you can the other two.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 09:16 AM
    An app that makes use of the curved edge would be sweet.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 09:18 AM
    Just tap on the Square and it's the same thing

The whole point is to be able to multitask without tapping or lifting your finger.

Swipe up, select, and release, and bamn you've switched your window. Need to go back? Swipe up, select, release. No need to tab or scroll or find stuff.
    11-12-15 04:30 PM