--------------------
    Update: BlackBerry fixed this in a new update and now the delays are reduced to acceptable. Thanks to c_bryant!
    --------------------

So, apart from the fact that the Hub flickers with lag every time you scroll.. (slightly better now since the last update, but still messed up) ... now we have an even more annoying problem!!

Emails not opening right away and controls. Look at this video and see how annoying it is.
    I need to go through my emails and act on them fast, and luckily I'm quick. But now, the Hub doesn't catch up anymore. I get more than 200-300 emails per day and I can't afford to keep getting pissed off every time I need to do something email related.

So now:

• Mildly Laggy scrolling
    • Slow reply
    • Slow three dots
    • Slow action menu
    • and plenty more!

BlackBerry stop releasing your updates for the sake of releasing them without full QA!!!
    This is super annoying, aggravating, frustrating and downright embarrassing! For example, my day started 4 hours ago, and I've already lost it twice!!
    Last edited by Devil; 12-09-16 at 04:43 PM.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    12-07-16 07:56 AM
    Thanks for the video. I have the same problem. The Hub is painfully slow now.
    Devil likes this.
    12-07-16 08:16 AM
    I just got another software update today. Did you apply it?
    12-07-16 08:34 AM
    I just got another software update today. Did you apply it?
    Thanks. Did it fix the problem?
    To answer your question, no, I see the last update was the version on Dec 5 for BlackBerry Hub+ Services. Nothing since then.
    12-07-16 08:38 AM
    I didn't watch the video but my hub us snappy as ever... maybe you need to do a hard reset.....
    dave gomez likes this.
    12-07-16 08:42 AM
    To add to what I just posted make sure you don't force close the hub. Leave it running at all times. Don't hit the square and then "clear all". Just close the other apps that are running....
    12-07-16 08:48 AM
    To add to what I just posted make sure you don't force close the hub. Leave it running at all times. Don't hit the square and then "clear all". Just close the other apps that are running....
    That's not it, nor doe clearing the cache work. This is a major issue/bug since the December 1st update to HUB+Services and HUB. There was a HUB+Services update yesterday, that changed the HUB from being totally unusable to just painfully slow, getting there, but no where near as smooth as Novembers update.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    12-07-16 08:55 AM
    My hub is quite snappy as well, I have noticed some minor lag but not enough to complain about. I added my work email icon to my homescreen and use my hub for checking my 4 other email accounts where I usually read a few important emails and then mark the rest read. I did turn on developer options and turn my animations off so not sure if this helps with the snappiness or not.
    12-07-16 09:00 AM
    I'm having no issue at all after the updates. The first time opening the hub after force closing it there is a small lag but only because I'm restarting the app. After that it's as fast as bb10 hub was. Almost instant.
    kariekas likes this.
    12-07-16 09:01 AM
    How is it possible that one person has no problem but it's slow for others?
    FF22 and Devil like this.
    12-07-16 09:06 AM
    I'm guessing constantly closing the hub app, amount of emails synced it has to "pre load" when opening the hub again, the amount of accounts added. The amount of other apps running... I think it all has to do with how the phone is being used. Just my opinion.....
    vanrickman likes this.
    12-07-16 09:10 AM
    I'm guessing constantly closing the hub app, amount of emails synced it has to "pre load" when opening the hub again, the amount of accounts added. The amount of other apps running... I think it all has to do with how the phone is being used. Just my opinion.....
    Again, this is not a "user experience" issue - the one of us having the issue (like me) are most likely keeping the HUB open at all time (see no need to end it if I am receiving over 200 emails a day) - I have even removed the text option within the HUB as this opens the SMS text app, and just keep the HUB running by itself. No joy, still painfully slow.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    12-07-16 09:19 AM
    Well you probably won't like this suggestion but maybe consider doing a complete OS reload with the auto loader file you will find on the blackberry website..........
    12-07-16 09:24 AM
    Well you probably won't like this suggestion but maybe consider doing a complete OS reload with the auto loader file you will find on the blackberry website..........
    I will add to this that I did not get the Verizon OTA update (I should have waited). I used the Autoloader and tried an edited version that was not suppose to Wipe the phone. Well, it did not wipe the phone it BRICKED it. So I had to do the full Autoloader and Wipe. I don't know if that's why I don't have the lag or it is something else innate in my setup.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    12-07-16 09:39 AM
    Try a factory reset in settings... make sure you have everything backed up!
    12-07-16 09:41 AM
    I will add to this that I did not get the Verizon OTA update (I should have waited). I used the Autoloader and tried an edited version that was not suppose to Wipe the phone. Well, it did not wipe the phone it BRICKED it. So I had to do the full Autoloader and Wipe. I don't know if that's why I don't have the lag or it is something else innate in my setup.
    I have also done the full autoloader and wipe. Whenever I want to factory reset my phone I do it that way.
    12-07-16 09:53 AM
    How is it possible that one person has no problem but it's slow for others?
    My guess is those people don't realize how fast it is supposed to be or don't have 250+ emails a day that they have to reply/file/etc.. not just newsletters, advertisements or forum subscription notices..
    12-07-16 11:02 AM
    I have 2 Priv's one I bought on the Black Friday sale from Shop Blackberry and the other I bought about a year ago also from Shop Blackberry and the hub on the year old hub with the latest update is faster than the Priv I purchased on the Black Friday sale (which hasn't been updated to the latest Hub and or Hub+ services) so I really don't understand why there are such huge differences between users. Also, just want to mention I have a Nexus 6p, S7 Edge & a Pixel phone as well and have updated the hub on all of those phones but none of them have the lag problem.
    FF22 and heading4tomorrow like this.
    12-07-16 11:18 AM
    I have 2 Priv's one I bought on the Black Friday sale from Shop Blackberry and the other I bought about a year ago also from Shop Blackberry and the hub on the year old hub with the latest update is faster than the Priv I purchased on the Black Friday sale (which hasn't been updated to the latest Hub and or Hub+ services) so I really don't understand why there are such huge differences between users. Also, just want to mention I have a Nexus 6p, S7 Edge & a Pixel phone as well and have updated the hub on all of those phones but none of them have the lag problem.
    How are you liking the Pixel?
    12-07-16 11:38 AM
    How are you liking the Pixel?
    It's ok...nothing to write home about though. I actually like my N6P better, the performance level is hardly noticeable between the 2 phones and I don't really care for the huge bezels on the Pixel. The camera on the Pixel is suppose to be better than the S7E but I really don't find that the case either. Back to the topic at hand...I find the hub works just as fast on my Priv's as it does on the other "more powerful & newer" phones that I have so go figure.

Just a side note: of all the Android phones that I own, only the Priv's have the December security patch so far...the rest including the Google phones are still on Nov LOL
    Last edited by buwee; 12-07-16 at 12:15 PM.
    FF22, ajwan and gizmo21 like this.
    12-07-16 12:04 PM
    No it's not that. I also check the RAM there is about 1GB ram available, so this slow down is not a ram issue either. I may have to check the processor, does the processor spike when someone is trying to email someone or waiting for things to load.. I am not sure. Is there an app that displays processor usage on a notification bar, that might help pinpoint the issue.

Come on BB... Please fix the hub.
    12-07-16 01:33 PM
    So, apart from the fact that the Hub flickers with lag every time you scroll.. (slightly better now since the last update, but still messed up) ... now we have an even more annoying problem!!

Emails not opening right away and controls. Look at this video and see how annoying it is.
    I need to go through my emails and act on them fast, and luckily I'm quick. But now, the Hub doesn't catch up anymore. I get more than 200-300 emails per day and I can't afford to keep getting pissed off every time I need to do something email related.

So now:

• Mildly Laggy scrolling
    • Slow reply
    • Slow three dots
    • Slow action menu
    • and plenty more!

BlackBerry stop releasing your updates for the sake of releasing them without full QA!!!
    This is super annoying, aggravating, frustrating and downright embarrassing! For example, my day started 4 hours ago, and I've already lost it twice!!

I'd like to make a similar video, could you tell me what you used to mark the areas blurry? It looks really nice, and if I could hide personal information (of others, I don't care about mine) I could share a lot more.. I don't know if BB will watch those but it can explain a lot.
    12-07-16 01:50 PM
    No problems here
    12-07-16 02:20 PM
    The whole Hub team is aware and actively looking into the issue. We hope to have a hotfix available in Google Play shortly to fix the issue. We appreciate your patience as we work through the fix, and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause in the short term. This is certainly not the experience anyone on the team wants to deliver with an update.
    12-07-16 02:49 PM
    The whole Hub team is aware and actively looking into the issue. We hope to have a hotfix available in Google Play shortly to fix the issue. We appreciate your patience as we work through the fix, and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause in the short term. This is certainly not the experience anyone on the team wants to deliver with an update.
    I remember when forums were flooded with similar issues when BB10 was released. Eventually BlackBerry got it right. Personally I expect nothing less from BlackBerry with a similar outcome. An excellent communication tool that's worthy of BlackBerry brand.

People went back to their 9900's after trying Z10... then nobody looked back by the time 10.2 was released.

This response alone shows you guys care.
    Matt J, FF22, andy957 and 4 others like this.
    12-07-16 04:12 PM
82 123 ...